Need help from other modders for new body and head type. (1 Viewer)

Dr Bees

Content Creator
My next set of hairs I plan to make will be Agura, Sage and Kyburi from the show Battle Force 5, the only problem is Sage and Kyburi are aliens known as "Sentient's", and Sentient's have different head shapes and body's to humans, I've provided reference points below of course, now Kyburi and Sage are different colours, so the body will have to be colour able like any other clothing in the game. The head shape doesn't need drastic changing, only a small tweak of the back and nose to help fit the two Sentient hairstyles. DO NOTE! THIS IS NOT A HAIR REQUEST!! JUST BODY MODS TO FIT THE SENTIENT HAIRS, THE HEAD WILL BE THE EASIEST PART, I FEEL THAT THE BODIES CAN BE DONE WITH SIMPLE CLOTHING HOWEVER A FULL ON SKIN CHANGE WOULD ALLOW DOWNLOADERS TO EQUIP THE SENTIENT'S WITH CLOTHES. ALSO I DO NOT USE THE LOADER, SO IT WILL HAVE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE NORMAL BROWSER VERSION.

l3DsKcX.jpg
dM0OOVs.jpg
INQI3ff.png

Last edited by a moderator:

stuntcock

Content Creator
the body will have to be colour able like any other clothing in the game.
Clothing is normally re-colored using RGB sliders. Skin is normally re-colored using the HSLC sliders.

The easiest way to implement your idea as a vanilla mod would be to create BODY-type mods (with var overwrite:Boolean = true;). They would then respond to the HSLC sliders rather than the RGB sliders. You could potentially create new clothing mods to fit these bodies (or use existing loose-fitting clothes); any such clothing would use the RGB sliders as usual.

You should probably describe the requirements in more detail, though. The characters appear somewhat androgynous to me. If you expect them to have prominent breasts (or to be compatible with the SDT breast slider) then you should definitely say so.

THE HEAD WILL BE THE EASIEST PART
Creating a flat or nose-less face is a bit tricky. If I was in charge of the project then I would prefer to use a Loader mod which can easily remove the nose and then draw a smooth patch of skin in its place.

You can achieve a somewhat-similar result with vanilla modding (by drawing patches of skin above and below the existing nose, so that the prominent nose looks more like a thick "bump" in the face), but you might not be happy with the results.

ALSO I DO NOT USE THE LOADER, SO IT WILL HAVE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE NORMAL BROWSER VERSION.
Using the vanilla version of the game is fine, but I would encourage you not to run the game in a web browser window. Browser developers have been incrementally withdrawing support for Flash, and aspects of the SDT game (such as "ability to save characters") may suddenly become broken due to a browser security patch.

If you use the Flash Player Projector application then you're much less vulnerable to policy changes.

It's best to host your images offsite. The Undertow fileserver is gradually filling up, so we'd like to use it mainly for persistent content (such as stories, games, and mods created by members of the website). It's especially important as a repository for adult-oriented content which is vulnerable to takedown when it's hosted elsewhere.

Reference images are usually needed for a short time (i.e. until the mod project is complete) and they can usually be hosted elsewhere (on image sites such as postimage) so there's no need to attach them. The particular images used in this thread are work-safe, so there's no harm in hosting them elsewhere.

I've moved your reference images for now. But I would also encourage you to find more images. Body mods are somewhat tricky to create. The modder needs to maintain alignment and attachment of the limbs, even if the new body type differs from the human frame (e.g. the limbs are longer or more slender). Providing high-resolution side-view references makes the modder's job easier, and increases the likelihood that your project will be completed. I personally wouldn't be able to create this mod as-is, because the modder would need to draw new artwork for a few missing/hidden sections and I'm terrible at drawing.

If you'd like to try the project on your own, then there are templates available in vector and raster format. You would need to draw the new body parts onto the appropriate layers of the canvas, then ask a Flash modder to import and publish your work.

Dr Bees

Content Creator
I don't have an Imgur account, but I'll probably make one for situations like these. Honestly, if I had any idea how to make clothes or skin mods then I'd do both Sage and Kyburi on my own, they have pretty simplistic designs on their skin (especially Kyburi), oh by the way Stuntcock, I only know how to post images by dragging them into the description and then converting them to full images, how do I post reference images from imgur instead?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I don't have an Imgur account
Don't need one :)

If you're viewing the imgur homepage then you should be able to just drag-and-drop a collection of image files from your PC (e.g. from Windows Explorer) onto the browser window.

You'll then see a list of the files that you've uploaded. You would need an imgur account in order to actually "Post" them (i.e. make them available to other imgur users for comments, voting, etc). But if you're just interested in hosting the images then you can stop at this point; no further work is needed.

how do I post reference images from imgur instead?
We used to have a convenient tool for that, but it's currently broken due to changes in the imgur API.

Fortunately, you can just use a second drag-and-drop operation. Let's say that you're viewing an image in the aforementioned "list of files that you've uploaded" which appears in imgur after your first drag-and-drop operation. You can grab one of those images and drop it into the text field where you're writing your Undertow post. The image will be automatically included in the BBCode of your post (using IMG tags). You can then rearrange text around the image (if necessary), insert additional images, wrap them up into Spoiler tags (if there are too many images) and finish your post.

You can do fancier stuff with thumbnails and hyperlinks if you want to, but it usually isn't necessary.

if I had any idea how to make clothes or skin mods then I'd do both Sage and Kyburi on my own
That's the point - if you're using the SVG or PSD templates then you don't need to have Adobe software; you don't need to understand how skin mods work. You just need to draw new artwork which fits (approximately) onto the existing body.

Someone will then import your work into Flash and publish a working SWF mod.

The SVG format is preferred for Flash mods (because Flash uses vector graphics, and it's much easier to reshape artwork when it's in vector format). But if you're not comfortable using Inkscape then you could employ the PSD template instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.