morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
How do you get the skin?

There are two ways to get skins: beat the klassic arcade Tower (any difficulty) with the character whose alt you wish to unlock, or buy it in the Krypt (probably be some complete guides up in the next few days).

I'm actually sort of pissed right now, though, because the one skin I really want - Kitana's MK2 Klassic outfit - is only available if you have the mobile card game, and the Android version is still not available. :( If anyone knows any hacks to unlock that costume, please please please let me know.

Will you do anything D'Veorah or Jacqui? Don't people asking for them too much. Just Cassie, Kitana and Sonya, which is nice, but I need some variety.

This Summer, Johnny Cage stars in "My Daughter's Hot Best Friend #19" (Nominated for Best Motorboating Scene, AVN 2015)
I actually have a bunch of Jacqui clips on my harddrive; I've been using her a lot, both in towers and as a punching bag.

D'Vorah gets the ol' Thunderdome treatment
Anyone else upset that you can't ryonaize Ferra?

What I'd really like to do is post some match videos; show the last twenty seconds of the fight, followed by the finisher = however, I can't figure out a way to get rid of the GamerID card that pops up a couple seconds after the Fatality message. I could just chop that section off, or edit the videos so that they end on a still image, but either way it's annoying. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Oh I think her hair looks fine I just wanted to laugh at how the haircut that got a hate thread is one of of the most popular new ladies in MK. That being said like I said I think she is really really cute. IDK much about her other then appearance and Sonya and Casey's kid. Gonna guess she is a punky snarky tomboyish type(which I like)

Rakkar

Potential Patron
For anyone interested, if you are playing the PC version you can use rain, sindel, corrupted shinnok, and baraka with some VERY SIMPLISTIC modding.

Mortal Kombat X Modder Gets Unplayable Characters Working - GameSpot

It's so easy a caveman can do it. Get your sindel time in while you still can (I recommend disabling steam updates until you get your fix of these characters as there is a good chance this will be put down soon).

In other news since the character is literally the same besides the model, and since the model and moveset looks like it is just its own file, you could probably get some of the locked outfits to be playable without actually unlocking them (*cough* revenant kitana). Since this is seemingly so easy I'm going to tinker around for a bit and see what I come up with. There's a lot of really interesting file names in there XD For instance there are SIX kitana files where she only has 4 costumes that I'm aware of.

EDIT: I'm retarded, there were already 6 kitana costumes. The original, plus the 4 unlockables, plus the DLC. Meh. Still, did get sindel working although you can't do any fatalities or brutalities. Regular moves and xrays all work fine though.
If you get the Kitana skins with this method the game doesn't quite work out correctly and selecting the "unlocked" skin will work for everything in game, but has no sound :/ Been looking for a way to get rev. kitana normally but nobody knows yet. And it's literally impossible for me to get classic kitana without modding like this because the mobile game isn't out for android yet, although I did unlock the no sound class kitana using this method also.

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
What do people feel about the game as a...um, well, just a GAME so far?

As a game I preferred 9.

The cutscenes in this one are ugly, and the character models seem less detailed. Personally, I REALLY hate what they did with Outworld. Turning it into a desert-esque badlands kind of thing is lame. I loved the twisted architecture and purple sky Outworld has always had. The gameplay is smooth and definitely follows the classic MK feeling of sluggishness; I find it feels a lot like the PS2 games. The battle system relies heavily on blocking and counterattacking, rather than full on offensive tactics.

The storymode wasn't as impressive either. It was cool, and I enjoyed it, but it seemed to tie in really heavily with the comics, and I haven't read those, so there was some big "Where the hell did that come from?" moments concerning some of the characters. It also--as far as I know--went fully off the beaten track, rather than being a fleshed out version of MK4+'s stories, like 9 did for 1/2/3. As far as I can see the only similarity was that Shinnok was the big bad. The characters included in the game didn't sync up very well with the characters offered in the 1 on 1 either. I won't get into it due to spoilers for the story, but it seemed like lazy implementation to me; traditional characters were added solely for the sake of them being there, unlike 9 where they were in the game because they played a role at that point in the story.

The storymode also incorporates Quick Time Events (Press A. Press B. Etc), I've always hated QTE's.

No stage fatalities. NO. STAGE. FATALITIES.

The Krypt has been beefed up, and is a game of sorts in its own right. The online "Faction" stuff seems to be pretty cool though, my faction totally whooped the shit out of an Outworld invasion last night, which opens up a unique tower, an "Invasion Boss", and a could of other things. We're on track to win the first Faction war, so I'm curious to see what that gets members.

Overall. It's fun. The fights are tactical and enjoyable, the fatalities live up to the reputation of the series (surpassing even 9 in the just outright brutality of them, no pun intended), it doesn't seem to be buggy (though a friend with a weaker rig tells me the PC optimization is poor), and its satisfied my need for violent pummelings. Good, but not great. 9, in my opinion, is a much better game overall.

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
Goddamn. A card game? Fuck that shit. Haha.

I want that skin as well, but I don't know about grinding out 40 levels in a card game for it... I'm so sick of these inter-game tie-ins. Just let me punch people in the face until the sexier outfits are mine. >:(

supe41

Potential Patron
can you make some ryonas of Kitana using mask?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys about Kitana vs Cassie comparison I will stand with Kitana because she still wears less clothes and got a very beautiful face in this game. But I liked Cassie's moans and her personality makes me wish to punish her hard. But Kitana is such a legendary ryona slut for me and can't be replaced, sorry.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Hey guys about Kitana vs Cassie comparison

57237343.jpg

Rakkar

Potential Patron
If anyone knows any hacks to unlock that costume, please please please let me know.

So I missed this one but in your assets folder you rename char_Kitana_M.xxx and her resources_M.xxx file to both be <file_A>.xxx and overwrite the A files. Make sure to back them up and DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET before you do this (steam just started a full 15gb download, sigh).

I think they are pushing out an update also that may break the method of doing this, so don't go online until you've finished playing around with it and put the original files back.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Just got it to work! I sent you and morosenoodle pms. All you need to do is login at the main menu, and you get all the skins instantly.
I think I'll do it myself (it seems like the exact same engine as Injustice), but just wondering how long did it take you to get to lvl40 without spending any money?

No stage fatalities. NO. STAGE. FATALITIES.

No, but there are stage brutalities at least. One was found in the woods stage, and there may or may not be more. Here it is demonstrated on Kitana:
https://youtu.be/CqVhCGNLCs4

h0ly123

Ryonani Teamster
Tournament Kitana is sexy as fuck. Or basically any Kitana that get's rid of those dumb looking split pants type garbo the regular outfits wear and replaces it with the old school bottom.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
So I missed this one but in your assets folder you rename char_Kitana_M.xxx and her resources_M.xxx file to both be <file_A>.xxx and overwrite the A files. Make sure to back them up and DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET before you do this (steam just started a full 15gb download, sigh).

I think they are pushing out an update also that may break the method of doing this, so don't go online until you've finished playing around with it and put the original files back.

Really? I tried this last night (it's essentially the same method for unlocking kharacters that you used in MK9) but it was not working for me. Same went for Fatality modding (MK9, you simply renamed the.xxx files) - both character mods and fatality mods resulted in missing assets.

I had Steam open, so maybe that was the problem? I honestly don't know how they'd "patch" it out, since that's an exploit that's existed since Komplete Edition got released, and it seems to be built-in to the game's file architecture. Steam might be running some kind of checksum, I don't know, but I'd guess the modding, if it worked at all, will continue working into the near future.

Worse comes to worst, just pirate a copy and get it all, DRM free.

Anyways, can you confirm the status of the latest patch? I have all autouodates disabled.

-edit- Actually, oh, wait a minute. Hang on. Do you need to edit BOTH the Char AND the Char_ScriptAssets file, or simply the Char file...?

-edit edit- or the DISM_ files?

Why not, indeed?

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
"No, but there are stage brutalities at least. One was found in the woods stage, and there may or may not be more. Here it is demonstrated on Kitana:"

The old lady in the marketplace is one as well, haha. I THINK I may have found one in the destroyed city. If you hit the opponent with the... not sure what it was, muffler? Of the car on the right side of the level, it does a sorta slo-mo close-up hit of their face... or at least it did for me.

Opponent wasn't at low health though, so not sure if it'd have done something more substantial if they had been.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
No prob, just wanted to share the wealth. Maybe give a shot anyhow since it works for me :/

Yeah, I'm having issues with it. I could try again after the patch...? (which Steam "helpfully" just forced on me)

One thing I was wondering, if you could check for me: I've been poking around, and my theory is that maybe they use the CHAR_x.tfc files to define which kharacters/ kostumes are unlocked? IIRC, .tfc files are texture files, but they only seem to be available for those CHARs that I've already unlocked. Kostumes which I've not Krypt'd yet still show up as CHAR_x.xxx and CHAR_x_scriptassets.xxx, but no CHAR_x.tfc.

So, if you'd be willing, could you check your Asset folder, and see if you've got a file named "CHAR_Kitana_M.tfc"? Possibly send it my way too, if you've got it? There's most likely more to it than this, but it's worth a shot.

Also, fuck yeah on the Kitana MK2 ryona!!!!! You will get a free art request from me, for whatever that's worth!!!

onlinehero

Casual Client
Anyways, here's fatality compilations for her MK9 and MK2 alts. I'm pretty much Kitana'd out until I unlock all the brutalities. Also today's patch was pretty good for frame rates, so I recorded these at 1080.

Spandex Kitana is simply the hottest <3

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, i wouldn't expect it either, but there definitely seems to be a correlation between the number of costumes unlocked per each character and the presence of .tfc files. Most likely, the .tfc files are downloaded as you unlock the costumes, and then permissions are granted somewhere else, like in your profile save data.

How about the B file? Would you be willing to send that? B is the one file I'm missing that you've got, and if the content has a DLC tag on it, that's probably the MK2 cotume.

And no, you are owed art. I will still be doing my own MK2 Kitana videos, but what you have just done is god-tier brilliant.

What software do you use for your video editing, BTW?

Rakkar

Potential Patron
-edit- Actually, oh, wait a minute. Hang on. Do you need to edit BOTH the Char AND the Char_ScriptAssets file, or simply the Char file...?

There are always missing assets (the character select screen wont show anything after you pick Kitana, I always pick royal storm and it works fine though). And like I said there are missing voices when you do this.

But, if you copy the char_kitana_M file and the corresponding asset file and rename them both to overwrite the A versions, when you pick Kitana normally (without choosing a costume) and royal storm, she should be visible in the game. And all the normal moves work on her - fatalities, brutalities, etc.
IIRC, the M file is for her MK2 outfit, and the C file is her revenant outfit. Her B file is probably the MK9 outfit, but you can literally unlock that one for 1000 koins in the first area of the krypt, it's like the easiest thing in the world to do so there's no need to modify anything. I'd actually not bother modding the other outfits in, but stupid NRS hasn't released an android version of the mobile app yet, sigh. And nobody has figured out how to get the revenant outfit yet that I could find.

Only time this didn't work for me was Sindel etc - the characters that don't have complete files (you can tell sindel isnt ready because she has a 4kb size asset file). You can play as/against her, but can't do fatalities or brutalities to them. Probably because they aren't scripted for it yet.

TLDR - copy and rename the char_name_M (or whichever model you want) and the corresponding asset file to char_name_A and select the character (without picking a costume) in the game and continue on to the game (ignore the missing character in the character select screen, it will still work).

EDIT: oh and I don't have any idea what the tfc files do. As far as I can tell they do nothing, you don't need to bother with them to get the different outfits.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Spandex Kitana is simply the hottest <3

I couldn't have said this better.

Also, fuck yeah on the Kitana MK2 ryona!!!!! You will get a free art request from me, for whatever that's worth!!!

Haha, no need to owe anything, all these compilation videos are done for my own personal gain as well anyways.

f11m3ta11, you deserve art and you will get it! Not to interrupt, but might I suggest that morosenoodle give us another Kitana drawing since that appears to be a shared interest of all of us? Perhaps a picture of Shinnok putting the squeeze on Kitty? Just trying to help out. The least I can do since you gave us those wicked classic Kitana compilations.

The way the camera lingers on her body in that outfit? Incredible.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
Re: Rakkar

ooooh, actually, I think I figured out what I did wrong. I think I may have accidentally renamed the .tfc files while I was trying to hack the costumes the other night; that may have been why I kept getting CTDs. I will try it once more.

Have you had any luck with Fatality hacking? I've been using the same method as MK9, but this results in an "empty" fatality - the victim and the aggressor just stand there for about fifteen seconds until the Fatality message appears.

-edit- AHA! Yes! OK, that was what I was doing wrong. Thanks, got the costume mod to work.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make Kitana's Royal Storm variant the blue masked costume, and her Mounrful variant the unmasked costume. Anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.