Static Hair Development (1 Viewer)

ShinHiyodori

Potential Patron
I am having issues making pieces of hair show in front of the arm and I can't seem to get the ear right either.
I am using the recommended Paint.net and I am also using GIMP.

I have been following this (How to make a static hair mod) guide and just can't seem to follow quite well.

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
Going clockwise: 12 - 3 is under ear (and the rest of the body, e.g. shoulders and below), 3-6 UNUSED, 6-9 BEHIND all, 9-12 OVER all. In the 12-3 quadrant, you don't need to make an ear-hole, the ear will sit atop the things here (you might want to adjust for unrealistic hair going "through" the ear, though). If you want it over the ear, position in the 12-3 quadrant, get reference marks (e.g. place color in the "shine" in the iris) then drag to the 9-12 quad.

The hair strand you point to with the arrows should be in the 9-12 quad. If it had a twin on the "other" side of the head (and would be visible at some point "under" the chin"), that one would be in the 6-9 quad.

Working with layers in GIMP, PS, or any other drawing program that can make layers helps with moving the pieces around to the right quads.

ShinHiyodori

Potential Patron
Going clockwise: 12 - 3 is under ear (and the rest of the body, e.g. shoulders and below), 3-6 UNUSED, 6-9 BEHIND all, 9-12 OVER all. In the 12-3 quadrant, you don't need to make an ear-hole, the ear will sit atop the things here (you might want to adjust for unrealistic hair going "through" the ear, though). If you want it over the ear, position in the 12-3 quadrant, get reference marks (e.g. place color in the "shine" in the iris) then drag to the 9-12 quad.

The hair strand you point to with the arrows should be in the 9-12 quad. If it had a twin on the "other" side of the head (and would be visible at some point "under" the chin"), that one would be in the 6-9 quad.

Working with layers in GIMP, PS, or any other drawing program that can make layers helps with moving the pieces around to the right quads.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.