5 questions from a noob (1 Viewer)

sdtnoob

Content Creator
I'm fairly new and I've done my best to search the forum but I still have a few questions.
Please let me know if the questions would be better suited in another thread.

sby loader pack 13, loader 5.45d
moreclothingV10 by sby sby
switchSet.v1.4 by ModGuy ModGuy

1)
I've seen other people ask this but not gotten an answer.
After a while, in the lower right corner, a white circle/button appears to go up and down.
Why does it appear, what function is it referring to?
What key/input is it referring to?
Do you press the key once or repeatedly?
If repeatedly, does it matter at what speed? Rapid, slow or in time with the animation?

2)
I'd like to do some character folder organizing of the vanilla characters and ones that came with the loader pack.
Is there a way to extract or separate the char codes from the .sdt file you get from using the 'char list backup' option on the modding tab?
Instead of using the 'save code' button for each character.
I tried opening the .sdt file in notepad but got a load of garbage, but could see the char code hidden in there. What program can open it properly?

3)
I've gone a bit wild and downloaded a lot of clothing and hair mods.
I've found the autogen_settings.bat and .jar which generate the correct format for the moreclothing mod but it only reads the files from in the moreclothingmods folder, and hair and backgrounds sub folders.
I'd like to keep my downloads organized into subfolders. It works if I manually type the subfolder path.
So is there a tool that would do the same as autogen_settings.bat/.jar but go through all the subfolders as well?
Or do people just dump everything in the moreclothingmods folder?

4)
Leading on from the last question, I know you can use a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file to load just the mods needed for a character instead of loading all of them when starting the game.
Is there a mod/tool that will auto generate a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file, like saving a char code file but with the required moreclothing items?

5)
I've been trying out the switchset mod. In the example it lists hairsets as either .swf or .png.
Is there a way to use a hue shifted or RGB hair in a hairset and not as a code in a codeset?

Thanks

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
After a while, in the lower right corner, a white circle/button appears to go up and down.
That's for holding her down, normally you have to spam mouse 1 to keep her down

I tried opening the .sdt file in notepad but got a load of garbage, but could see the char code hidden in there. What program can open it properly?
Use a hex editor

I've found the autogen_settings.bat and .jar
The .bat is a text file that runs commands. You can try editing it.

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
3)
So is there a tool that would do the same as autogen_settings.bat/.jar but go through all the subfolders as well?
Or do people just dump everything in the moreclothingmods folder?
I manually add new categories and subfolders for added mods personally.

4)
Leading on from the last question, I know you can use a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file to load just the mods needed for a character instead of loading all of them when starting the game.
Is there a mod/tool that will auto generate a moreclothingCharSettings.txt file, like saving a char code file but with the required moreclothing items?
All you have to do is use autogen_settings.bat and copy the mods you want, and then you open your character code text file, press enter twice at the end of the last line, and paste the mods you got from autogen into the text file and save it as moreclothingCharSettings.txt.

Easy stuff.

5)
I've been trying out the switchset mod. In the example it lists hairsets as either .swf or .png.
Is there a way to use a hue shifted or RGB hair in a hairset and not as a code in a codeset?

Label the hair as part of the hairset, apply hair color code as part of the codeset. You could try placing the HueData.txt (if any) directly into the character folder and see if it affects the hair properly.

sdtnoob

Content Creator
Thanks all.

The .bat is a text file that runs commands. You can try editing it.
After fighting with batch script for a few days and nearly giving up twice, I've come up with this which will hopefully go through all sub folders and format it correctly. Needs more testing but this is the main line:
moreclothing recursive:
for /f tokens^=1^,2^,3^,4^ delims^=^.^" %%i in ('forfiles /s /m *.txt /c "cmd /c echo @relpath @fname @ext"') do @echo %%~i.%%~j=%%~l >> autotext.txt

Label the hair as part of the hairset, apply hair color code as part of the codeset. You could try placing the HueData.txt (if any) directly into the character folder and see if it affects the hair properly.
I hadn't thought of that.
I had thought to configure the first 'half of codesets' to load a charcode with just hair data, then the 'second half' to load clothing. Then configure the supersets to only have the clothing codes.
Then use the 'charcode' to load hair, and the super sets to load clothing.
Haven't tested yet, will try your suggestion as well.

sdtnoob

Content Creator
2)
I'd like to do some character folder organizing of the vanilla characters and ones that came with the loader pack.
Is there a way to extract or separate the char codes from the .sdt file you get from using the 'char list backup' option on the modding tab?
I've had a go with powershell and regular expressions, bit worried at first but think I have something.
Needs a bit of testing but was a lot easier than than the batch script.

I meant to say in my original post that I'm not against figuring stuff out, just didn't want to go through the trouble if a tool already existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.