Charcode/Background files not loading when .swf files are loaded? (Dialogue Help) (1 Viewer)

Verynoobthx

Potential Patron
So I've been trying to make a dialogue that includes [1]a dynamic hair .swf file, [2]a male skin .swf file, [3]charcode for the girl, and [4] a background. Is this just not possible? I can load both the .swf files fine, but it strips her naked and the charcode applies things like mood but not clothes (I tried dialogueactions triggers [LOAD_CHARCODE2] and [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] to no avail). And the background doesn't load at all and there's not even a message that the background failed to load, and I can still load it manually. Is there a way to get all four to load properly? Here's my code:
Code:
start:"[LOAD_MOD][start2]"{"style":"Him","set":{"da.mod.load":"MaleSkin.swf"}}
start2:"[LOAD_MOD][start3]"{"style":"Him", "set":{"da.mod.load":"DynamicHair.swf"}}
start3:"[LOAD_CHARCODE][start4]"{"style":"Him","set":{"da.charcode.load":"<written out charcode with including clothes that don't load>"}}
start4:"[CHANGE_BACKGROUND][start5]"{"style":"Him","set":{"da.background.load":"BG.png"}}

Its like the .swf mods are preventing the clothes and background from loading. I think some of the clothes are from the moreclothing mod if that helps.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Some mods are just a mess, particularly older mods. Most mods that change the male model are like that so it's very possible that MaleSkin can't be implemented like this (Dante's male heads can't be for instance I'm 99% sure of). I can't say because I'm not familiar with the mod.

Many costume mods load charcode, backgrounds and all sorts of stuff you don't want. Moreclothing solves this issue by letting you choose which elements of a mod are loaded and separating them. Implementing your mods into that and using charcode or da.clothes.<mod> is much better generally speaking. That might solve your problem. Can't say without knowing the mod involved but chances are that's the fix you're looking for so try that first. Doesn't help with him mods though.

Loading charcode is troublesome. [LOAD_CHARCODE] has limitations and [LOAD_CHARCODE2] and [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] don't allow you to call a new line on that same line. I saw a post with some trick to make it work but personally I've managed to circumvent the issue so I don't know how that works.

I recommend using da.her.body.<whatever> and da.clothes.<whatever> if moreclothing doesn't help. It's an absolute pain but can get the job done when charcode doesn't do it. As for the background not loading is it possible that you were using [LOAD_CHARCODE2] or [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] when you discovered that? If so it's possible start4 was never called for the reason mentioned above. When bugfixing always put some speech on your lines. That way you'll see if the line is getting played at least.

Lastly, as an aside, you don't need the [CHANGE_BACKGROUND] trigger. That's only for when it's timing sensitive and you want to switch BGs in the middle of playing a line - clearly not the case here. The line attribute is sufficient.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Rudgar

Content Creator
[...] Many costume mods load charcode, backgrounds and all sorts of stuff you don't want. Moreclothing solves this issue by letting you choose which elements of a mod are loaded and separating them. Implementing your mods into that and using charcode or da.clothes.<mod> is much better generally speaking. That might solve your problem. Can't say without knowing the mod involved but chances are that's the fix you're looking for so try that first.[...]
confirmed

Loading charcode is troublesome. [LOAD_CHARCODE] has limitations and [LOAD_CHARCODE2] and [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] don't allow you to call a new line on that same line.
Objection, your honor!

I saw a post with some trick to make it work but personally I've managed to circumvent the issue so I don't know how that works.
It's not a "trick", it's a feature (or tutorial, if you prefer).

Respectfully, Rudgar

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Do I understand it correctly that the trick.....
It's not a "trick", it's a feature
....oh sorry, I meant feature *COUGH* (trick) *COUGH* is that the game acts up if you actually type out [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] but is cool with it and lets you call a line and load your code if you insert a variable defined as "LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE" within the brackets?

I was in the middle of finishing the Attendants part 1 when you posted it so I didn't really get around to figuring it out since I had a workaround. If it's that simple it's gonna save me a lot of headache in the future.

Last edited:

Verynoobthx

Potential Patron
-snip-
Best of luck.

So, if for example I wanted her to wear elbow gloves, and charcode wont load them, I can use da.clothes to load them? how would i write that in the dialogue using da.clothes? This is what I have:
Code:
start2:"[armwear][start3]"{"style":"Him","set":{"da.clothes.armwear.elbowglove,255,203,207"}}
Obviously that isnt right, I'm not sure how to get it to work though. What triggers do I use and is the format correct?

Rudgar

Content Creator
So, if for example I wanted her to wear elbow gloves, and charcode wont load them, I can use da.clothes to load them? how would i write that in the dialogue using da.clothes? This is what I have:
Code:
start2:"[armwear][start3]"{"style":"Him","set":{"da.clothes.armwear.elbowglove,255,203,207"}}
Obviously that isnt right, I'm not sure how to get it to work though. What triggers do I use and is the format correct?
I think(!) it should be:

{"style":"Him","set":{"da.clothes.armwear","elbowglove,255,203,207"}}

But you better lookup the documentation "For dialog writer)

Respectfully, Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.