Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (5 Viewers)

SlainByPie

Potential Patron
Yes, techinically you needed the modified PAD00001 in order to get the full body mesh, when you remove the clothing. Otherwise, you will get a lot of "holes" in your model.
Sadly this is what we'll have now. Unless you have a Cash Shop underwear, I'm afraid if you remove the texture from any armor of the game, you will see "holes" in your character.

Could that be solved by layering a basebody texture under the modified armor's texture? Probably wouldn't work for everything due to mesh issues (since it looks like some of these are essentially using transparencies), but might work for some things.

Radge

Vivacious Visitor
one solution could be :
most of us bought the kibelius armour it seems and that has a full body mesh linked to it in the files anyway out of necessity. Has anyone tried replacing the full kibelius texture with another armour to see if that will work?
i'm not very good with textures so haven't tried myself.
granted that would only be 1 mod available but it's a start ?

moteboat

Potential Patron
If this really was done to combat armor swapping and not just a bug, I'm especially sad. I really only used this method to remove the shorts/underwear on many of the in-game armors.

I have to imagine things like modding yourself to have a certain costume client-side only would probably be like downloading pirated media; most people who do it wouldn't have bought the media anyway, so minimal revenue is lost.

Either way, I hope some of you amazing people are able to find a workaround and continue your awesome work!

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
If this really was done to combat armor swapping and not just a bug, I'm especially sad. I really only used this method to remove the shorts/underwear on many of the in-game armors.

I have to imagine things like modding yourself to have a certain costume client-side only would probably be like downloading pirated media; most people who do it wouldn't have bought the media anyway, so minimal revenue is lost.

Either way, I hope some of you amazing people are able to find a workaround and continue your awesome work!
You don't need the .xml file to remove the underwear, this can be done using textures, and those still work.

Kairi

Potential Patron
You don't need the .xml file to remove the underwear, this can be done using textures, and those still work.
Is there any way to remove the shoes that way too? Sorry for the stupid question. I'm entirely new here, basically. I had this working for all of one day.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
I wonder if Daum will try to patch this. Rather not if, but when, as all the whales who bought the costumes the legit way will start crying in droves once wind of this gets out, and it will. It always does. While I don't mind if we can't swap armours anymore, I do mind if they remove the ability to create a nude mod as a result of this. That would be really unfortunate.

I hate to say I told you so.. but...
so much for Daum not patching it. :frown:

Moving ahead to hopefully clearer waters, is there any workaround at the very least for the nude mod or is it back to square 1?

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
I hate to say I told you so.. but...
so much for Daum not patching it. :frown:

Moving ahead to hopefully clearer waters, is there any workaround at the very least for the nude mod or is it back to square 1?
Nude mod does work but most of the armor is so all covering you cant tell. And the angel wing set does work with it but as far as i understand it you need to own that set in order for it to work. I was able to see it in the pearl store though. As much as i hate to do it I'm tempted to farm up the cash to buy it just so my character isn't in such horrid looking gear.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Nude mod does work but most of the armor is so all covering you cant tell. And the angel wing set does work with it but as far as i understand it you need to own that set in order for it to work. I was able to see it in the pearl store though. As much as i hate to do it I'm tempted to farm up the cash to buy it just so my character isn't in such horrid looking gear.

That's unfortunate. Personally I refuse to give Daum a penny. The costumes are indeed gorgeous, and I respect the artists but the publisher is showing clear greed with the prices. Any publisher that charges an B2P entrance fee then actually gives a WORSE client that F2P (they removed the dye vendor in NA/EU versions to force you to buy cash shop dye.) doesn't deserve my money.

I'll wait for the script wizards to try and find a workaround.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
That's unfortunate. Personally I refuse to give Daum a penny. The costumes are indeed gorgeous, and I respect the artists but the publisher is showing clear greed with the prices. Any publisher that charges an B2P entrance fee then actually gives a WORSE client that F2P (they removed the dye vendor in NA/EU versions to force you to buy cash shop dye.) doesn't deserve my money.

I'll wait for the script wizards to try and find a workaround.
Oh i agree very much on that. The prices are insane and a blatant cash grab by Daum. I could do surveys to get what i want but that's so much work. Twenty dollars for the chest piece and a pair of shoes. Normally i dont mind spending money on a cash shop to support a game i enjoy. God knows i spent tons on Vindictus and i even used nude mods there. I would be nude but always wear a good set of underwear for others to see. But with the prices for BDO I'm finding it very hard to bring myself to do it.
2016-04-13_193262164.JPG
2016-04-13_193266097.JPG

Twenty bucks for that, chest and shoes. But it sure beats the unmodded life skills outfits like the fisher below.
2016-04-13_193407390.JPG
So yea i will be debating doing that with myself for quite a while to come. Probably until i have the money and just do it to finally stop debating lol.

supermcawesome

Potential Patron
Wow. What are the chances that the day I figure out how to get all the PAC names for weapons and armor, stay up all night testing them out and keeping records of them, they have it patched? So sad.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Wow. What are the chances that the day I figure out how to get all the PAC names for weapons and armor, stay up all night testing them out and keeping records of them, they have it patched? So sad.
I had a similar thing happen. Had one more outfit to mod, which would finish after the patch hit and then boom no more mods. But I'm still hopeful that as long as the game stays popular people will find a way to get around it. Hacked exe or something.

But if not, on the bright side for me anyway, the game does run better with just a simple nude mod rather then all the armor mods.

lobete

Potential Patron
They were greedy, but I was content to give them some money. I bought a few of the costumes I liked and opted to use the modding to hide armors I didn't like rather than swap them. Hiding the default undies and armor for example (cuz you are basically naked anyway at that point). I also got tired of all the Trent camo so I made transparent so everyone in it appear in their undies or naked. Though I guess that would also get them in a tizzy for a completely different reason if they knew ><

Gsus

Potential Patron
Nice work dude, swap armors for valkyrie and sorcerer works fine for me, but I have a issues with swapping armor for the tamer, this not works for me, i dont know what I doing wrong, the lines structure for valkyrie works fine, you have some idea what no works with Tamer?, I want to swapp the starter armor to the conquerer​

1. PrtScr%20capture_2_zpsyfuwz8qa.jpg

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Nice work dude, swap armors for valkyrie and sorcerer works fine for me, but I have a issues with swapping armor for the tamer, this not works for me, i dont know what I doing wrong, the lines structure for valkyrie works fine, you have some idea what no works with Tamer?, I want to swapp the starter armor to the conquerer​

1. PrtScr%20capture_2_zpsyfuwz8qa.jpg
Your code is right, it shouldn't be not doing anything. Have you tried swapping the same armor for the Valkyrie? _00_UB_0007?
What version are you playing? Russian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.