It should be possible to utilize Large Language Models (LLMs/AI) locally to enhance dialogue in SDT. (2 Viewers)

ZipMip

Potential Patron

You can run LLMs locally (such as Pygmalion or a higher-end model) in oobabooga's UI and chat with them via SillyTavern.

It is very possible to train a character that knows exactly how to return SDT syntax (if trained properly), including syntax of the add-ons (i.e. character actions and things like that).

Better yet, you could use ElvenLabs or another locally-ran LLM to add real voices directly into the game (which is already supported via SillyTavern).

Long story short what this would need to happen:
1) You need a menu in SDT to input the API credentials including your ST username/password
2) Dialogues would be made to instead call the API, and the API call would include a "prompt" that explains what is needed from the AI (i.e. a message from i.e. a succubus greeting the character)
3) System prompt (that would probably be universal, editable by the user, which lays out what the AI is capable of: i.e. the dialogue messages types and allowed actions)

I do this already locally on my machine (without SDT integration), and the results are insane.

Any SDT-familiar developers know whether flash would support something of the sort? Adobe Flash Platform * Basics of using the external API

Looks like this would be done via proxy? I have never touched modding SDT, but I'd try if I knew what I was getting into with something like this. I'd imagine you'd need an entirely new dialogue engine, or, feature added to the enhanced dialogues mod.

I am familiar with prompt engineering, so if anyone is down to try to make a stab at a basic mod that changes how the dialogue system works, I'm open to trying to see if I can get an example dialogue running (I can run local uncensored LLMs)

firlafanz

Writer
Streamer
Editor
Teacher
In terms of technical implementation, close collaboration with experienced SDT developers may be required to determine if Flash would support this type of integration. The possibility of a proxy is also an interesting consideration. It could be that a completely new dialog engine is required or that existing features need to be extended.

I look forward to seeing how these ideas develop and how they might affect the game experience in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.