Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (1 Viewer)

LoveNot

Casual Client
Hmm well that sucks, ah reminds me, when you open a dds file with photoshop, does it show duplicate textures/layers that sizes down up to 8 time? I don't see how I can save this as a png file and reexport it as a dds file, sorry if this is annoying you btw, it's just this one hurdle that's stopping me from finishing thus mod>:(

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Hmm well that sucks, ah reminds me, when you open a dds file with photoshop, does it show duplicate textures/layers that sizes down up to 8 time? I don't see how I can save this as a png file and reexport it as a dds file, sorry if this is annoying you btw, it's just this one hurdle that's stopping me from finishing thus mod>:(
The minimaps? I always turn off importing with minimaps, as well as exporting with them.

LoveNot

Casual Client
So another thought. everytime i try to convert an uneditted norm file into something else with photoshop, it changes from transpant like to solid, do you know anything as to why this is happening?

*Progress: I found the problem... Apparently photoshop extract/ imports the dds file without the alpha channel/layer. i simply had to add it back before exporting... dam that took a while

Attachments

Under_converted.dds
512.1 KB · Views: 114

Under_uneditted.dds
682.8 KB · Views: 118

Last edited:

LoveNot

Casual Client
Success! First step into getting it done!

Attachments

• TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_230016.png
    TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_230016.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 199

LoveNot

Casual Client
Hideous ugly Texture Check. I'm making adjustments and it seems ill be able to get it done~ Thx again UC for the advice

TERA_ScreenShot_20171207_153646.png

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Hideous ugly Texture Check. I'm making adjustments and it seems ill be able to get it done~ Thx again UC for the advice

View attachment 67637
You'll most likely need to edit the specular map to get rid of that sheen. To get rid of the skin glow, I finally figured out that is controlled mainly by the normal map's alpha mask (and I cannot edit that using GIMP, have to use Photoshop for that).

LoveNot

Casual Client
Okay so the main problem im having so far is the reflections of the skin, i turn the alpha down ALOT in the norm dds and i still cant match up the reflects with the skin

TERA_ScreenShot_20171207_231321.png

what does the mask dds do again?

LoveNot

Casual Client
Okay, so im at the final hurdles of this mod... Before i even start drawing a pussy texture or adjusting the skin, the last problem seems to be skin tones. they aren't the same and i dont even know how to make them the same.

TERA_ScreenShot_20171208_154350.png

The Cstm dds only adjust the dyeable colors of the costume, leading to something like this
and mask dds doesnt seem to affect anything

TERA_ScreenShot_20171208_152820.png

unless i can somehow get the skin or w.e to be the same tone, all i can do is fix the texture to match up the skin like this

TERA_ScreenShot_20171208_161650.png

however, it'll only match up to this elin skin tone, and fuck up with every other elin skin *Shrugs*
Still thinking of what to do...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
One thing at a time:

1) To exclude an area of the texture from being dyeable, you need to edit the CSTM texture. Look at the areas that are already there, match up your new area to them, and make them the same color as the default skin areas.
Example 1.png

2) For the skin tones, you need to do the same sort of thing for the mask texture as you did for the CSTM texture. These areas tell the game where to apply skin tone color modifiers.
Example 2.png

3) Make sure the new skin areas are altered on the specular maps to look like skin. This will help to reduce the glossiness, among other things.
Example 3.png

4) Edit the normal map to remove any lines, and further make the area look like skin.
Example 4.png

I hope that helps a bit. It's worth noting that GIMP doesn't seem to be able to properly read the kinds of normal and specular maps that TERA uses, so I have to do the editing for that in Photoshop. However since I cannot stand the navigation and workflow in PS, what I do instead is:

1) Import the textures into Photoshop.
2) Export them as .png files.
3) Open the .png's in GIMP, and make any necessary edits.
4) Save the .png's, the reimport them back into Photoshop, and save them using PS.

----------------------------
I hope that helps you somewhat. That is how I understand what these textures do, but I still struggle with some of these steps myself...

LoveNot

Casual Client
I appreciate the help but you're sort of repeating the steps that I already did,

I dyed the skin, panty area red for th cstm dds and messed with the alpha several times still leading to the costume dye color taking over the skin,
I fiddled with the mask dds several time to only get the results that it does nothing,
The spec and normal dds I can adjust, properly now after messing with it for a while, if I get the proper skin tone.
I've come to realize that this costume or/and other don't/can't use the same skin tone as the body files, or at least I have no clue have to get them to have similar skin tones.
If you want, I can give you my files to check?

I'm also using Photoshop entirely during the process, and th for the link for that

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
The only other thing I ever figured out to try and fix skin mismatching issues was to alter the transparency on the alpha mask for the normal map. It seems to control how bright things look or something, idk. It's not like I ever fully figured out how to get skin tones working, just "mostly". :/

Shinmauru

Avid Affiliate
Hello all!
I recently got back into Tera online. It's been over a year since I last played, and the new intro was fun (and a little sad heh).
So of course I wanted to make all my Elin... ahem... characters nude. But as I loaded the game, I noticed things were not like they used to be.

My Elin gunner's animations are broken for one. When she shoots off her gun (giggity) it usually makes her float and go in a 'zero pose' as I call it, and it forces her head down. Is there a fix for this?

Also, my human beserker is just a floating head. there were other threads for this, just never got it to work,
A lot of the Elin outfits aren't modded it seems at this time for me. I used to use Nauduron's mods. I should probably use UTHelper and that will work with them I am guessing?

Thanks in advance; I mostly just want to fix my Elin gunner.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Hello all!
I recently got back into Tera online. It's been over a year since I last played, and the new intro was fun (and a little sad heh).
So of course I wanted to make all my Elin... ahem... characters nude. But as I loaded the game, I noticed things were not like they used to be.

My Elin gunner's animations are broken for one. When she shoots off her gun (giggity) it usually makes her float and go in a 'zero pose' as I call it, and it forces her head down. Is there a fix for this?

Also, my human beserker is just a floating head. there were other threads for this, just never got it to work,
A lot of the Elin outfits aren't modded it seems at this time for me. I used to use Nauduron's mods. I should probably use UTHelper and that will work with them I am guessing?

Thanks in advance; I mostly just want to fix my Elin gunner.
1) I had that problem with Elin gunners at first. I swiftly deduced that the source of the problem was an animation replacer I'd been using to swap the normal Elin sitting animation with a "lying down" on (got that from some obscure blogsite iirc). The three files that were causing it were Popori_F_Hair_ANI.gpk, Popori_F_ANI.gpk and Popori_F_Face_ANI.gpk.

Any modified animation files like those are going to need to be updated again (same thing that happened when Ninjas and Reapers came out). Unfortunately I know very little about how to do that, other than that it involves some rather advanced hex editing.

-----
2) As for the human berzerk, I can't really say what might cause that. I don't think the human's armor files were updated anytime recently, so if you've got a problem there, you must be using a VERY old file or something, possible pre-brawler?

You're welcome to have whatever I've got for humans, though. This consists of any mods I've picked up over the years from various sites: View attachment Human_F_H.patched.gpk.7z

...And you can always export any additional textures from your old .gpk file and import them into mine (if you want).

-----
3) I'm not sure what you mean by "A lot of the Elin outfits aren't modded it seems at this time." The only way I can think of that they could have been removed by updates would be if you were overwriting the base archives in the CH folder, rather than using the method of creating a separate _CH folder for all of these modded files to go into.

Ichogorod

Potential Patron
em, maybe bad place to ask but anyway... is any program that can take meshes from tera(elin body, armors, ears, hairs, tails, all...) ? dont need to place them back, just moddeling thingy...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
em, maybe bad place to ask but anyway... is any program that can take meshes from tera(elin body, armors, ears, hairs, tails, all...) ? dont need to place them back, just moddeling thingy...
I use Umodel to extract the meshes as .psk files, then use 3ds Max and a plugin called ActorXImporter to import them.

That will get them into 3ds Max, and even keeps their bone rigs intact.

Shinmauru

Avid Affiliate
1) I had that problem with Elin gunners at first. I swiftly deduced that the source of the problem was an animation replacer I'd been using to swap the normal Elin sitting animation with a "lying down" on (got that from some obscure blogsite iirc). The three files that were causing it were Popori_F_Hair_ANI.gpk, Popori_F_ANI.gpk and Popori_F_Face_ANI.gpk.

Any modified animation files like those are going to need to be updated again (same thing that happened when Ninjas and Reapers came out). Unfortunately I know very little about how to do that, other than that it involves some rather advanced hex editing.

-----
2) As for the human berzerk, I can't really say what might cause that. I don't think the human's armor files were updated anytime recently, so if you've got a problem there, you must be using a VERY old file or something, possible pre-brawler?

You're welcome to have whatever I've got for humans, though. This consists of any mods I've picked up over the years from various sites: View attachment 67704

...And you can always export any additional textures from your old .gpk file and import them into mine (if you want).

-----
3) I'm not sure what you mean by "A lot of the Elin outfits aren't modded it seems at this time." The only way I can think of that they could have been removed by updates would be if you were overwriting the base archives in the CH folder, rather than using the method of creating a separate _CH folder for all of these modded files to go into.
Hello! Thanks for responding to me.

1) Yes, this makes sense. 100% makes sense. I actually had swapped the sitting animation and the dance for the maid dance and the school sit. Maybe this is why? Maybe its just the sitting animation, because there are threads about the dance being updated. I love that dance, so hopefully it really is just the sit because I don't care about this at all.

2) Appreciated! I will upload this tomorrow and see if the mods work. I prefer a gpk(sp?) packs over injectors anyway, so hopefully that will allow me to work with those instead. Haven't checked the file tho... if I have to use an injector, that's fine.

3) Ah I am actually using an _CH\ directory. I went to load the gpk files and many of my old outfits weren't loading. I remember having a lot of nude Elin mods, but the outfits just weren't nude anymore. The ducky outfit was topless, the school uniforms were skirtless... I forgot the rest. I guess I'll just use your awesome mods and go with those. My elven ranger has some pretty good nude outfits tho, so I know some work.

I appreciate your help! I never got a character to max level, so now is a good time to do that. I think with nude mods it makes it much more fun to play. :)

- M

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
...I prefer a gpk(sp?) packs over injectors anyway, so hopefully that will allow me to work with those instead. Haven't checked the file tho... if I have to use an injector, that's fine.

Injectors stopped working a looooong time ago afaik. If injectors were still an option last time you played, then odds are the issue with your human berserker WAS that it lacked the brawler updates. n.nU

LoveNot

Casual Client
I use Umodel to extract the meshes as .psk files, then use 3ds Max and a plugin called ActorXImporter to import them.

That will get them into 3ds Max, and even keeps their bone rigs intact.

Hello! Thanks for responding to me.

1) Yes, this makes sense. 100% makes sense. I actually had swapped the sitting animation and the dance for the maid dance and the school sit. Maybe this is why? Maybe its just the sitting animation, because there are threads about the dance being updated. I love that dance, so hopefully it really is just the sit because I don't care about this at all.
- M
If you want, I can upload. Working animation swap that I got from someone

@uc any chance you can mess around with the mesh files or swap the cstm dds from event 16 costume with the skin files/cstm /mask dds so that it'll fix the problem I'm having?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.