Daughter's Friend V.0.9.1 and other dialogues by Kasa (1 Viewer)

Sky

Potential Patron
Re: Daughter's Friend V.0.9 and other dialogues by Kasa

you put time into this.. ;D

but sometimes when i change the options.. :P

it suddenly converts "marriagesad":"true" instead of keeping it false, when i had another option on.. just might be me though.. :(

Lizoran

Potential Patron

Sky said:
you put time into this.. ;D

but sometimes when i change the options.. :P

it suddenly converts "marriagesad":"true" instead of keeping it false, when i had another option on.. just might be me though.. :(
astounded said:
Thank you for this (for me) groundbreaking work. I like the attempt to provide a highly customizable story. Really, really excellent.

So far, I have only been able to enjoy it intellectually due to the slowness and temporary lockups on my computer. I hope these are solved one way or the other soon.

Question: I admit to not understanding how I should set the variables. So far, I have edited the header of the dialogue setting "0" to "1". I hope this is correct.
You should probably see the reply that T0mcat gave me
basically all the intro lines are set to "set" so that the variables are random and you always get a different "character"

but if you want to make it so that you set the story,make a copy(because the original is really good) then change the "set" in the intro lines to "check", finally change the variables you want to "true" and you're set (it took me time to find that out but it's worth it)
have fun ;)

astounded

Avid Affiliate

Slowness solved. My fault. I was editing the script to try to make selections between the scenarios and didn't know what I was doing. I still don't fully know but see lots of dialogue potential in learning from this work.

superduper2019

Content Creator

Hi, I've got a giant problem and I hope, I don't annoy anybody with me most likely being incredibly stupid, but I can't get it to work...

So the Loader 5.11 I got doesn't work with it - nothing happens (I think that's supposed to be the case)

So I download the latest SDT Beta from swfchan (link in Kona's latest update) and opened it in my Browser (up to date Firefox)
I don't change anything, but go to the right tab and press open Dialogue- and open this nice dialogue

Neither the fresh downloaded version - nor a version with some of those variables set to true works (nothing happens)

Could you someone tell me, what I am probably doing wrong?

Chops

Potential Patron

superduper2019 said:
Hi, I've got a giant problem and I hope, I don't annoy anybody with me most likely being incredibly stupid, but I can't get it to work...

So the Loader 5.11 I got doesn't work with it - nothing happens (I think that's supposed to be the case)

So I download the latest SDT Beta from swfchan (link in Kona's latest update) and opened it in my Browser (up to date Firefox)
I don't change anything, but go to the right tab and press open Dialogue- and open this nice dialogue

Neither the fresh downloaded version - nor a version with some of those variables set to true works (nothing happens)

Could you someone tell me, what I am probably doing wrong?

You need to download the newer version of the Loader. http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=91.0 The Dialogue system has been updated since version 5.11 and the Kona version is different than the loader

kasamaz

Potential Patron

RC said:
All the other ones will be ignored because she is "busy" with a cock in her mouth when the first_dt will occr and she won't be able to say the lines.

Same things goes for many other lines that are simply impossible to trigger. Always be careful when making her speak.

I may do some edits in the future to address that issue RC, thanks for bringing it up. I assume if I set a substitute to those lines that was neither in the style "thought" or "him" it would work. For example:

First_dt:"[fdt]"
fdt:"now this line could play."
fdt:"Even if this line existed because the first line of the sequence was a normal line."{"style":"Him"}

Does that make any sense or would it still be just the "Him" style line that would play.
Thanks RC!

To everyone else, I hope I brought some clarity to the variable situation in my original post in yellow text. I've been unable to get on for the holidays and various sicknesses in the family but now I should be back with more reliability. I have a mound of new ideas for my next dialogue and I'll be churning on that thing pretty soon. Thanks for the interest ya'll and hope you have (or have had) a great holiday season free of evil Mayan calendars falling from the skies. ;D

mfdoom

Potential Patron
One idea to trigger other lines for the first_dt (possibly a setup for a mini dialoge):

make one line for the guy and trigger another set like this

first_dt:"THE GUY IS TALKING[repeat]"{"style":"Him"}
that's the line who's going to get triggered beacause her mouth is busy (so it will be either him talking or her thinking)

and then a set of repeats spoken by her (with maybe some dialogue)

but since the repeat set will be triggered with her mouth busy we can add some "loops" like this

repeat:"tHE GUY STILL TALKS SOME MORE(SOMETHING LIKE 'It feels so good' or 'mmmh')[repeat]"{"style":"Him"}
basicly it calls itself at the end and it will do so until some other lines are available

and finally one (or some) line without the loop at the end
repeat:"THE GIRL TALKS"

I would leave just one loop line and a few without the loop so it's less probable to get another loop, even with her mouth "free"

I will put an exemple when i'm done with my version of this beautiful dialoge, thanks Kasa!

Rogue

Potential Patron
I wanted to post a vigorous log. But the problem has already been solved so i'm just saying: Thanks mate!

finalxero

Potential Patron
To clarify what blumisb said about trigger names being case-sensitive: Trigger names are apparently case-sensitive. Putting an uppercase V on "Vigorous", as you seem to have done in almost every case, will prevent those lines from triggering.

Also, I got one of the "vige" lines when I shouldn't have. Upon checking, you have them marked as:
{"check":{"held":"true"}}
The in-game parser apparently doesn't even recognize this, but it does recognize:
{"held":"true"}
... Which is the format used in other lines that do seem to work properly, so there you go.

As for my own actual specialty, the writing is very well done in general, but I'm noticing a lot of doubled spaces. I've actually run into this before, it seems to stem from the action tags and the game automatically inserting a space if there isn't one immediately before the tag even if there's already one after the tag, so you'll want to plan around that. I also noticed a few other isolated errors, and it's just now occurring to me that I should've made a list instead of just correcting them as I spotted them. Oops. Though one I wasn't sure what to do with was the fact that the "imagine me as whoever you want" line seems to... well, I'm not even sure what happened at the end of it, it just sort of gets lost.

The forcefuloffer chain is suitably hardcore, but it seems... Well, I'm not sure how to explain it, but parts of it don't seem to mesh with certain other parameters. You may actually be able to work it out with a small branch or even just a few substitutions, I haven't really sat down and tried anything on for size yet. Hell, that might be a good idea anyway to add variety, and it could easily play off the variables you already have in place. I've actually been having a few ideas on that front, if you're interested.

Whiteriver

Potential Patron
Wow. Great dialogue, man. You clearly put tons of work into this.

Just one question (at the moment), how did you make her name dynamic like that? I've been working on a dialogue myself, and I'd love to steal that. ;)

kasamaz

Potential Patron
Sorry about being gone so long gents. Had house guests for a while where I didn't have the same time to log in and make edits. A couple of quick responses:
mfdoom: Really like the cycling idea, I don't think it meets the goals I have for this dialogue but I'll be putting this in my idea bank.
finalxero: Thanks for the catch in vig modes, I'll go through and edit those through, as well as the checks attached to held dialogues. As per the extra spacing, I probably won't fix it for this dialogue, but I believe I isolated that problem so in future works it shouldn't be a problem. As for the forceful dialogue, yip it's a bit hardcore. One thing that's true about trying to get so many variables attached trying to get them to work together is one character leads to a real set of split personalities. Feel free to PM me your ideas I might be able to get it working.
everyoneelsewhoposted: Thanks for the support and karma. I do my best to try to ensure grammar and spelling are as clean as possible. It takes a bit of time but I know dialogues where the grammar or spelling suffers kills my mood when using SDT. I hope you'll all be patient forr updates and new dialogues. My struggle is the time investment I have working, hosting people in my house and working on my new dialogue ideas. Producing sixty pages of dialogue that is cohesive takes well too much focus sometimes, and the next one based on the new features I want to introduce looks even harder to setup than the last and possibly longer to write than the first.
I have a request from any users of my dialogue, posters or not, for a tiny bit of input. I've got two dialogues in early stages and was wondering what my "audience" was more interested in. PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR OPINIONS it would really be appreciated! A teacher+female student dialogue, we've seen a few, but I would put my own style on the topic --OR-- a dialogue where the male lead has blackmailed someone into giving up their daughter for a rough series of nights. Either one would include some major work for me and I like both ideas set one aside myself. So again PM me if you feel comfortable and after a few days I'll start putting a focused approach toward that topic KNOWING that's what's wanted. I've made plenty enough dialogues for me, I want this to be for anyone whose a fan of what I'm doing. Glad to know you're all enjoying it!

JakTenba

Potential Patron
First things first I love this dialogue all the different chances are amazing. Only thing is I was wondering is that at the end of the 5th chain, were the player is happily married, where did that come from. I mean it goes from getting the wife on board to suddenly the entire thing is being cut off. It just came out of nowhere and was quite the shock.

HPLoveshaft

Potential Patron
Is there a way to set the variables and still get the intro dialog? As far as I've been able to tweak things, I can either get the intro or set the variables, not both. I'd like to see the intro for the variables I've chosen.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
I went over Daughter's friend dialogue as someone reported that it had issues.
I fixed all instances of double spaces, fixed a couple typo's, fixed the Vigorous lines and tried to make the dialogue a little bit more friendly if you don't have a girl name set (except for this one line where she names herself).

Attachments

daughter's friend 0.9.1FIXED.txt
284.3 KB · Views: 1,339

kasamaz

Potential Patron
Thanks for all the positive feedback people! I have an update on the main page and after writing some fiction under other names and work, I am back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.