How to save colours of custom clothing (.swf)? (1 Viewer)

Infrawk

Potential Patron
I want to save the colours of specific clothing I've downloaded. Couldn't find any threads detailing how to do this. When I change the RBG values of the item whilst in the Loader (I am not using moreclothing, very vanilla Loader), it changes colour, but when I save the custom file this colour is not logged, and any changes to the code before loading the Loader are not kept.

For example, when I change the colour of a top I have downloaded by using the top colour changer within the Loader, the colour appears to change, but when I generate the code, it shows up as 0,0,0,1 (the default). When I change the code in my custom character file, it does not load (mods appear their default colour I assume, in these cases black). I have tried adding one of the vanilla tops and setting the transparency to 1, but this has no effect (the .swf does successfully override it though).

Do I need to download any Loader mods such as moreclothing to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
I don't know if there is a way around this, usually I just change the code to how I had it in-game manually after saving it, since it gets the colors of everything else.

I think the colors that aren't saved are custom tops, custom bottoms, custom earrings and custom secondary legwear.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly does allalphasliders not save those in the charcode?

as for what the issue is, not exactly clear how this is setup. might also be an overtop with the color following the collar rgb.
going to give a generic suggestion for now; in loader's settings file make sure
loadCodeLast=1

though i think you will find using moreclothing makes character saving much more straightforward, all the complicated stuff is pushed to setting up moreclothing xD

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
I do use moreclothing, although it's mostly for things that are lightweight on the hardware to uphold the 30 fps maximum, things like backgrounds and hairs (about 25 things, instead of ~130).

For loading characters, I use character folders; what comes standard with the loader. I just put all the .swf files in that folder that I want SDChan to wear, and the code loaded afterwards through it as well. I think this is how Infrawk and my problem relate, when saving character codes and loading them after, (when it comes to custom tops, bottoms, etc.) the rgb values aren't saved.

I've got allalphasliders in $INIT$, most of your utility mods I've got in there, I think they address problems related to that issue, although I don't believe there are any mods out there that address the missing rgb values in character codes.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if you want me to see what you are talking about, upload your loader folder somewhere, and provide specific instructions on how to recreate your situation.

with my testing, mine generates both rbg pickers:
panties:none,105,39,178,1,255,167,188,1;

it says none because i had a panties mod manually loaded. note that this is not testing the characters folder part, this is purely to show that the charcode is generated for both rgb1 rgb2

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
That's just it; the values don't show at all for these specific manually loaded things, I'll instead provide an example, this is with moreclothing installed so that imported items can be loaded through the code:

-Open the loader.

-Import a custom shirt, pants, earring or secondary legwear .swf file through the "Modding" tab (these are the ones that don't show up in the saved code when loaded).

-Change the color of the item, then save the code.

-Close and reopen the loader to start with a clean slate.

-Load the code, you will see that the colors of "tops", "bottoms", "earring" and "legwearB" (whichever one you chose) aren't saved.

-Opening the code, you will see that "tops", "bottoms", "earring" and "legwearB" are no where to be found in it as well, this only happens when they are manually imported through the modding tab, use Crtl + F to check.

This seems like a problem with the base loader, when the item is manually loaded, their rgb values don't show up.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
here you go, try this out. i did minimal testing as always, so i have no idea what side effects will happen xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.