Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I liked your post and it'd be great to see more.

Sifu lends itself well to this kind of visual capture and potential storytelling - you brutally mow through a veritable horde of NPCs, most of who probably have no idea who you are or how powerful you are, but are just low level gang members trying to defend their turf. Most of them look and feel like more like individuals in a gang than most games. There's a lot fewer 'identical clones' than most games, and most of the NPCs look reasonably realistic - ie: they look plausible as normal modern people mixed up in gang stuff/bad shit, rather than being completely ridiculous over the top designs.

I especially like this NPC - she's well-toned and tattooed, and clearly has something on her mind when you encounter her sitting down. This uniqueness adds more to her potential story - we can fill in her imaginary background: why is she holding her hand to her head? Does she have a hangover from trying to keep up with everyone else during the huge drinking session last night? Is she coming down from a bad trip? Or is she thinking about something serious - maybe worrying about how deep in debt she is to some Triad loan sharks.

As for her appearance - she has an aggressive, mean look to her and clearly is in really good shape - she was probably really proud of her abs (probably making tons of arrogant and obnoxious instagram posts about it) - were they to meet the high physical fitness standards of the gang? Or was it to try and catch the eye of one of the mid-ranking male gang members that she had a thing for?

Regardless, all those months of determination and hard work in the gym didn't help her in the least, and despite her mean look and well-toned body, she chose to fight, and was brutally killed in only a few seconds, probably barely even time to register just how outmatched she was. Now her life is over and the body she worked so hard on is dumped in the trash without any sentiment from her gangmates - her so-called comrades won't even give her a proper burial to avoid alerting the authorities.

IMO she might be the gang's brawler, maybe one of the brawlers. She's wearing a glove fit for bare-handed fighting, and a rather sporty outfit.

aesopn

Club Regular
New footage from City of Rampage, thought I would share here.

This zako appear throughout the whole level, dress in pink see through tops + white bra/bikini and hot pants.

cor.PNG

luciasmalfoy9999

Potential Patron
Here's something a bit different, using the photo-mode in Sifu.

The very first zako in the game is this gang girl wearing short shorts and a crop top. Before the hero's arrival, she sits on the bed with one hand to her temple. Is she thinking? Talking on the phone? Nursing a headache?
Who knows or cares? Certainly not our hero.

When our hero drops in uninvited, she tries to throw a punch at him. That becomes a very fateful decision for her.
The hero destroys her so quickly and easily that, after a minute or so, he probably forgets she had ever existed at all.
View attachment 134320View attachment 134321View attachment 134322View attachment 134327

But there are other inhabitants of this bunk house, and from the looks of things people are dropping in and out frequently.
What if one of the other inhabitants returned later that day to find the aftermath of the hero's visit here . . .

Late arrival guy: "What a mess! Hey you. What the hell happened here?"
He gives her a few sharp prods with the toe of his shoe, but she remains flaccid and unresponsive.
View attachment 134339

Late arrival guy: "Get up and help me clean this!"
He pulls her up by the arm. Her head lolls back limply, and he finally lets her drop again.
View attachment 134340

Late arrival guy: "Great. I guess I get to clean this up . . . and you're the first to go. Let's see here."
He grabs her from beneath the armpits and lifts her roughly. He looks around for a moment. Then, unsure of where to put her, he drops her. Her limp body flops forward onto a floormat beneath him.
View attachment 134325View attachment 134326View attachment 134328

He looks around a bit more. His eyes fall on some flattened cardboard on the balcony area outside.
"Aha. That'll do nicely for now."
He snatches her up by her shorts and hair and half-carries, half-drags her outside. Her limbs dangle loosely with every step. He finally dumps her onto the cardboard.
View attachment 134329View attachment 134331View attachment 134333View attachment 134334View attachment 134330

He peers over the ledge for a moment. Two stories below lie several big trash cans.
He looks up again and sees this week's trash bag lying in a corner. A smile spreads slowly across his face.
He lifts the limp zako's body again, but his hands are sweaty and he loses his grip. She flops back down to the cardboard.
View attachment 134335

Late arrival guy: "Dammit! Ah well. At least now I have a plan."
He wipes his hands on his pants, lifts the limp zako again, drag-carries her a bit more, and plops her down next to the trash bag.
"This is perfect. The other guys will be back in a few hours. I'll get em to open the trash cans on the street, and we'll just drop the trash in from up here like we normally do. This time there will be a little extra, but hey, the mess will be cleaned and the problem solved!"
He wipes his hands off again, steps back, and admires his work for a moment before going back inside to wait.
View attachment 134336View attachment 134332View attachment 134337View attachment 134338

What do y'all think of this style of post? I have a few more like this in mind, including one with the Soozie-inspired zako from the club stage.
I’m usually just a lurker hear but I just had to comment. Fantastic! I’d welcome more posts like this.

oneofone

Club Regular
Thanks!

Sorry for not posting on your fetish.
But honestly a simple appreciation "great share" would have been nice.
Comment like this really sets me back from sharing next time.

Dont take comments so personal. They are just stating what they like.

You cant post content and then dictate how YOU think people should respond.

Everyone in this thread appreciates your post, but at the same time people have a right to comment how they please.

In other words, please keep sharing regardless of anyone says.

Last edited:

Drizzt78

Master of this Domain
Dont take comments so personal. They are just stating what they like.

You cant post content and then dictate how YOU think people should respond.

Everyone in this thread appreciates your post, but at the same time people have a right to comment how they please.

In other words, please keep sharing regardless of anyone says.
"I keep hearing how posters being assholes stops people from contributing. Should I make the most token possible effort to encourage people to stop being assholes? Nah, I'll just keep victim blaming, that is definitely a useful and productive use of my time"

oneofone

Club Regular
"I keep hearing how posters being assholes stops people from contributing. Should I make the most token possible effort to encourage people to stop being assholes? Nah, I'll just keep victim blaming, that is definitely a useful and productive use of my time"

People are going to be assholes no matter what anyone says, does, or ask, so I think the best thing to do is just ignore it and not let it affect if someone decides to post or not.

aesopn

Club Regular
People are going to be assholes no matter what anyone says, does, or ask, so I think the best thing to do is just ignore it and not let it affect if someone decides to post or not.
I just share whenever I feel like, I am doing it as like a contribution tax as a constant lurker. I am not here to fulfill anyone's interest and actually yeah, I think I have the right to expect a friendly response.

If you want to point out I feel "wrong", that's fine, I will keep that in mind and not post from now on.

I get no profit from sharing. If a friendly community ain't there, what would be the reason for me to share anything?

Will hold information for my own leisure like I always do.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I just share whenever I feel like, I am doing it as like a contribution tax as a constant lurker. I am not here to fulfill anyone's interest and actually yeah, I think I have the right to expect a friendly response.

If you want to point out I feel "wrong", that's fine, I will keep that in mind and not post from now on.

I get no profit from sharing. If a friendly community ain't there, what would be the reason for me to share anything?

Will hold information for my own leisure like I always do.

I am sorry for that, aesopn
But anyways, it was a great share. Keep up the good work!

KeiBree

Master of this Domain
I understand the frustration. One of the reasons I don't post my work much. A lot of the times, the responses are telling me what they wished I did, or what I should do rather then commenting on what I did. And I've heard similar from others... :(

I don't think Tsukachan means any ill will, but it can be frustrating when you make a post and immediately someone replies "Wish it was something else!". But like I said, it's not because of any ill will, he just likes what he likes and I think didn't realize it can bother some people.

Dan Druff

Club Regular

This zako appear throughout the whole level, dress in pink see through tops + white bra/bikini and hot pants.

View attachment 134364

Some beat 'em ups will have all these big dudes to pummel, but the only female enemies they recruit are tiny. I appreciate that she does not look out of place because she's just as tall and built like the playable characters. Even after a year, the combat in this game still feels slippery where the attacks apppear to pass through everyone. The player is exploiting the slipperiness of combat by using the jumping kick which hits twice. I think the player has infinite health in the alpha because the player still gets up after 2:52. I also don't know if we were supposed to see anything past 4:46 because the player restarts the game at that point. There's supposed to be a demo next month according to the person who uploaded the video.

Last edited:

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster

View attachment 134364

I like everything about her, from her hair to her build to her outfit. Great zako. Please continue posting.
I do hope she has more animations than the ones we saw in the video. That's one thing that bothers me about most zako in 2d beat-em-ups:
no matter what techniques the heroes use on them, they always react with the one same animation.
I'm always excited when I see zako with multiple hurt / defeat animations (one for being knocked backwards, another for slamming into and sliding down a wall, another for falling flat on her face, and so on).

Anyway, here's another Sifu post:
According to the "good ending", the hero of Sifu spares the boss enemies after defeating them. There's no official word, however, on how much mercy he shows to the "small fry" zako enemies.
The boss of the club stage is Sean. With Sean defeated but alive, what else is there to do except continue running the club? With their fight resolved and the club in disarray, Sean and anyone else still standing have a lot of work to do to get the club ready for the evening crowd.

The first zako the hero encounters in the club is this "Soozie": a punky blonde zako wearing cutoff shorts, hose, ankle boots, shades, glow bracelets, and a club t-shirt. She stands there talking with a male zako.

Sifu Soozie Zako 01.png Sifu Soozie Zako 02.png

She's also weak, unskilled, taken completely by surprise, and presents basically no threat to the hero. She is usually the first one in the room the hero attacks, with no chance to fight back. On top of that, the hero typically has a bat weapon at this point, so the takedowns performed against her are even more brutal than normal.
The first hit knocks her shades off. It's interesting to see her facial expression change from angry to scared as the hero performs a finishing takedown on her.
Sifu Club Zako 04.jpg Sifu Club Zako 05.jpg
In one playthrough, my hero bat-smashed Soozie so hard through the tables behind her that her head actually got stuck in one.

Soozie is joined in the room by a nose-ring zako and a hot mini-boss zako. For now, I'm calling her 'Miss Hellkat.' She is quite tough.
The "Red-Soozie" zako is also nearby, chatting peacefully with another zako. She gets up and looks fierce when the hero appears, but she is not nearly as tough as she tries to appear.
Sifu Club Nose Ring Zako 01.png Sifu Club Mini-Boss Zako 01.png Sifu Red Soozie Zako 01.png Sifu Red Soozie Zako 02.png

Here we pick up the story after Sean is defeated and spared.

Hireling 1: "Boss? You ok?"
Sean: "Ugh . . . he could have killed me, but he stopped at the last moment. Broken ribs, busted nose, bruises everywhere . . . but I'll survive."
Hireling 2: "I don't know if we can say the same for everyone else here. He wrecked the whole club, and took out anyone who got in his way."
Sean: "Shit! We'll have lines of people waiting at the door in less than an hour. Help me clean this place up."

Under Sean's command, the hirelings begin dragging limp bodies behind locked doors, sweeping up broken glass, and setting things back in order. There are defeated zako lying around everywhere, like these two glimpsed from the second floor balcony:
Sifu Club Zako Defeated Stairs 01.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated Stairs 02.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated Stairs 03.png
Hireling 1: "Damn! I can't believe he took out Ms. Hellkat. She's tough as nails. We should check to see if she's got a pulse."
Hireling 2: "Yeah. What about that other one down there?"
Hireling 1: "What? At the foot of the stairs? Forget her. She's a nobody; a first-timer."

As they move to the main floor, they find this lying at the foot of a tall staircase:
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 01.png Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 02.png Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 03.png
Hireling 1: "He must have sent her tumbling down all the way from the top."
Hireling 2: "Cracked neck? Fractured skull?"
Hireling 1: "Who cares? All I know is, she's not going to be helping us move her worthless hide out of here."

Just before entering the main room, they come across these two:
Sifu Club Zako Defeated 01.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated 02.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated 03.png
Hireling 1: "Did these losers really have to smash through the tables on their way down?"
Hireling 2: "Well, I doubt they meant to . . . but it is quite a mess."
Hireling 1: "Damn! We're not going to have time to move them all and clean everything up."

Finally arriving in the main room, they see more of a mess, including this:
Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 00.png Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 01.png
Hireling 1: "Hah! Look at this one. He smashed her head all the way through the table."
Hireling 2: "That must have been painful."
Hireling 1: "Painful for us to clean up. Grab her arms. I'm going to try to kick her head free."

After several hard kicks, they manage to dislodge her from the smashed table. Hireling 2 releases her arms, and she collapses limply back to the floor amidst the scattered debris.
Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 02.png
Hireling 2: "Should we check to see if she's breathing?"
Hireling 1: "Nah. She's not important, and our job is to make this place look presentable. Help me drag her out of here."

One grabs her by the hair and an arm, the other by the belt, and together they lift her and start to carry her like a ragdoll.
Her limbs dangle loosely.
Sean appears and stops them.

Sean: "Leave her! I have an idea."

They drop her. She flops face first on the wood floor.
Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 03.png Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 04.png Sifu Soozie Zako Defeat 05.png

Hireling 1: "What is it, boss?"
Sean: "We can't hide that there was a fight here, but we can at least make it look better for us."
Hireling 2: "How's that, boss?"
Sean: "We tell everyone that these losers picked a fight with us and this is the result. Everyone knows we're as much a fight club as a dance club, so after we took care of these idiots we just left them lying around. Our clientele will love it, and it will add some spice to the evening. You push her back in the corner there, and you get some paper and markers."
Hireling 2: "Markers, boss?"
Sean: "Just do it. And write what I tell you."

The hirelings exchange glances, but do as they're told. The limp blonde is rag dolled back atop the broken table pieces, and the paper is taped near her with the message:
'This idiot tried to fight us. Broke tables when she fell. Now she's a footrest.'
Sifu Soozie Defeat 05.png Sifu Soozie Defeat 06.png

That done, Sean looks back.
Sean: "Check on Miss Hellkat. Is she alive?"
Sifu Club Zako Defeated Stairs 04.png
Hireling 2: "Yeah boss. Barely."
Sean: "Get her somewhere comfortable. We'll take her to the hospital in the morning. As for the others on this floor . . . just write something similar and tape it next to them. Let everyone know they are welcome to step all over these loser idiots who dared to fight us. Or, since so much furniture is smashed, they can use them as footrests or chairs or tables or whatever."

The main doors open, and the evening crowd streams in.

At first, there are murmurs of discontent at the sight of smashed tables and limp bodies strewn about.
But as Sean's story circulates, along with copious amounts of alcohol, the crowd seems to relax. With so many tables and chairs broken, quite a few among the crowd take the suggestion to make use of the limp losers.

Club-goer 1: "Can't believe these idiots picked a fight with Sean."
Club-goer 2: "Oh well. The club needed some new decor."
Sifu Club Zako Defeated 04.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated 05.png Sifu Club Zako Defeated 06.png

Club-goer 3: "God! It's annoying having to step around this loser every time I go on or off the dance floor.
Club-goer 4: "Just use her as a step. That's what they told us to do!"
Sifu Club Zako Defeated Stairs 09.png

Club-goer 5: "Ahhh. This is relaxing, and she actually makes a good footrest. Very cushiony. Will she be here tomorrow as well?"
Hireling 1: "Doubt it. Tomorrow, the janitors will come through with their big push brooms. Probably sweep her out with the rest of the debris."
Club-goer 5: "Oh well. No big loss."
Sifu Soozie Defeat 04.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.