Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Very nice finds.. Wow, I can see those Sunset Overdrive ladies being cosplayed! I like them. Shame that is an Xbone exclusive!

burom

Master of this Domain
Played PAYDAY 2 for the first time in forever. Noticed these FBI ladies on Day 2 of the Hoxton Breakout. Would have taken a better screencap if I didn't have to focus on the mission. :)

218620_screenshots_2014-11-15_00002.jpg
218620_screenshots_2014-11-15_00001.jpg

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I wish I understood the sound structure of payday. If there's any VA for those it'll make things easier for Warajiya, who seems to be trying to make a model replacement while incorporating infinite bodies that are already understood.
1416331122377o.jpg

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
I wish I understood the sound structure of payday. If there's any VA for those it'll make things easier for Warajiya, who seems to be trying to make a model replacement while incorporating infinite bodies that are already understood.
View attachment 60064

Can someone explain what is going on in this pic? It looks interesting, what game is it? Are they modded characters on the floor or the games ones?

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Can someone explain what is going on in this pic? It looks interesting, what game is it? Are they modded characters on the floor or the games ones?

Sure, that's Payday 2, and someone's modded it to replace the millions of cops that game throws at you to be the model of a female civilian. He hasn't uploaded it anywhere yet, because the game keeps getting updated quickly right now which breaks his mod.

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
Sure, that's Payday 2, and someone's modded it to replace the millions of cops that game throws at you to be the model of a female civilian. He hasn't uploaded it anywhere yet, because the game keeps getting updated quickly right now which breaks his mod.

Ah ok thanks. So is that how the model looks in the game or has she been edited? Also where did you get the image from if it hasn't been released?

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
That reminds me, on the PS3 version of GTA5 online a while ago when I was playing, a mission had a tasty female gang member near the objective (drugs bust type thing) with a pistol etc. I also came across a female corrupted cop on another mission. I think one where you have to steal evidence or such. No screens unfortunately.

H

HaloDemon46

Hi, I'm new to forums in general, so forgive if I act a little noobish.

Just wanted to post a link to a video, which contained some female enemies from the game Spider-Man 2 for the PS2. There is quite a numerous amount of them, as you can see.

From the style of their clothes, they are punks, not unlike the ones in the old 80s and 90s style beat up games I'm seeing here.

Enjoy!

Some Pics IMG_2926.PNG IMG_2929.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

nagato

Club Regular
MAME Arcade Legend of silkroad some good female zakos.

14:03 Giant Lady
23:00 Dancing Girl

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Some Contributions

Hey all, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, there are a LOT of beat-em-up and action game zako that have yet to be shown on this forum. I keep discovering more, both from newer games as well as from old, 1990s games. If you thought we had run out of zako from older games, think again!
The bad news is, a hard drive crash has taken out the vast majority of zako stuff I was planning to contribute. I am hopeful that I can still recover that data, but in the meantime, I'd like to start contributing the small amount of material that I did not lose. Let's begin.

1. Title: Final Fight 2
System: Android
Zako: Purple-Haired Punkette
My Rating: 7/10
I'll start with a zako with an awesome, kick-ass design:

This zako is found in the game Final Fight 2, for the Android mobile platform. Graphics are not great, but she still nails most of my criteria. With her purple hair, boots, and sleeve things, she has an awesome punk style while still remaining feminine. She shows off her rocking body with tiny shorts and a nice top. She's also the first enemy in the game, showing up in large numbers and dropping like flies against the far superior heroes:

When defeated, she falls to her knees with a painful gasp, takes a couple agonized breaths, and then collapses flat onto her face:

If they did not disappear so quickly after defeat, by the end of the first scene the level would be littered with these pretty punkettes, all strewn about facedown and pitiful in their shorts and boots:

As for the heroes, they make it clear that they do not intend to show these punkettes any mercy. In the first scene of the game, they clearly state their intention is to "get rid of" the punkettes and "leave us a clean society."

As for how ruthless the heroes are to these zako, that depends on the player. You can choose a standard beat-em-up hero and knock the punkettes out with punches and kicks, or you can choose a hero who wields a pair of auto-pistols as well as grenades and plasma rifles, thus really "getting rid" of the hopelessly outmatched zako.
And these zako really are outmatched. Their only form of attack is to draw a knife and stab at the hero, but they are very slow to do so and spend more time walking, running, or standing around while the heroes unleash all sorts of brutal attacks on them. This limitation is the biggest drawback to this zako. On the plus side, they have a very feminine look while doing all this walking and running, despite the mediocre graphics:

They keep this feminine look even as they suffer and fall from the extremely powerful attacks of the heroes. As mentioned before, their final defeat animation is especially pitiful, as they sink to their knees (or struggle up to their knees if they've been knocked down) and take a few gasping breaths before collapsing facedown:

I rank this zako a 7/10, which is a very good but not exceptional score. She could easily be an 8 if she had some more techniques or if there were a few more interactions between her and the heroes. Although I cannot play the game myself to find out, from the videos I watched there did not seem to be any grappling techniques available, nor were there any environmental interactions such as pits or other traps. Regardless, this is a zako with a great design.
YouTube videos featuring the "purple-haired punkette" zako:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVU8uhByApc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDB6-yhr1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S0J-WIc27w

2. Title: Pirates of Dark Water
System: SNES
Zako: Lady Pirate
My Rating: 5/10

Next, let's look at a repetitive, mediocre beat-em-up game where you choose one of three sword-wielding heroes and fight a bunch of pirates to get back some magical treasures. While the game itself is boring, it does feature a zako worth mentioning.
The "pirate lady" zako shows up in the first stage, sitting on a statue tossing a knife in the air and catching it, and she remains a pretty common enemy throughout the game. She wears a bikini (is that the standard pirate lady uniform?) and comes in several different color combinations: red hair and purple outfit, blonde hair and gray outfit, black hair and green outfit, and bluish hair with a red outfit. Unfortunately, despite her promising introduction, this zako is ultimately a disappointment.
Much like the game itself, the "pirate lady" seems unfinished. She can perform a few attacks, like jumping kicks and slashing with her knives, but that's it. Even worse, the designers recycled the same "hurt" animation for every attack. She reacts the same way to a sword slash as to being grappled and kneed in the stomach or thrown through the air. In fact, she shows no reaction at all between being grappled and being kneed/headbutted, because her single "hurt" sprite is used for all of these situations. When defeated, she gives the blandest "scream" I've ever encountered.

On the plus side, she has a very feminine appearance, especially while she's sitting and waiting for the heroes or when she has been knocked into the air and is falling to the ground. Moreover, although she cannot perform many techniques on the heroes, the heroes can execute a decent number against her. One hero can grab her and knee her in the stomach several times, another can lift her in the air with one hand and headbutt her, and all the heroes can slash her with their swords or fling her through the air. Pits and cliffs are pretty common in the game, and the hapless lady pirates get thrown into them quite often, as can be seen in the second pic.
It is always interesting to me when a game allows for more and less severe methods of eliminating a zako. For instance, in this game, you can be relatively merciful and knock the lady pirates out with knees/headbutts, or you can be more ruthless and eliminate them with sword slashes or by throwing them into pits.

In the end, the lady pirate zako is pretty disappointing, despite her nice appearance and outfit. The fact that she has so few animations is inexcusable, especially for a SNES game. The designers seemed to get lazy with this one.

Youtube video showing the "lady pirate" zako: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HqnGgIolAg

3. Title: Osman
System: Arcade
Zako: Fire Demoness
My Rating: 4/10

Osman is a fast-paced action/platformer game featuring a superhuman hero capable of kicking his enemies with such speed and power that their bodies are torn apart. On the last level, an interesting female demon zako tries to stop the hero:

This zako has an interesting design. I like the "harem girl" outfit, the spunky red hair, and the relaxed, confident attitude she displays as she rides around on a bed of fire throwing fiery rings at the hero. Also interesting is her "hurt" animation, with her arms and legs flailing about, completely opposite to the relaxed confidence from before. Furthermore, the hero apparently shows no mercy to female enemies and kicks her so hard she is torn apart just like the male enemies. She disappears almost instantly after. However, as she disappears, she lets out a very pitiful scream.
I rated this zako as a 4/10, which seems very low considering my mostly positive description. This is because there is very limited interaction between this zako and the hero. She floats around throwing fire at the hero, while the hero kicks her. That's it. Moreover, because of the speed of the action and the graphical presentation it is very hard to see what is happening when these two are fighting. It took forever to get the few sprites I did manage to get, and when defeated this zako disappears as quickly as she came. Lastly, I personally do not like bloody/gory demises for zako.

Youtube video showing the "Fire Demoness" zako: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaiorm5MV-4#t=4m05s

4. Title: China gate
System: Arcade
Zako: Demoness
My Rating: 3/10

Now for what is probably the worst zako in this post, though I'm sure not everyone agrees. China Gate is a platform/beat-em up game where you choose one of three mythical characters and then beat up demon creatures over several levels. One of these demon enemies is this not-so-charming lady:

This female demon has pointy ears, wields two swords, and wears what seems to be a pink leotard. I like the change in her facial expression from confidence to dismay when she is knocked down, but that is the biggest positive I see. She cannot do much except swing her swords and jump, and the heroes can only perform their basic attack on her. There are no throws or grapples between them. She can be attacked while she is down, but her sprite does not change. She can also be knocked off the edge of the platforms.
The graphics of this game are somewhat "chibi", and this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing for zako, but in this case the game designers created a pretty bland zako who has very limited interaction with the heroes. Therefore, I cannot give this zako more than 3/10.

Youtube video showing the "demoness" zako: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFa_IGpi1I#t=08m10s

5. Title: Dylan Dog: The Murderers
System: PC and Amiga
Zako: Fancy Lady and Party Chick
My Rating: 6/10 and 6/10

Let's wrap this post up with two old-school but still good zako. In Dylan Dog: The Murderers, the hero is a detective whose main skill seems to be fighting. He is investigating a mansion where nearly everyone seems to be an enemy, including a large number of fancy ladies wearing red dresses and party chicks wearing short skirts. He deals with these zako using either his fists, a knife, or a gun, depending on the player's preferences. Interestingly, defeated enemies do not disappear as in most games, but instead remain in place for the rest of the game. Because there is a lot of backtracking in this game, the hero walks by or over defeated zako many times.

The fancy lady zako is shown in the title screen of the game, and they show up many times throughout the game. She wears a long, formal red dress and has a very feminine appearance. She uses a short knife to attack.

When defeated, she falls back hard and bounces off the floor, finally landing in a very pitiful and feminine position.

The party chick zako may be the first enemy encountered in the game, depending on which path the player takes. She also shows up quite frequently. She wears a short skirt with boots and a white jacket. Her only attack is a weak knee strike, making her hardly a threat, although the hero still shows her no mercy.

The hero can mercifully knock her out with punches, but the knife and the gun are much more convenient. When defeated, she falls back and her skirt actually flaps up for a brief moment, adding a bit of humiliation to her defeat.

I like the designs for both of these zako. However, the technological limitations of the time do drag them down. Obviously, the graphics for this game are not much to look at compared to modern gaming. Moreover, there are no sound effects in the game, so these zako make no sounds as they fight against and are defeated by the hero. There is a lack of variety in the interactions between the hero and these zako: each of these zako has only one basic attack, and the hero can perform only basic attacks on them. Finally, the game has awesome cut scenes with outstanding artwork, and many of these cut scenes show the hero interacting with or eliminating enemies, but the female zako are not in any of these cut scenes. Very disappointing, considering we could have essentially had a comic book style confrontation between the hero and these zako.

Youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUi4ZiHMw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbLOQGaNPg

That's it for this post, but there are many more zako to come, especially if I can recover the data from my crashed hard drive.
What do you think of these zako? Do you agree or disagree with my ratings?

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
Thanks Kimblis, I had not seen most of those enemies before, only the Pirates of Dark Water one. Hopefully you can contribute more because your posts are usually very good. You usually post a lot of 90's 2D games which I prefer

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Final Fight II, eh? Well, the mobile space is the wild wild west I suppose. I'd love to see you continue, but if the data isn't there then what can you do?

wj1905

Master of this Domain
I find it odd that no-one mentioned the fan-made 2011 Golden Axe Prequel, Golden Axe-Myth. It has not just the sexy Zuborokas (dat ass!) but sexy flying gargolye gals too.
myth-06.png

I have a lot of screenshots but oddly cannot upload anything - whenever I try I just get a red excalamtion mark icon appearing next to my files, even
though they are the right format and size, i tried with JPG, BMP... :( I only managed to upload via website, from one I found online. Little help here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.