stuntcock

Content Creator
I do wonder what happened to the Zombie Artist title though...
The old titles caused a lot of headaches on the administrative backend. Most of them were discarded during the website merge. The ones which confer special tools+privileges (such as the Modder group) will be reintroduced, but some of the "prestige" titles (such as Zombie Artist) will probably not come back.

If people post too much nonsense on threads belonging to inactive artists, then we'll simply lock the threads.

I'm officially dead, and at this point have no intention of returning to make new mods, hairs, etc.
As long as you're here -- do you have any objection to myself (or other volunteers) copying your work onto the Resource Manager?

The RM is a standard XenForo feature, and the hope is that it will make the community more inviting for newbies. Instead of clicking through hundreds of threads, someone could find "all of the nude mods for MMOs" or "all of the SDT custom hairstyles which involve short blonde hair" or "all of the SDT superheroine costumes" by fiddling with a few Tags.

The system is fairly robust, but it currently holds less than 5% of the extant SDT mod files. Obviously, this incompleteness limits the value that it can deliver to users. We're not actually aiming for 100% completion (because a lot of old SDT content is shitty and isn't worth the effort of migrating) but copying the thread contents of a good artist can add a lot of value to the system. This is true even if the artist is no longer actively creating mod files.

If you object to the whole idea and would prefer that your work be left alone then just say so.
If you'd prefer to setup your own Resource entries then that's fine.
If you're okay with a volunteer migrating the files on your behalf then let me know and I'll add your thread to the queue.

Shade

Content Creator
The old titles caused a lot of headaches on the administrative backend. Most of them were discarded during the website merge. The ones which confer special tools+privileges (such as the Modder group) will be reintroduced, but some of the "prestige" titles (such as Zombie Artist) will probably not come back.

If people post too much nonsense on threads belonging to inactive artists, then we'll simply lock the threads.

I was considering requesting a thread lock, would I still be able to edit my posts if that was to happen?

As long as you're here -- do you have any objection to myself (or other volunteers) copying your work onto the Resource Manager?

If you object to the whole idea and would prefer that your work be left alone then just say so.
If you'd prefer to setup your own Resource entries then that's fine.
If you're okay with a volunteer migrating the files on your behalf then let me know and I'll add your thread to the queue.

For now, please leave my work as is. Whilst I don't object to using the new feature, I haven't decided if I want to undertake the uploads myself, so they are associated with my account (and therefore as the artist I maintain control over them), or if I've become lazy enough to not care. I appreciate that you've asked me first, so thank you.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I was considering requesting a thread lock, would I still be able to edit my posts if that was to happen?
Yes. A locked thread simply blocks new replies.

undertake the uploads myself, so they are associated with my account
That's the case either way. @smerrebred has been gone for years, but I can upload one of his files and it shows up with him as the author. If he subsequently decides to return to the forum then he'd have the ability to modify the item, respond to any reviews that have been posted, issue a new patch, or even delete the whole thing.

Shade

Content Creator
That's the case either way. @smerrebred has been gone for years, but I can upload one of his files and it shows up with him as the author. If he subsequently decides to return to the forum then he'd have the ability to modify the item, respond to any reviews that have been posted, issue a new patch, or even delete the whole thing.

Music to my ears. Have at it then, if i decide I've changed my mind later, I'll still own all my content to remove anyway. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.