Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

ckuriyama

Swell Supporter
also some good news. Modders have now found a way to change the male grunting/hurt sounds to the correct female ones!

This is a time consuming and expensive endeavor for me to commission them however which will cost hundreds of dollars so I'll have to save up for that first!

luciasmalfoy9999

Potential Patron
View attachment 134593View attachment 134594

I'm in love with her! :oops: too bad she's so damn disposable and probably
I like everything about her, from her hair to her build to her outfit. Great zako. Please continue posting.
I do hope she has more animations than the ones we saw in the video. That's one thing that bothers me about most zako in 2d beat-em-ups:
no matter what techniques the heroes use on them, they always react with the one same animation.
I'm always excited when I see zako with multiple hurt / defeat animations (one for being knocked backwards, another for slamming into and sliding down a wall, another for falling flat on her face, and so on).

Anyway, here's another Sifu post:
According to the "good ending", the hero of Sifu spares the boss enemies after defeating them. There's no official word, however, on how much mercy he shows to the "small fry" zako enemies.
The boss of the club stage is Sean. With Sean defeated but alive, what else is there to do except continue running the club? With their fight resolved and the club in disarray, Sean and anyone else still standing have a lot of work to do to get the club ready for the evening crowd.

The first zako the hero encounters in the club is this "Soozie": a punky blonde zako wearing cutoff shorts, hose, ankle boots, shades, glow bracelets, and a club t-shirt. She stands there talking with a male zako.

View attachment 134527View attachment 134528

She's also weak, unskilled, taken completely by surprise, and presents basically no threat to the hero. She is usually the first one in the room the hero attacks, with no chance to fight back. On top of that, the hero typically has a bat weapon at this point, so the takedowns performed against her are even more brutal than normal.
The first hit knocks her shades off. It's interesting to see her facial expression change from angry to scared as the hero performs a finishing takedown on her.
View attachment 134529View attachment 134530
In one playthrough, my hero bat-smashed Soozie so hard through the tables behind her that her head actually got stuck in one.

Soozie is joined in the room by a nose-ring zako and a hot mini-boss zako. For now, I'm calling her 'Miss Hellkat.' She is quite tough.
The "Red-Soozie" zako is also nearby, chatting peacefully with another zako. She gets up and looks fierce when the hero appears, but she is not nearly as tough as she tries to appear.
View attachment 134531View attachment 134532View attachment 134559View attachment 134558

Here we pick up the story after Sean is defeated and spared.

Hireling 1: "Boss? You ok?"
Sean: "Ugh . . . he could have killed me, but he stopped at the last moment. Broken ribs, busted nose, bruises everywhere . . . but I'll survive."
Hireling 2: "I don't know if we can say the same for everyone else here. He wrecked the whole club, and took out anyone who got in his way."
Sean: "Shit! We'll have lines of people waiting at the door in less than an hour. Help me clean this place up."

Under Sean's command, the hirelings begin dragging limp bodies behind locked doors, sweeping up broken glass, and setting things back in order. There are defeated zako lying around everywhere, like these two glimpsed from the second floor balcony:
View attachment 134536View attachment 134537View attachment 134538
Hireling 1: "Damn! I can't believe he took out Ms. Hellkat. She's tough as nails. We should check to see if she's got a pulse."
Hireling 2: "Yeah. What about that other one down there?"
Hireling 1: "What? At the foot of the stairs? Forget her. She's a nobody; a first-timer."

As they move to the main floor, they find this lying at the foot of a tall staircase:
View attachment 134539View attachment 134541View attachment 134540
Hireling 1: "He must have sent her tumbling down all the way from the top."
Hireling 2: "Cracked neck? Fractured skull?"
Hireling 1: "Who cares? All I know is, she's not going to be helping us move her worthless hide out of here."

Just before entering the main room, they come across these two:
View attachment 134542View attachment 134544View attachment 134543
Hireling 1: "Did these losers really have to smash through the tables on their way down?"
Hireling 2: "Well, I doubt they meant to . . . but it is quite a mess."
Hireling 1: "Damn! We're not going to have time to move them all and clean everything up."

Finally arriving in the main room, they see more of a mess, including this:
View attachment 134545View attachment 134546
Hireling 1: "Hah! Look at this one. He smashed her head all the way through the table."
Hireling 2: "That must have been painful."
Hireling 1: "Painful for us to clean up. Grab her arms. I'm going to try to kick her head free."

After several hard kicks, they manage to dislodge her from the smashed table. Hireling 2 releases her arms, and she collapses limply back to the floor amidst the scattered debris.
View attachment 134547
Hireling 2: "Should we check to see if she's breathing?"
Hireling 1: "Nah. She's not important, and our job is to make this place look presentable. Help me drag her out of here."

One grabs her by the hair and an arm, the other by the belt, and together they lift her and start to carry her like a ragdoll.
Her limbs dangle loosely.
Sean appears and stops them.

Sean: "Leave her! I have an idea."

They drop her. She flops face first on the wood floor.
View attachment 134549View attachment 134550View attachment 134548

Hireling 1: "What is it, boss?"
Sean: "We can't hide that there was a fight here, but we can at least make it look better for us."
Hireling 2: "How's that, boss?"
Sean: "We tell everyone that these losers picked a fight with us and this is the result. Everyone knows we're as much a fight club as a dance club, so after we took care of these idiots we just left them lying around. Our clientele will love it, and it will add some spice to the evening. You push her back in the corner there, and you get some paper and markers."
Hireling 2: "Markers, boss?"
Sean: "Just do it. And write what I tell you."

The hirelings exchange glances, but do as they're told. The limp blonde is rag dolled back atop the broken table pieces, and the paper is taped near her with the message:
'This idiot tried to fight us. Broke tables when she fell. Now she's a footrest.'
View attachment 134552View attachment 134551

That done, Sean looks back.
Sean: "Check on Miss Hellkat. Is she alive?"
View attachment 134553
Hireling 2: "Yeah boss. Barely."
Sean: "Get her somewhere comfortable. We'll take her to the hospital in the morning. As for the others on this floor . . . just write something similar and tape it next to them. Let everyone know they are welcome to step all over these loser idiots who dared to fight us. Or, since so much furniture is smashed, they can use them as footrests or chairs or tables or whatever."

The main doors open, and the evening crowd streams in.

At first, there are murmurs of discontent at the sight of smashed tables and limp bodies strewn about.
But as Sean's story circulates, along with copious amounts of alcohol, the crowd seems to relax. With so many tables and chairs broken, quite a few among the crowd take the suggestion to make use of the limp losers.

Club-goer 1: "Can't believe these idiots picked a fight with Sean."
Club-goer 2: "Oh well. The club needed some new decor."
View attachment 134560View attachment 134555View attachment 134554

Club-goer 3: "God! It's annoying having to step around this loser every time I go on or off the dance floor.
Club-goer 4: "Just use her as a step. That's what they told us to do!"
View attachment 134556

Club-goer 5: "Ahhh. This is relaxing, and she actually makes a good footrest. Very cushiony. Will she be here tomorrow as well?"
Hireling 1: "Doubt it. Tomorrow, the janitors will come through with their big push brooms. Probably sweep her out with the rest of the debris."
Club-goer 5: "Oh well. No big loss."
View attachment 134557
Excellent work as always! I can’t wait for more if you decide to continue with this kind of stuff.

IronE

Club Regular
New 90s Themed Brawler Final Vendetta First Look

Plenty of Vixens/Ivys/Ravens. Looking forwards to see Karens in action.

I really like the special animations they have when entering the map. Not just walking in from offscreen, but coming out of an doorway, standing up from a seat on the subway, and leaning against a wall. Adds so much character to each of them!

Edit: Promotional poster for the game:
final-vendetta-poster.jpg

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Yeah I'm convinced she's supposed to have a bigger booty in her default stance. Perhaps it will be... moddable

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
More female enemy stuff from the Final Vendetta livestream. When they showed the training mode, they literally showed every boss and enemies from the game, and I was surprised.

Now that I've covered the boxer girls (Liu/Karen/Ofelia/Tara), now to cover the thug/whip girls:

Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 37.jpg Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 38.jpg Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 37(1).jpg Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 38(1).jpg

Twin capoeira fighters that reminds me of Christie from Tekken. I think they're the bosses of the Tyger Club stage (where the boxer girls are found), might be fought in tandem like Onihime and Yasha in SoR. They look pretty muscular like the boxer girls:
Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 43.jpg Final Vendetta Developer Livestream - DF Retro Live! - YouTube - 84 43(1).jpg

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
View attachment 134593View attachment 134594

I'm in love with her! :oops: too bad she's so damn disposable and probably dead :wat:
Henchgirl 29, I like her too!
She is definitely disposable, like all of the lesser enemies in the game, but it's not certain she's dead.
Perhaps she can pull through if anyone bothers to get her some medical attention.
But . . . who's going to bother with that for a mere zako?
Sifu Red Soozie Zako 00.png
This 'glamour' portrait of her comes from a mod that allows you to play as many of the female zako rather than the default hero.

Among the many zako featured in the mod: the first zako our hero encounters:
Sifu Squats First Zako 00.png

My favorite "Soozie" zako, who the creator said he got a lot of requests for:
Sifu Soozie Zako 00.png

And this zako, who our cleanup crew will be dealing with today:
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako 00.png
The mod can be found here: Sifu Swaps Mod

This zako has bluish purple hair and a nose ring. Encountered on the first level, she tries to strike a tough-looking pose:
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako 01.png Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako 02.png

However, our hero barely notices she was ever there. He disposes of her in no time, forgets her just as quickly, and moves on:
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako.gif

Late-arrival guy, fresh off of cleaning up one mess of defeated zako already, comes through this area and finds this:
How did she end up there? Perhaps someone else already came through and tossed her on the mat, or perhaps she managed to drag herself there before losing consciousness. Regardless, late-arrival guy is not happy to see here there.

Late-arrival guy: "Hey! You can't lay there! That's not your mat. And why are you in such a weird position . . ."
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 01.png

"Oh . . . looks like you had a tussle with whoever came through here earlier. Just great: another limp loser to deal with."
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 02.png

"First things first: get off the mat, loser."
He yanks her up by the belt and tosses her off the mat. She lands in a crumpled heap. He grabs her feet and straightens her out. Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 03.png Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 04.png Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 05.png

"Now let's have a look at you. Hmm . . . piercings all over, a big bruise on your head, a funny crink in your neck, and a blank stare. Well, I don't think you're gettin' up any time soon. If ever. I suppose I could ask Doc to check you out, but . . . nah. Not worth the time, and he might charge something."
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 06.png Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 07.png

He half carries, half drags her to the living room and dumps her on the floor. He looks around and thinks out loud.
"With that other one, we just dropped her in the trash outside, but now those cans are full."
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 08.png Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 09.png

His eyes wander to the kitchen, where many bags of trash lay piled in a corner. He sighs.
"When are those dumbasses going to start clearing these bags out? Ah well. I guess she can go in the heap for now."
He drags her over to the pile of trash bags, then drops her to flop facedown. Her lips and face mush against the grime of the slimy floor.
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 11.png

"Yep. This'll have to do."
With a grunt, he heaves her headfirst into the pile. Her head and torso completely disappear in the pile. Only her legs protrude.
Sifu Squats Nose Ring Zako Defeated 12.png
"I guess they'll either toss her when they toss the rest of these bags, or just keep piling them on top of her. And hey . . . weren't we talking about starting a compost garden anyway? Hmm . . . well, she's out of the way now. Time to go relax."

So that's another Sifu zako out of the way. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I like to be a bit ambiguous as to the fate of the zako. Are they dead? Knocked out? Does anyone around them care either way?

I'll keep posting regardless, but a big thanks to Tigey, Tsukachan, luciasmalfoy9999, and everyone else who has responded in some way. The likes and replies really do motivate me to keep working on this stuff.

And for Henchgirl29, here's some bonus content of your favorite zako. She starts off seated with a female companion who I've just been calling "Blue Punk" because she has blue, punk-style hair. I'm not sure what their relationship is, and of course the hero doesn't care at all. Sifu Blue Punk Zako 01.png Sifu Blue Punk Zako 02.png Sifu Blue Punk Zako 03.png

A moment after their encounter with the hero, they end up something like this:
Sifu Blue Punk Zako Defeated 01.png Sifu Blue Punk Zako Defeated 03.png Sifu Blue Punk Zako Defeated 04.png

As for the redhead zako, here's what I've noticed in playing the game myself and watching other people do playthroughs: she is, unfortunately for her, perfectly positioned to be destroyed by the hero the moment he runs in to her.

Sifu Zako Gif Red Soozie 01.gif Sifu Zako Gif Red Soozie 04.gif

The expression of pain on her face quickly gives way to a blank, glassy-eyed stare:
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 10.png Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 07.png

The hero can hit her with a vicious knee while she is stunned and helpless, and she flops back limply onto the same couch she was sitting on a moment earlier:

Sifu Zako Gif Red Soozie 03.gif

Later on, clubgoers might find her still laying on that same couch:
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 12.png

Of course, if they want to use the couch for themselves, they can just roll her off of it, and she'll spend the rest of the night on the floor:
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 13.png Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 14.png

The hero might forget about her as long as she is down, even if she is still moving a bit:
Sifu Zako Gif Red Soozie 05.gif

But if she's moving too much, the hero will put a savage stop to that:
Sifu Zako Gif Red Soozie 02.gif

After that forced faceplant, she's left in a splatter of her own blood amidst all the debris.
Do you think anyone will stop to help her or even check on her?
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 11.png

Maybe some of the later clubgoers will try to lift her back up to the couch, only to laugh as she keeps sliding back down to the floor:
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 15.png

Once they get tired of that, they'll let her flop to the floor where she'll remain until the next day's cleaning crew comes through.
Will they take pity on her and try to help her, or at least check if she's still breathing? Or just toss her outside with the rest of the broken stuff?
Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 08.png Sifu Red Soozie Defeat 09.png

Attachments

• Sifu Blue Punk Zako Defeated 02.png
    Sifu Blue Punk Zako Defeated 02.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Henchgirl 29

Club Regular
Henchgirl 29, I like her too!
She is definitely disposable, like all of the lesser enemies in the game, but it's not certain she's dead.
Perhaps she can pull through if anyone bothers to get her some medical attention.
But . . . who's going to bother with that for a mere zako?
View attachment 135352
This 'glamour' portrait of her comes from a mod that allows you to play as many of the female zako rather than the default hero.

Among the many zako featured in the mod: the first zako our hero encounters:
View attachment 135353

My favorite "Soozie" zako, who the creator said he got a lot of requests for:
View attachment 135354

And this zako, who our cleanup crew will be dealing with today:
View attachment 135355
The mod can be found here: Sifu Swaps Mod

This zako has bluish purple hair and a nose ring. Encountered on the first level, she tries to strike a tough-looking pose:
View attachment 135356View attachment 135357

However, our hero barely notices she was ever there. He disposes of her in no time, forgets her just as quickly, and moves on:
View attachment 135358

Late-arrival guy, fresh off of cleaning up one mess of defeated zako already, comes through this area and finds this:
How did she end up there? Perhaps someone else already came through and tossed her on the mat, or perhaps she managed to drag herself there before losing consciousness. Regardless, late-arrival guy is not happy to see here there.

Late-arrival guy: "Hey! You can't lay there! That's not your mat. And why are you in such a weird position . . ."
View attachment 135359

"Oh . . . looks like you had a tussle with whoever came through here earlier. Just great: another limp loser to deal with."
View attachment 135360

"First things first: get off the mat, loser."
He yanks her up by the belt and tosses her off the mat. She lands in a crumpled heap. He grabs her feet and straightens her out.View attachment 135362View attachment 135363View attachment 135361

"Now let's have a look at you. Hmm . . . piercings all over, a big bruise on your head, a funny crink in your neck, and a blank stare. Well, I don't think you're gettin' up any time soon. If ever. I suppose I could ask Doc to check you out, but . . . nah. Not worth the time, and he might charge something."
View attachment 135364View attachment 135365

He half carries, half drags her to the living room and dumps her on the floor. He looks around and thinks out loud.
"With that other one, we just dropped her in the trash outside, but now those cans are full."
View attachment 135366View attachment 135367

His eyes wander to the kitchen, where many bags of trash lay piled in a corner. He sighs.
"When are those dumbasses going to start clearing these bags out? Ah well. I guess she can go in the heap for now."
He drags her over to the pile of trash bags, then drops her to flop facedown. Her lips and face mush against the grime of the slimy floor.
View attachment 135369

"Yep. This'll have to do."
With a grunt, he heaves her headfirst into the pile. Her head and torso completely disappear in the pile. Only her legs protrude.
View attachment 135370
"I guess they'll either toss her when they toss the rest of these bags, or just keep piling them on top of her. And hey . . . weren't we talking about starting a compost garden anyway? Hmm . . . well, she's out of the way now. Time to go relax."

So that's another Sifu zako out of the way. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I like to be a bit ambiguous as to the fate of the zako. Are they dead? Knocked out? Does anyone around them care either way?

I'll keep posting regardless, but a big thanks to Tigey, Tsukachan, luciasmalfoy9999, and everyone else who has responded in some way. The likes and replies really do motivate me to keep working on this stuff.

And for Henchgirl29, here's some bonus content of your favorite zako. She starts off seated with a female companion who I've just been calling "Blue Punk" because she has blue, punk-style hair. I'm not sure what their relationship is, and of course the hero doesn't care at all.View attachment 135371View attachment 135372View attachment 135373

A moment after their encounter with the hero, they end up something like this:
View attachment 135377View attachment 135375View attachment 135376

As for the redhead zako, here's what I've noticed in playing the game myself and watching other people do playthroughs: she is, unfortunately for her, perfectly positioned to be destroyed by the hero the moment he runs in to her.

View attachment 135379View attachment 135381

The expression of pain on her face quickly gives way to a blank, glassy-eyed stare:
View attachment 135392View attachment 135378

The hero can hit her with a vicious knee while she is stunned and helpless, and she flops back limply onto the same couch she was sitting on a moment earlier:

View attachment 135380

Later on, clubgoers might find her still laying on that same couch:
View attachment 135382

Of course, if they want to use the couch for themselves, they can just roll her off of it, and she'll spend the rest of the night on the floor:
View attachment 135384View attachment 135383

The hero might forget about her as long as she is down, even if she is still moving a bit:
View attachment 135385

But if she's moving too much, the hero will put a savage stop to that:
View attachment 135388

After that forced faceplant, she's left in a splatter of her own blood amidst all the debris.
Do you think anyone will stop to help her or even check on her?
View attachment 135389

Maybe some of the later clubgoers will try to lift her back up to the couch, only to laugh as she keeps sliding back down to the floor:
View attachment 135390

Once they get tired of that, they'll let her flop to the floor where she'll remain until the next day's cleaning crew comes through.
Will they take pity on her and try to help her, or at least check if she's still breathing? Or just toss her outside with the rest of the broken stuff?
View attachment 135391View attachment 135393
Gosh!!! thanks for including more of my favorite girl :oops: love the scenarios you set up with her and the other girl as well, great writing, really drives home how worthless they are, even if they would have been completely fine, they probably end up suffocating in trash or dying from lack of medical attention, not that anyone would even bother to check! Poor things :wat:

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
A deadly encounter with mighty Karen. Lovely attack sounds. Too bad we don't get to witness her demise:

FINAL VENDETTA GAMEPLAY PS4​

Beating Liu and her recolors ain't gonna be easy. She loves blocking and her uppercuts and jabs are fucking glass cannons!!
She's basically like Raven from Streets of Rage 4 and Hornet from The Takeover, being the obligatory boxer/kickboxer/Muay Thai enemy except they're female and more like normal boxers

lookit

Swell Supporter
More female enemy stuff from the Final Vendetta livestream. When they showed the training mode, they literally showed every boss and enemies from the game, and I was surprised.

Now that I've covered the boxer girls (Liu/Karen/Ofelia/Tara), now to cover the thug/whip girls:

View attachment 135322View attachment 135324View attachment 135323View attachment 135325

Twin capoeira fighters that reminds me of Christie from Tekken. I think they're the bosses of the Tyger Club stage (where the boxer girls are found), might be fought in tandem like Onihime and Yasha in SoR. They look pretty muscular like the boxer girls:
View attachment 135326View attachment 135327
I hope there are female enemies who are good at kicking

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.