Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

Henchgirl 29

Club Regular
Crisis Beat PlayStation Co-op 2 player

Really good short haired zakos! :D any idea if there is art of them?

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.24.01 PM.png

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Sifu is a gold mine of zako content even without any mods. It's always interesting to find such content in a source that is not at all connected to our interests. The zako are incidental, yet no less appealing for that. In fact, I often find incidental zako more appealing.

I have yet to purchase the game, but gameplay videos show there are many female enemies. Some of these female enemies are quite tough and competent, but many more of them are weak, outclassed, vulnerable, and completely at the mercy of the badass hero. Regardless, they are all eliminated with the same brutal efficiency.

The hero / heroine can choose to be somewhat merciful by just knocking them out, but there are also a number of weapons and environmental hazards the hero may use at every opportunity. Some of these weapons, like swords, are more obviously lethal than others, but even the "less lethal" weapons are potentially deadly. For example, many videos show the hero swinging a lead pipe against a zako's head, thus smashing her head between the pipe and a nearby wall. That might be survivable, but I would not put money on it. Even when the hero uses only hands and feet, it is often ambiguous whether the hero is using lethal techniques or merely knocking a zako unconscious.

Once defeated in such a fashion, the zako go limp as a dishrag. We see them sliding slowly down against walls, or slumping atop scattered debris and other defeated zako, or flying through the air to land in a crumpled heap upon the ground. Even more interesting, the defeated zako remain there permanently, and they can still be interacted with to a certain extent. For example, both the hero and the other enemies often trample upon the defeated zako lying upon the ground. I've seen videos where a defeated, floppy-necked zako gets her head kicked from one side to another as the fight continues atop her flaccid body. Other videos show beaten enemies collapsing onto a defeated zako and pushing her limp body into a different position.

Finally, the zako themselves are quite appealing, at least to me. They are not 'stripper' zako. They do not wear bikinis, and they don't have exaggerated physical dimensions. Instead, they are slim and trim, and they wear exactly the sort of clothing one might expect for the areas in which they are found.

For example: many of the zako in the 'squat houses' of the first level are wearing short shorts and crop tops. In the night club on the second level, many of the zako are either wearing tight shorts over leggings, or form-fitting pants and tops. There are zako wearing baggy clothing as well, but even they retain a feminine appearance.

Anyway, here are some visuals of what I've been yapping about.

This first video shows the "hallway fight" multiple times, each time with a different modded hero. I'm time stamping this at 6:55 because that's my favorite of these fights, but there are many versions of this fight available. This fight includes four female zako. Two of them are wearing baggy trousers, and two of them are wearing short athletic shorts that showcase their lovely legs. This fight also shows how the zako fall prey to weapons and walls, and how they get moved around even after they are defeated and limp. One of the shorts zako even ends with her rear sticking up and facing the camera while the fight goes on around and on top of her!
Sifu Zako Hallway 01.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 01.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 03.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 04.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 05.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 06.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 00.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 01.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 02.jpg

The second video shows the same fight, but also includes the rest of the level, including many more zakos! I've time stamped the video at 25:03, which is just before the first zako shows up. The hallway fight happens soon after. There are a good number of zako after the hallway fight, though none of the later encounters are quite as appealing as that one.
Sifu Shorts Zako 07.jpg Sifu Zako Hallway 02.jpg Sifu Zako Hallway 03.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 03.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 04.jpg Sifu Shorts Zako 08.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 05.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 06.jpg Sifu Zako 01.jpg Sifu Zako Defeated 07.jpg

In my next post I'll take a look at the second level, "The Club". That level features what may end up being my favorite zako in the game.
She reminds me somewhat of Soozie / Garnet from the Streets of Rage series: a blonde party girl wearing shorts over leggings.
And she is completely unprepared for the destruction that's about to hit her.

In the gameplay videos I've watched, the hero tends to target her first and to attack with a bat. The first blow often sends her party shades flying. The final blow leaves her either collapsed amidst the pieces of a destroyed table or partially buried beneath those pieces.

Sifu Club Zako 01.jpg Sifu Club Zako 02.jpg Sifu Club Zako Defeated 01.jpg Sifu Club Zako Defeated 02.jpg

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on Sifu and its zako content?

Attachments

• Sifu Shorts Zako 02.jpg
    Sifu Shorts Zako 02.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 220

ran

Club Regular
Sifu is a gold mine of zako content even without any mods. It's always interesting to find such content in a source that is not at all connected to our interests. The zako are incidental, yet no less appealing for that. In fact, I often find incidental zako more appealing.

I have yet to purchase the game, but gameplay videos show there are many female enemies. Some of these female enemies are quite tough and competent, but many more of them are weak, outclassed, vulnerable, and completely at the mercy of the badass hero. Regardless, they are all eliminated with the same brutal efficiency.

The hero / heroine can choose to be somewhat merciful by just knocking them out, but there are also a number of weapons and environmental hazards the hero may use at every opportunity. Some of these weapons, like swords, are more obviously lethal than others, but even the "less lethal" weapons are potentially deadly. For example, many videos show the hero swinging a lead pipe against a zako's head, thus smashing her head between the pipe and a nearby wall. That might be survivable, but I would not put money on it. Even when the hero uses only hands and feet, it is often ambiguous whether the hero is using lethal techniques or merely knocking a zako unconscious.

Once defeated in such a fashion, the zako go limp as a dishrag. We see them sliding slowly down against walls, or slumping atop scattered debris and other defeated zako, or flying through the air to land in a crumpled heap upon the ground. Even more interesting, the defeated zako remain there permanently, and they can still be interacted with to a certain extent. For example, both the hero and the other enemies often trample upon the defeated zako lying upon the ground. I've seen videos where a defeated, floppy-necked zako gets her head kicked from one side to another as the fight continues atop her flaccid body. Other videos show beaten enemies collapsing onto a defeated zako and pushing her limp body into a different position.

Finally, the zako themselves are quite appealing, at least to me. They are not 'stripper' zako. They do not wear bikinis, and they don't have exaggerated physical dimensions. Instead, they are slim and trim, and they wear exactly the sort of clothing one might expect for the areas in which they are found.

For example: many of the zako in the 'squat houses' of the first level are wearing short shorts and crop tops. In the night club on the second level, many of the zako are either wearing tight shorts over leggings, or form-fitting pants and tops. There are zako wearing baggy clothing as well, but even they retain a feminine appearance.

Anyway, here are some visuals of what I've been yapping about.

This first video shows the "hallway fight" multiple times, each time with a different modded hero. I'm time stamping this at 6:55 because that's my favorite of these fights, but there are many versions of this fight available. This fight includes four female zako. Two of them are wearing baggy trousers, and two of them are wearing short athletic shorts that showcase their lovely legs. This fight also shows how the zako fall prey to weapons and walls, and how they get moved around even after they are defeated and limp. One of the shorts zako even ends with her rear sticking up and facing the camera while the fight goes on around and on top of her!
View attachment 132911View attachment 132904View attachment 132906View attachment 132907View attachment 132908View attachment 132909View attachment 132903View attachment 132901View attachment 132902

The second video shows the same fight, but also includes the rest of the level, including many more zakos! I've time stamped the video at 25:03, which is just before the first zako shows up. The hallway fight happens soon after. There are a good number of zako after the hallway fight, though none of the later encounters are quite as appealing as that one.
View attachment 132910View attachment 132912View attachment 132913View attachment 132914View attachment 132915View attachment 132916View attachment 132918View attachment 132917View attachment 132919View attachment 132920

In my next post I'll take a look at the second level, "The Club". That level features what may end up being my favorite zako in the game.
She reminds me somewhat of Soozie / Garnet from the Streets of Rage series: a blonde party girl wearing shorts over leggings.
And she is completely unprepared for the destruction that's about to hit her.

In the gameplay videos I've watched, the hero tends to target her first and to attack with a bat. The first blow often sends her party shades flying. The final blow leaves her either collapsed amidst the pieces of a destroyed table or partially buried beneath those pieces.

View attachment 132921View attachment 132922View attachment 132923View attachment 132924

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on Sifu and its zako content?

For my thoughts and opinions of Sifu female zakos:

The good thing is all female zakos are brave to fight to death, they are mentally prepared for this. They are also trained to fight, just you said, not stripper.

Still, I think there are is space for improvement:
-Identification. Some female zakos' positions are clear, like gangsters in first chapeter, partly martial artists in Chapter 2-5 and securities in Chapter 4. However, other zakos do not seem to be combtive personnels. Like some of them in Chapter 2 just seem to be party girls and club staff, most of them in Chapter 3 just seem to be artists, some of them in Chapter 4 are office ladies, some of them in Chapter 5 are just waitresses. Yes, they have to the ability to fight, but they do not seem to be enemies since the story does not mention who they actually are, especailly the hero/heroine can skip many such fights, which means some female zakos seem to be innocent and less hostile. They might just normal people doing normal jobs, they might practise martial arts as self-defence methods but appear in the wrong location in the wrong time. Beating such passive girls does not make me comfortable.

-Dressing. The female zakos' dressing fit the environment, which also makes many of them just look like civilians rather than fighters or enemies. Female zakos should have professional (ideally sexy) fighting dress, such as sporty style in Chapter 2, or dojo style like Chapter 5, or heavy protective gear, or military like uniform, or other fighter-like dressing like qipao or ninja web clothes. Sifu is a game about kungfu, martial arts, so the opponents should be more like martial artists.

-Number. The female zakos are too few for large scenes. Therefore, making body piles less possible. The raining scene is Chapter 3 is OK to concentrate a number of female zakos' bodies. However, mixing with male zakos and civilian looking make the scene less impressive.

-Story. Clearly, the female zakos are willing to die for their bosses. They are nobody in the story. Espeically the hero, may use lethal methods to kill dozens of zakos but as long as he/she spare the bosses he/she can have a better ending. I hope the zakos can at least be noticed and respected.

-Design. Personally, the simple style artwork design and modeling makes female zako less beautiful and sexy.

JoanCujoh

Master of this Domain
it's just an art style, the indie developers didn't made a game to look sexy, but too pay hommage to HK films, ofc the zako wouldn't be bikini babes
it's already a miracle that the game have zako to begin with

Last edited:

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Alright, time for Sifu zako part 2: The Club.

There are many zako in this level. My main focus is one that reminds me of Soozie / Garnet from Streets of Rage 3/ Bare Knuckle 3.
soozie.PNG Soozie Garnet Zako Streets of Rage.png
And like Soozie / Garnet, this zako is not tough at all, not prepared at all, is often the first enemy targeted, and is often taken down brutally.
Within one moment she goes from trying to act tough, to reeling in pain, to a split-second of fear, to collapsing in a limp, motionless heap. Sifu Club Zako 03.jpg Sifu Club Zako 05.jpg Sifu Club Zako 06.jpg Sifu Club Zako Defeated 05.jpg Sifu Club Zako 07.jpg Sifu Club Zako 08.jpg

Each of these videos is timestamped to show the speed, ease, and brutality with which the hero usually takes the zako down. In many of the videos, you can see the zako lying there still and limp as the action goes on around her. In some videos the zako is even trampled or fallen on!

First one: Time stamped at 0:56. Modded to play as Batman. You see the defeated zako again briefly as the hero takes out the last enemy before the mini-boss (who also has a very lovely design).

Second: Time stamped at 1:10. Modded to play as John Wick. In this one, the destroyed zako ends up with her face on top of a male zako's groin, and she gets moved around a bit as the action continues.
Sifu Club Zako Defeated 04.jpg

Third: Time stamped at 0:14. The zako tries to throw two clumsy punches. The hero deflects them easily and puts her down hard.

Fourth: Time stamped at 2:08. Just another destruction by bat. You see the defeated zako lying amidst the scattered debris for quite a while.

Fifth. Time stamped at 0:47. The Soozie zako is destroyed as usual, but the focus here is on another zako (who you may have noticed from previous videos). She wears shorts and a crop top and has a prominent nose ring.
This Nose Ring zako falls into a somewhat awkward position beneath the defeated Soozie zako.
Sifu Club Zako Nose Ring 02.jpg

I may do another part to this post soon.

Attachments

• Sifu Club Zako Defeated 03.jpg
    Sifu Club Zako Defeated 03.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Sifu Club Zako Others.jpg
    Sifu Club Zako Others.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 203

ckuriyama

Swell Supporter
Very nice! I think all it needs now is a way to change all the male enemy voices to female.
yes i might commission another mod for that in the future, right now it's too difficult as the program to change sounds only exists for the BGM (background music) not the sound effects

Last edited:

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
yes i might commission another mod for that in the future, right now it's too difficult as the program to change sounds only exists for the BGM (background music) not the sound effects
nice. please let us know (or someone else let us know) if or when it is finished. then i could finally start playing the game to it's most enjoyable potential. especially with mods that can swap out the main character, like batman or the power ranger seen in the video (lord drakkon, i think).

ckuriyama

Swell Supporter
Great! Can you please make some pantyhose girl or stocking girl? Let me know if you can do that . I can support you from PayPal or Patron
yes please contact me at discord so we can talk about it! (ckuriyama#6156) I will design the model myself and you can choose the outfit, face and hairstyle from the collection I have, but for the actual process of adding the model in the game, we'll need to ask the modder who did my commission and he has a fee from that. But for my services I can do it for free we'll only need to pay the modder.

ckuriyama

Swell Supporter
nice. please let us know (or someone else let us know) if or when it is finished. then i could finally start playing the game to it's most enjoyable potential. especially with mods that can swap out the main character, like batman or the power ranger seen in the video (lord drakkon, i think).
there are lots of mods that can swap out the main character already available at youtube and this mod will work with all of them! :)

SUBSONlC

Potential Patron
Hust a heads up, Horizon Forbidden West has many female enemies in the Rebel camps and elsewhere that, once defeated, stay on the battlefield until you leave the area. They pair well with the game's Photo Mode.

Attachments

• Horizon Forbidden West_20220227205550.png
    Horizon Forbidden West_20220227205550.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 392
  • Horizon Forbidden West_20220302164731.png
    Horizon Forbidden West_20220302164731.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 378
  • Horizon Forbidden West_20220302220131.png
    Horizon Forbidden West_20220302220131.png
    9 MB · Views: 350
  • 17f74e4e9aa66-screenshotUrl.png
    17f74e4e9aa66-screenshotUrl.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 352
  • 17f74e516247-screenshotUrl.png
    17f74e516247-screenshotUrl.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 324
  • 17f74e529cd26-screenshotUrl.png
    17f74e529cd26-screenshotUrl.png
    10 MB · Views: 290
  • 17f74e502ea96-screenshotUrl.png
    17f74e502ea96-screenshotUrl.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 281
  • 17f5840232178-screenshotUrl.png
    17f5840232178-screenshotUrl.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 348

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
there are lots of mods that can swap out the main character already available at youtube and this mod will work with all of them! :)
not surprising. best i can tell, the female enemies mod ONLY seems like it will swap out the enemy models, so there inherently will not be any conflict with player mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.