Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Silk Spectre I vs. Blonde Dominatrix

The short fight scenes of my favorite characters from Watchmen, drew by my artist.
This was finished quite slow, but I hope you like it.

Silk Spectre I vs. Blonde Dominatrix (1).jpg Silk Spectre I vs. Blonde Dominatrix (2).jpg Silk Spectre I vs. Blonde Dominatrix (3).jpg Silk Spectre I vs. Blonde Dominatrix (4).jpg

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Some More Old-School, 2d Zako!

Hello all,
I meant to do this update weeks ago, but various obstacles have come up...anyway, better late than never. Let's look at some more old-school, 2d zako!

1.Crazy Fight (MAME)
I may need to eventually put this entry in a new thread for shooting/first-person-shooter zako, but for now it will be ok here. In this strange and rare arcade game, you play the role of a crime-fighter with a grenade launcher attached to your shoulder, and you must use that weapon to defeat a bunch of criminal gangs.
And those criminal gangs include some smoking hot henchbabes among their members! All of these ladies appear with a cocky attitude (until they get blasted, that is). The first is a haughty blonde who has the ability to change from an enemy to an innocent civilian and back again by spinning around. This is interesting to me because it emphasizes just how strongly clothing and facial expressions mark the difference between an innocent civilian to be protected and a baddie to be blasted.
Crazy Fight Zako Big 01.png
The next is a dark-haired beauty who requires two hits to be taken out (and who loses her hair and teeth when finally defeated).
Crazy Fight Zako Big 02.png
Next up is another blonde...she is very cute and looks a bit younger than the first, but no less arrogant, smirking as she tries to shoot you. However, she lacks the ability to transform in a civilian. Along with her is an equally cute brunette in a red jacket, wearing a backpack. She could be mistaken for a student if not for her gun.
Crazy Fight Zako Big 03.png
Finally, there is a zako with an awesome semi-punk look, with her dark hair spiked up and wearing a studded collar. I love how she has a tough, cocky smirk as she points her gun at you, but this disintegrates into fear and helplessness when she is blasted by your grenades and goes flying, to land who-knows-where?
Crazy Fight Zako Big 04.png
The game has a cartoonish atmosphere, and that extends to the violence as well: it is not bloody and it is left uncertain as to whether the baddies you blast are killed or not, as they go flying off the screen in a ragged state after being blasted. Also, the look of the henchbabes after being blasted is not very good, in my opinion, but I was interested to see the zako in this game anyway!
Crazy Fight Zako 05.png Crazy Fight Zako 06.png Crazy Fight Zako 07.png
Youtube playthrough, with zako throughout first four levels: Crazy Fight - YouTube

2.Motorhead (Amiga)
This is an old, weird game for Amiga, where you play as the rocker Motorhead, and you must rescue your friend by defeating people from other musical genres. You do this by smashing them with you guitar and burping fire at them, causing them to disintegrate and leaving powerups and bonus items behind.
The graphics are, unsurprisingly, not very good, and there is only one zako. She is on stage two (the country level) and her name is Dollie. She is a blonde with a permanently angry facial expression and huge breasts, wearing grey leggings and boots and wielding a whip.
Motorhead Zako.png
Youtube playthrough, with zako showing up at about 7:18:
Amiga Longplay [196] Motörhead - YouTube
I was not originally too interested in this zako, but she did remind me somewhat of the biker chick zako I've worked on myself. Also, since I am always a fan of zako going from cocky to pitiful, I wondered if I could make this furious-looking chick have a different look when defeated. So I whipped up some edited sprites and made some gifs from them, showing a new defeat animation and a new way to get the bonus items from defeated enemies (assuming enemies no longer disintegrate when defeated, but remain on the screen, I figured the character could just kick them to make the bonus items appear, up to a certain limit).
an.gif an.gif
Keep in mind these are rough drafts, completely amateur, and I made them in a short amount of time...but did I have any success in breaking her tough-girl attitude with these defeat animations?

3. Spiderman and Venom: Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety (SNES)
These zako appear in the Spiderman/Venom games Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety. They wear bike shorts and usually have blonde hair, which they use as weapons (along with kicks). They are somewhat tougher than the most common male baddies, but they don't stand much chance against Spiderman and Venom.
Spider Man Venom Maximum Carnage Separation Anxiety Zako 01.png Spider Man Venom Maximum Carnage Separation Anxiety Zako 02.png Spider Man Venom Maximum Carnage Separation Anxiety Zako 03.png Spider Man Venom Maximum Carnage Separation Anxiety Zako 04.png Spider Man Venom Maximum Carnage Separation Anxiety Zako 05.png
Maximum Carnage playthrough:
Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage (SNES) (Acclaim, 1994) Longplay - YouTube
Separation Anxiety playthrough:
Spiderman & Venom Separation Anxiety SNES - 2 players Playthrough [1/8] - YouTube

4. Chuck Norris: Bring on the Pain (Iphone?)
In this mobile game, Chuck Norris must defeat an invasion of Soviet commies using his deadly fighting skills. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, and includes quite a few Chuck Norris jokes (Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun. Once a cobra bit Chuck Norris. After three days of excruciating pain, the cobra died).
The game also includes some blonde Soviet zako, towards whom Chuck Norris shows no mercy, roundhouse kicking them to death or throwing them into the camera screen. They come in two colors. The black is equipped with a hammer and sickle, and the red uses grenades. Neither is very dangerous, though they are somewhat tougher than the most common male baddies. And I like the idea of throwing a zako towards the screen; I wish more beat-em-up games had a move like that.
Chuck Norris Bring On The Pain Zako.png
Youtube playthrough. Zako show up throughout, with groups showing up at 12:22, 25:08, and 27:20.
[002] Chuck Norris: Bring on the pain - Java - Gameplay Complet HD - YouTube

5. Magician Lord (Arcade/NeoGeo)
This is a fun but very difficult Arcade game using the NeoGeo engine. You play a wizard who can morph into different forms, and you must fight through several stages to save the world or something. In stage 6, the stage guardian is a sorceress with two amazon bodyguards, and the majority of the enemies are female zako with cat-like clothing and weapons. I keep wondering why the cat-girls are dressed as cats, even with a helmet with cat ears and a catsuit with a cat tail...but anyway they have a pretty sexy appearance, and they leap around trying to claw you. Later, you fight the sorceress and her amazon guards. All three are pretty cute, but it is interesting to me that the hero seems to let the sorceress live despite showing no such mercy to her cat-girl and amazon minions.
Magician Lord Zako 01.png Magician Lord Zako 02.png Magician Lord Zako 03.png Magician Lord Zako 04.png
Youtube playthroughs of the level with the zako:
Let's Play Magician Lord (Part 8) - YouTube
Magician Lord Dragon Warrior playthrough 6 - YouTube

There will be more to come!
- Kimblis

Attachments

• Crazy Fight Zako 01.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 01.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 982
  • Crazy Fight Zako 02.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 02.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 881
  • Crazy Fight Zako 03.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 03.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 940
  • Crazy Fight Zako 04.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 04.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 808
  • Crazy Fight Zako 01.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 01.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 761
  • Crazy Fight Zako 02.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 02.png
    572.4 KB · Views: 1,758
  • Crazy Fight Zako 03.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 03.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 760
  • Crazy Fight Zako 04.png
    Crazy Fight Zako 04.png
    371.3 KB · Views: 919
Last edited by a moderator:

nagato

Club Regular
Stumble upon another zako from SNES Ultimate Fighter. Not really cute looking but got some moves.

zakox.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Dino Strike - Flash Game (miniclip.com) you can play it from here

The quality is fairly good for a flash game, nice animation and good graphics. These female zakos wear similar outfits but different hairstyles. the first got a long blonde, the second one one got a dark pony tail and the last one (not shown) got a mohawk hair. The first two are really cute.

zakoy.jpg

Dan Druff

Club Regular
Stumble upon another zako from SNES Ultimate Fighter. Not really cute looking but got some moves.

Dino Strike Flash Game quality is fairly good for a flash game, nice animation and good graphics. These female zakos wear similar outfits but different hairstyles. The first got a long blonde, the second one one got a dark pony tail and the last one (not shown) got a mohawk hair. The first two are really cute.
The zako in Ultimate Fighter may not be cute, but she does have a nice body. I do find her attractive. Dino Strike was really easy, but it was still fun. I have the same opinion about the mohawk zako.

nagato

Club Regular
The ultimate fighter and Mohawk zako are a little tougher looking for my taste, but they are good looking. The other issues with Dino strike is having a postage stamp size screen, it can be enlarge by setting the desktop resolution to 640x480 or 800x600.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
5. Magician Lord (Arcade/NeoGeo)
Heh, I remembered them. And they look nice in those fantasy outfit :3
The swordswoman also appears in later stage too.
And nice sprite works. XD

Stumble upon another zako from SNES Ultimate Fighter.
It's Hiryu No Ken in JPN. There are also a boss versions of them with no legging tight, and can use most of your moves, that is quite pain. No doubt, because they are a head-swap model of the heroine.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks Nagato!

The ultimate fighter and Mohawk zako are a little tougher looking for my taste, but they are good looking.

First off, thanks Nagato for this contribution! It's awesome to see that several of us on the Ryonani forum are still looking for and finding new zako from games. And the blonde and blue-haired zako you posted from Dino Strike are really cute, I agree.

About the mohawk zako...I got pretty excited when you said there was a mohawk zako in this game, because I love when zako have the punk-rocker look, so I quickly found youtube playthroughs of Dino Strike. However, I have to agree that this particular mohawk zako is not the best...although she still has the same great body as the first two zako, her mohawk and (especially) her facial expression both seem to go a little too far. Still, not a bad find. I also find it interesting that the zako in this game can be attacked by dinosaurs. XD
So here's the mohawk zako:
Dino Strike Zako Punk 01.png Dino Strike Zako Punk 02.png Dino Strike Zako Punk 03.png

I really like when a punk-style zako still keeps a feminine look despite the spiked-up hair and cocky attitude. I think Soozie from Streets of Rage, as well as some versions of Linda from Double Dragon 2, are good examples of this.
soozie garnet profile streets of rage by heyhell-d5olk0t zako.jpg Soozie Gif A.gif Soozie Garnet Zako Streets of Rage.png Soozie.jpg
zako pix iv linda double dragon punk edit.png linda_lash___double_dragon_ii_by_zabzarock-d4ybg0t.png linda_by_zoxdd-d4qsv9v.gif Daby Linda zako double dragon.png
39269.thumb
32950.thumb

One of the zako from the Crazy Fight game I posted a bit earlier in this thread is also a good example of the feminine punk zako, especially considering how she looks when she is blasted off the screen:
Crazy Fight Punk Zako.png

Anyway, thanks again to nagato, and ran, and the other members still finding/contributing zako from games!

Attachments

• Double Dragon Neon Punk Linda Zako.png
    Double Dragon Neon Punk Linda Zako.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 676
  • Linda.png
    Linda.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,105
  • linda1.png
    linda1.png
    19 KB · Views: 563

nagato

Club Regular
I should be thankful for your good posting :) You got a point there kimblis, though I prefer longer haired zakos, but since you mentioned Garnet, she's awesome, the way she's animated, shes way better than soozie even some of the other 2D zakos. Some of the long haired zakos are not too convincing..too nice looking, but Garnet she's a real bad sexy girl.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Ok, so I found a download of Dark Judgement a russian site(Dark Judgement (1998 - Windows). ??????, ????????, ??????, ?????????, ??????????? ?? Old-Games.RU). I downloaded it and ran the setup and realized that it is NOT a PC engine game nor a DOS game, since it has an install for Direct X. I, however, can't make it run no matter how hard I try on my machine. I get a DDERR_UNSUPPORTED, which could mean... anything? It's a direct draw error obviously, but I don't know what I'd need to do to fix it, since it could be a resolution thing or a driver thing or who knows what.

I also can't take apart the .DAT, and even tried to run it through some sound extractors to get what I'm interested in. No luck, though.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i've had dark judgement downloaded from that same place and from what i've seen on a few places, you have to run it on windows xp or maybe older. compatability mode won't work

Dan Druff

Club Regular
Let's start with "Dark Judgement" for PC (I think). This is an obscure beat-em-up where you must bring down an evil organization using whatever weapons you come across (and there are many). As you assault the enemy base, you are confronted with large numbers of dudes in military clothing...and almost equally large numbers of cute female zako! Normally I don't like military clothing for zako, but I'll make an exception in this case. These ladies are cute with their midriff-baring tank tops, though I would still prefer something a little more feminine than cargo pants and combat boots. Their sound effects, on the other hand, are as feminine as you can get, and they sound (and look) very pitiful when they are hurt/defeated. They come in various colors, with the red being my favorite. They use punches, jump kicks, a lunging punch, knives, electro-sticks, pistols, and grenades. Even so, against the heroes in this game, these ladies seem like sheep led to the slaughter, and the heroes don't hold back. Moreover, after every level, you are shown a "kill count" with bonus points for each enemy killed, and in many levels the number of female zako rivals that of the male baddies. There is a second zako in this game as well, and she seems pretty interesting to me, if a bit strange. She shows up in later levels and wears a colorful spandex suit along with shades, and she crouches low to the ground as she moves. I thought she was meant to be a tougher zako than the first, but her capabilities seem just as limited as the first zako. She can punch, do a jumping attack (where she seems to land on the hero with her rear), and use various weapons. But as far as I can tell, the only gameplay difference between her and the first zako is that she is quicker to pick up and use weapons. Like the first, she also looks and sounds quite feminine and pitiful when she is defeated. Meanwhile, the heroes can use any means to dispose of her, from martial arts to guns to swords to grenades.
I have a machine running Windows XP, but even on that I had to change the compatibility to Windows 98; I can't simply do that on Windows 7. I don't mind military garb on female zako one bit because they're still hot. After playing the game, I realize BOTH FEMALE ZAKOS HAVE GRAPPLE ATTACKS. The video that Kimblis linked does not feature their grapples, although one female zako comes close to doing it; skip to 4:05. She grabs the player from behind, wraps her arms around the player, and attempts to squeeze the player a few times while giving a devilish grin. That attempted grapple definitely put the fear in the player because that person uses the escape move the moment any of the girls stands behind the player. The other female zako climbs onto the player's shoulders from behind and punches the player's head repeatedly.
[video=youtube_share;dqeZ2yzsFNY]http://youtu.be/dqeZ2yzsFNY[/video]

eLEOnore

Avid Affiliate
About the mohawk zako...I got pretty excited when you said there was a mohawk zako in this game, because I love when zako have the punk-rocker look, so I quickly found youtube playthroughs of Dino Strike.

I agree, those are my favourites too. That's why basically love zakos: I love their rocker/punk design, how they reflects old pop-cultural references and they are more unique then playable characters.
BTW Linda Lash from Double Dragon had a cameo appearance in Rage of the Dragons (on of the best and most balanced fighing game ever made bottomline):
18-linda-lash-dd.png

nagato

Club Regular
Anyone who wants to play Dark Judgement on Windows 7, there is a possibility. This might work on many old games with DDERR_UNSUPPORTED issues. I just tried it on my PC with a non-SLI Nvidia GTX 550 Ti and finally, I can got Dark Judgment working.

I found the solution from this site http://www.justanswer.com/computer/6m2q0-i-m-loading-old-game-software-heroes-iii-following.html

The solution is simply temporarily disable your graphics adapter, this will makes your windows runs a bit slower, so preferably disable any fancy aero interface and video memory hogging gadgets.

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click Computer.
3.Click Manage.
4.Click Continue if it asks to do so.
5.Click Device Manager on the left hand side.
6. Now, on the right hand side, click + sign in front of display adapter.
7. Now, right click on the item under it and choose Disable.
8. Restart the computer.

On the Dark Judgement exe, just set the compatibility to windows 98/me and check all the boxes, including run as admin.

you may encounter DDERR twice, just hit OK and the hopefully the game will start. On e you're done playing, just enable the video adapter.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
Game Boy - Double Dragon

It's tricky to deal with more than one zako thread, but I understand why there had to be separate threads. This is Linda from the Game Boy version of Double Dragon, so I apologize in advance for the bad screenshots. I like the look of this Linda as a trendy girl with a black hair and pigtails, black blouse, light miniskirt, knee-high socks, and black shoes. She's dressed for a night on the town, but her idea of a good time appears to be trying to defeat Billy Lee. Her lack of a face could be a metaphor for her place in the Shadow Warriors than simply the limitations of the Game Boy hardware. You might as well be fighting Abby Sciuto from NCIS. This version is a simplified port of the NES version, so she has her standard punches and whip attack. This version also gives her a jump kick, which she never had in any version of Double Dragon. The last screnshot is an attack I secretly wished any version of Double Dragon would give Linda :hidden: When Linda knocks Billy down with her whip, she continues to use the whip even when he is falling to the ground and then standing. He gets up while she is still using the whip, giving you the final screenshot.

Attachments

• Double Dragon (Japan)_01.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_01.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 895
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_02.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_02.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 864
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_03.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_03.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 860
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_04.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_04.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 843
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_06.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_06.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 819
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_05.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_05.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 829
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_07.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_07.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 822
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_08.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_08.png
    3 KB · Views: 843
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_09.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_09.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 808
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_10.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_10.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 820
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_11.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_11.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 849
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_12.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_12.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 859
  • Double Dragon (Japan)_13.png
    Double Dragon (Japan)_13.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 879

sindragoon

Casual Client
I found a modded version of the game warriors of fate in which it made the 3 female wearing spandex leotard workout bosses into regular zako enemies. This video is very long (about 3 hours which is a good thing) though, but you guys can just skip to about any part of the video and you can find the zakos.

[EK??] ?????? ????2 ??? - YouTube You can skip to around 2:09:21 to see a small sample of them zakos ( They are in most parts of the video and wear different colors too)

For those of you who wonder what they look like, here is a couple of screenshots
http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/stances/wof_mei.gif
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/capcom/wof/picsanjin.png
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/capcom/wof/picarika.png
http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/wof/picizia.png
http://blog-imgs-31-origin.fc2.com/g/u/n/gunboydx/tenchi6_091229.jpg
http://www10.atpages.jp/excessm/dialy2.files/image944.gif

Personally I really love their spandex-leotard workout style outfits and I wish we can see some more zakos wearing these in the future​

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.