Re-select loaded SWF mods? (1 Viewer)

yabbadabbadoo

Potential Patron
If I import an SWF containing a costume or an individual clothing item, I can often see that item selected in the clothing picker widget in the correct slot. IE, load boots, and they show up in the shoe picker with whatever name the developer gave them. This is not always the case, especially for loader imports, but for vanilla SDT the costumes are usually at least partially chopped into separate pieces.

However, if I change the selection, I can't return to the loaded SWF item. IE, for shoes, once I've clicked right/left on the picker widget, all I can see are the default heels and school shoes.

Is there a way, via the vanilla SDT or loader, to have the pickers remember loaded items? I'd like to load multiple costumes and rotate through the individual pieces (of course limited by how much the developers chopped up the outfits)?

EDIT: This is loading via the Modding tab, not via the loader Mods directory.

ModGuy

Content Creator
I'd think that upon cycling away it would unload the mod? It's not actually part of the list you know, it's just overwriting the current item.
That's probably why when you set it back to vanilla it can't return, because that data is scrapped.

...Probably.

No point in implementing this in the loader, there's already a mod menu for that ;D

yabbadabbadoo

Potential Patron
Thanks for the quick response.

I guess I'm looking for slot-based mutual exclusion - the loader will give me a list of my custom mods, but I'd like a mechanism to enforce one item per slot, with mod -> slot assignment specified by the mod developer or myself. Loading 10 shoes and 10 tops has me hunting through a long list, or renaming the SWFs with a prefix code so I can tell what goes where. Then I'm disabling one and re-enabling another, again via the list. Since the built-in picking widget is already fairly well-constructed and quick to use, I was looking for a way to tie into it.

Obviously this paradigm won't fit all mods, as many are slot-independent, but I keep ending up with 6 pairs of shoes on top of each other and was trying to find a better way to manage and preview the ~1-200 SWFs I've downloaded.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Why not just:

Throw each swf in a folder as Mod.swf using a script.
Generate Mods.txt using the given tool.
Cycle through mods using the hotkey.

BUT

Writing a mod to display the name of the currently loaded mod.
Then it's just a case of yes/no.

As for colours etc, meh. This request is very niche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.