[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (08/07/16 - Transformer 0.3.1 & Valentine Breakable) (1 Viewer)

timmyc

Content Creator
I had forgotten to mention that to use any of my Advanced Converter's TMC Post processing functionalities, there's no need to convert between TMC and OBJ. They can be used as is.

Anyone can try to repair neck seam now with a click of a button. Please note that the neck seam repair is not complete until the skin mtr col is set, and the proper texture is swapped in.

timmyc

Content Creator
I think I may have stumbled upon someone pretty cool here.

I decided to unlock my tool's smoothness value further and with my new algorithm in place. With Smoothness, the higher end of the spectrum gets you result closer to the "From" shape, and lower end is the other way around.

This is what Ayane To Marie @SF500 looks like
AyaneToMarie_SF500 (1).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (2).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (3).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (4).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (5).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (6).jpg

AyaneToMarie_SF500 (7).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (8).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (9).jpg

And Marie to Ayane @SF300

timmyc

Content Creator
Apologies for the delaying in getting this much needed fix out. I was pwned for a while by a division by zero error. I fail @ elementary school math.
sad.png

Without further ado, I bring you Timmy Character Transformer Update V0.1.7

Change Log
V0.1.7
- Modified the transformation logic to further enhance the smoothness of transformed models. This is especially apparent on Marie's breasts.
- The "From" dropdown box auto-select is a little smarter now.

This update brings mainly correction to the existing transformation algorithm. I used greedy heuristics as explained here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/13/16 - transformer 0.1.6b &converter 0.4.0)) | Page 6 | Undertow which can some times result in unnatural looking breast shapes (usually on anyone to Marie xform) as pictured below
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v0_1_7_02.png
The issue has now been corrected, and as a result, transformation between very different shapes (to or from Marie for instance) causes less deformation, even with higher Smoothness value. Please be warned that when transforming between two very different shapes such as Marie to Ayane, the higher the smoothness value, the more resemblance the end result will be to Marie as opposed to Ayane, and vice versa. If you want the end result to look more Marie, try lowering the smoothness in the case of pretty much anyone to Marie.
Here are a few examples of some extreme transformations. (This "feature" can be used in a creative way :bush:)
Ayane to Marie @SF500
AyaneToMarie_SF500 (1).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (2).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (3).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (4).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (5).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (6).jpg
AyaneToMarie_SF500 (7).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (8).jpg AyaneToMarie_SF500 (9).jpg

Marie to Ayane @SF300
MarieToAyane_SF300 (1).jpg MarieToAyane_SF300 (2).jpg MarieToAyane_SF300 (3).jpg

Here are a few examples of the differences between a few Smoothness values on a Phase 4 to Marie transformation.
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v0_1_7_01.png

As you can see, the deformation is less than that of the algorithm used in v0.1.6 as shown below
timmy_transformer_Sf_Test03.png

This update should fix most of the anomalies (skin clipping through clothing non-physics related). There are still some issues with the transformer - mainly with accessories such as earrings and pendants that appear detached from the character after transformation. This is a tough issue to resolve, but I will be looking for ways to deal with it. In the mean time, I encourage you to try using my converter to fix these issues by hand [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/13/16 - transformer 0.1.6b &converter 0.4.0)) | Page 2 | Undertow

Updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/13/16 - transformer 0.1.6b &converter 0.4.0)) | Page 4 | Undertow

As usual, I would love to hear what you think about this tool. Any feedback, suggestion, criticism, complaint and whatnot are most welcome.

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
After a long week of bug fixing and logic tweaking, I think my transformer tool now has both speed and quality and offers a very wide range of settings for users to play with to suit different tastes. Please let me know if you run into any issues at all - neck seams, strange transformation etc.

I would very much like to hear what you guys think. Please, don't be shy :D

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
I added this to my transformer tool post in hopes to clear any confusion around what smoothness should be used.

Note: For transformation between two very different shaped ladies (ie. Anyone to Marie), if you would like to retain more Marie shape, please try a lower Smoothness value. The lower the Smoothness, the more resemblance to the "From" character the final outcome will bear, and vice versa. So if you use higher smoothness value for, say Ayane to Marie transformation, Marie's breasts will appear a bit fuller (which can be a bonus to some :bush:)
Higher Smoothnes does not always mean it is better, but it does help smooth out the rough edges. I encourage you to try many different values and see what you like best.

timmyc

Content Creator
A bit of what's to come -

One of the biggest problems with the smoothness value is that, going waay up means a very smooth model. This typically is not a problem for characters that are shaped similarly (helena to nyotengu etc). It is, however, a huge problem for transformations such as Lisa -> Marie. I may have a solution to this problem now.

Enter Adaptive Smoothness

What if the tool is smart enough to not over smooth the model?

SF100 comparison shots
timmy_transformer_v0_1_8_preview.png

The V0.1.7 version would turn Marie into a buff little lady, but 0.1.8, at the same SF of 100, is much more Marie like in comparison.

I've got some kinks to work out, but expect an update shortly.

V0.1.8 Lisa To Marie @SF100 test shots

timmyc

Content Creator
After slacking off for a while, I decided to do some update to my transformer tool to (hopefully) increase the quality of transformation using Adaptive Smoothness method.

This update brings a number of small enhancements, bug fixes and I will follow up with a few tips on how to use my transformer in creative ways.

Change Log
V0.2.0
- Further enhanced the algorithm used in "Adaptive Smoothness" to improve the overall quality of transformation.
- Increased the maximum Smoothness to 300, but anything past 100, the tool will automatically enable Adaptive Mode.
- Modified the checkboxes for Skeleton Patcher and Replace Skin MtrCol so they can be used during the transformation process.
- Modified the smoothness Combo box to make it easier to select higher values.
- Modified the character select Combo Box to automatically adjust width if the user has long user defined file names

Resolved
- Fix an issue where a file could be dropped onto the tool window and the "Transform" button would be available again.

First of all, in regards to transformation quality. I think the current algorithm that takes many samples in a Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing style yields pretty decent quality, as long as the transformation "From" and "To" targets are not too different in shape. It's usually fine with transformations between, say, Lisa to Kokoro. However, transformation such as to/from Marie poses a problem since her body has a very different "landscape" compared to other characters, and taking massive samples can result in over-smoothing (ie. blurriness in anti-aliasing methods) which can distort her original shape to varying degrees based on the number of samples (as some of you have discovered, SF100 = fuller Marie - Oh and it's a feature not a bug!
smile.png
)

I think I've come up with a decent compromise between smoothness and faithfulness by making the tool decide on the go how many samples should it take per vertex depending on a few sources of information such as how close this vertex is to the "From" shape, whether or not they are in the same direction, how close the angle between them is, and whatnot and take varying number of samples. For instance, with a cap of 300 now, the sample can go anywhere from 1 to 300. What I hope to achieve with this is an overall smooth looking model without overly deforming it like a regular SF300 transformation would.

Here are some samples showcasing the difference between regular and adaptive smoothing

timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_01.png timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_02.png timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_03.png
You can notice a bit of distortion going on with a few transformations - this seems inevitable as the tool is trying to, as faithfully as possible, put a costume designed for a totally different proportion on Marie.

I think Marie to Leifang shows the biggest difference. Please be warned, however, due to non-uniform method of sampling, some small objects may appear distorted. In this case, usually going higher can help fix the problem, but the final shape will be slightly different from the original "To" shape in the case of anyone to Marie transformation and vice versa.

Small bug fixes include the ability to toggle the tool launching check boxes if you forget to do so before hitting transform as I have a number of times, lol.
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_04.png

Also, another convenience enhancement is that the Character Select combo boxes now can adjust the width dynamically to accommodate long user defined file names to make it easier to tell them apart.
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_07.png

Some more examples
MarieToLeifangAdaptiveExample (1).jpg MarieToLeifangAdaptiveExample (2).jpg MarieToLeifangAdaptiveExample (3).jpg MarieToLeifangAdaptiveExample (4).jpg

Updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/14/16 - transformer 0.1.7 &converter 0.4.0)) | Page 4 | Undertow

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
Here is one of the many ways to use the transformer tool in an unexpected way.

Here I will show you guys some simple tricks to change character's shape based on your preferences.

Let's take a look at Saaf's HLOD Marie. If you want Marie with a larger pair, but in a different costume, what to do? Worry not! Timmy Transformer can make that process easy!

Here's what you can do

Let's say, for instance, I really like this one outfit for Ayane, how do I give it to Marie while giving Marie a larger pair?

First, transform the HLOD Marie to Ayane
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_05.png

Once you have done that, put both transformed HLOD Ayane and Marie HLOD in the UserDefined folder. It helps to give them meaningful names.
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_06.png

timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_07.png
They should appear under both From and To combo boxes once a TMC has been loaded. Load up a costume from Ayane you would like to transform.

Select your newly transformed HLOD Ayane as the "From" and HLOD Marie as the "To", set SF (regular) to 100, and hit transform!
timmy_transformer_tutorial_v_0_2_0_08.png

Aaand this is what you get. In a few simple steps, you've just given Marie quite a sizable boost. Although it's a far cry from the true Master Pieces of Saaf's HLOD, but it's not bad for the amount of time this takes eh?

Please note that currently auto bone transfer and collision transfer do not work on custom user defined reference models yet since it's tricky to figure out what the "To" character is without enforcing a more strict User Defined naming rules. If there's demand for this, I can try to think of a way. For now, please use either Skeleton Patcher or Doutoku's TMC Bone Tool to do the bone stuff.

Last edited:

M226914

Casual Client
Damn...I go away for like, 2 days, and I've missed a billion updates!

The tool seems to be getting more and more accomplished Timmy...I don't know how you keep on coming up with the ideas, let alone the technical ability to pull them off!

Rest assured ; I'll be having a good play with the latest version this weekend...I can't wait! :D

timmyc

Content Creator
Damn...I go away for like, 2 days, and I've missed a billion updates!

The tool seems to be getting more and more accomplished Timmy...I don't know how you keep on coming up with the ideas, let alone the technical ability to pull them off!

Rest assured ; I'll be having a good play with the latest version this weekend...I can't wait! :D

Always happy to know that my tool is appreciated! Thanks for the kind remarks!

timmyc

Content Creator
A quick update today on the Transformer Tool to bring you more faithful transformation to Saaf's Honoka Normal models. Honoka fans are gonna love this. The new Honoka reference model is now based on the Honoka Nude model that Saaf and I released a while ago [DOA5LR] Honoka & Marie Rose: NRM & LOD NUDE MODS - Adult Gaming

Comparison shots, done at adaptive SF30
timmy_transformer_v0_2_0a_honokaupgrade.png

More screenies
0_2_0a_Honoka (1).jpg 0_2_0a_Honoka (2).jpg 0_2_0a_Honoka (3).jpg 0_2_0a_Honoka (4).jpg
And special signature SaafRat's MoP touch... watch the video long enough you may be mesmerized
blush.gif

http://www.mediafire...MoP_Physics.mp4

Please download the 0.2.0a here
[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/14/16 - transformer 0.1.7 &converter 0.4.0)) | Page 4 | Undertow

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
Update to the converter tool - 0.4.0a

This is mostly a bug fix update

Change log
V0.4.0a
- Fixed a few bugs in my TMC parser. now most of the user created TMC can be loaded and converted correctly
- Fixed a number of conversion errors that turns TMC into starfish (bad index problem)

It seems like there are just endless bugs to squash. I've found an issue with the way I parse TMC files that could cause errors such as this
timmy_transformer_v0_2_0_b_02.png

The update addresses some of these issues.

Also general reduction of startfish syndrome.

A similar update will be released for the transformer tool, since both share the same library.

This tool can be used to update reference model I include in my transformer tool to your liking.

Updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/19/16 - transformer 0.2.0a &converter 0.4.0a)) | Page 2 | Undertow

timmyc

Content Creator
More bugs to fix. A few reports about my tool failing to open a few TMCs led to an investigation which reveals a bug in my TMC parser code (which is shared with my converter that has since been updated to use the less buggy code).

Today I bring a few small updates and some bug fixes for my transformer tool -

Change Log
V0.2.1
- Enhanced the adaptive smoothness mode to increase the "dynamic contrast" between the absolute minimum and maximum to try to retain the "To" character from as much as possible, even at very high smoothness values.

Resolved
- The tool would some times report error when opening a few TMCs. This has been resolved.

The problem with the pre 0.2.1 version of tool is that when opening some TMCs, sometimes you are greeted with this:
timmy_transformer_v0_2_0_b_01.png
But now, with this update, you can happily transform those costumes!

A few transformation shots
timmy_transformer_v0_2_1_03.png xformExamples (1).jpg xformExamples (2).jpg

I have also made more adjustment to the "adaptive smoothing" mode in that the absolute minimum does not grow as maximum goes up as with the current outgoing version of the tool. This creates a more "dynamic contrast" for the adaptive mode to play with (think of a TV that has a deep black level). I think this new algorithm is pretty good in its attempt to faithfully reproduce the shape of the "To" character. Please give it a shot and let me know what you think.

As usual, the higher does not always translate to better as it varies between character. For mostly clad models, regular mode should work just fine. For models that bare a bit of skin, you can give adaptive a shot.

Here are a few comparison shots
timmy_transformer_v0_2_1_02.png
As you can see in the picture above, "adaptive mode" is more "true to form" for transforming between characters with drastic physical differences. However, there's pretty much no difference after SF100 adaptive, and with SF300 adaptive, the bikini begins to sink into the skin due to overly high number of samples it's taking to smooth itself out.

I'd love to hear what you guys think about the new adaptive mode. I've also made some improvements to the algorithm so that it runs slightly faster now.

Updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/19/16 - transformer 0.2.0a &converter 0.4.0a)) | Page 4 | Undertow

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
It seems like there is just an endless stream of bugs
biggrin.png

Today I bring yet another bug fix update to my transformer tool and some performance enhancements.

Change Log
V0.2.2
- Enhanced the adaptive smoothness algorithm to greatly improve its performance
- Further tweaked the adaptive smoothness to improve overall quality
- Made the smoothness combobox less tedius to scroll by grouping values between 50 and 100 in increments of 5 instead of 1.

Resolved
- Fixed an issue where transformation would leave gap in the model with adaptive smoothness enabled

I found a bug in the adaptive mode where, after transformation, on some models, there would be visible gaps
timmy_transformer_v0_2_2_tutorial_02.png

As such, I rewrote yet again my adaptive smoothness logic to address this issue. As part of the re-write, I found some inefficiencies in the code and improved the performance quite dramatically.
timmy_transformer_v0_2_2_tutorial_01.png

Gone are the days of waiting for minutes for the adaptive smoothness to finish processing. Transformation with adaptive smoothness can be done with up to 100% increase in efficiency. Adaptive Smoothness mode is now fast enough for repeated experiments!

Updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/20/16 - transformer 0.2.1 &converter 0.4.0a)) | Page 4 | Undertow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.