16:9 background help (1 Viewer)

DarkYami

Potential Patron
once upon a time i had vanilla SDT downloaded then came the official death of flash. Then came the total kill of my computer that had SDT.(lost all backups)
a year ish later i found undertow and have started learning loader(only a few days in as of this post)
I am still building a collection of mods and many have not yet been explored
I am trying to get a functional 16:9 background working I used to have one that I used on all my vanilla saves. All the backgrounds that are 16:9 here on undertow that I have tryed when loading threw the character folder brake something or don't load or brake something and don't load depending on what way I try and load it. I have a number of 16:9 jpg and png files but they always crop to 4:3 when i try and load them.

what am I not doing or how do i get one of these backgrounds to load properly?
I would even settle for a 16:9 version of BG:2; in the code file(main background i am going for is a sort of dungion or bedroom)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

RokPhenix

Content Creator
try to load a big picture will not load a XL background.
You need to load a swf file hd background.
Did you try to set the line 31 in your Settings.txt with this ? :
Settings.txt:
bordersEnabled=0

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I meant to comment on this sooner but wasn't for sure myself. Taking a second look I can tell you that jpg and png will automatically crop to the lower left corner regardless of size. To get a wide background you need a swf then resize the window to fit it. It won't automatically resize the window when loading a wide background swf. SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror has lots of HD/XL backgrounds to choose from. I use them frequently. Also btw, use the button for SWF mod instead of Background.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
You can make your own HD backgrounds with one of mine (like Bar 01, that have 16/9 precum flashing).
You just need to replace the image with JPEXS decompiler (Perdition made a tutorial about this program: Making basic Isolation Mods).
Download the SWF HD background, extract the image with JPEXS, edit it with any image editor (keep the dimentions at 1122×825 px) and replace it in the SWF, it should work fine.
It's kinda the same method as in my little tutorial in post #4.

I wanted to make a complete tutorial about this, and even a way to make SWF costumes without having to use Flash Pro/Animate and only JPEXS, but I lost interest... And in the meantime, my PC also got wasted.

Last edited:

DarkYami

Potential Patron
I am sorry for the late response I have been rather busy with work stuff.
I did find a semi workable solution using a mod that lets you switch stuff on the same character loading the backgrounds that way.

for reference syntax a number of your widescreen backgrounds were ones i was trying to use initially but they would not load as part of the character i would have to load the character then load the background then fix the character cause loading the backgrounds would brake things any which way i tried without using some sort of mod to handle the backgrounds the bedroom ones and the bar ones were the ones i tried.

i will look into some of the other stuff mentioned here when i get a chance

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
but they would not load as part of the character i would have to load the character then load the background then fix the character cause loading the backgrounds would brake things
It seems strange because as far as I can remember, my backgrounds do not change CustomData.
Most of the times it is the superfluous CustomData of the SWFs/MODs that mess things up, but there is not much you can do without editing the code. Maybe it is possible to edit/remove CustomData with JPEXS decompiler?
I made a regex/script that removes all the unwanted things of CustomData if it can help: Custom Data Cleaner.

Anyway, if it is a problem with the Loader, I'm afraid that I cannot answer, because I never learnt how to use it.

Good luck anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.