Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 139 61.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 60 26.3%

• Total voters

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
It'd be some work, but it'd be possible to isolate all the sprites. It'd be work cause they're all in gigantic combined sprite sheets, same as Final Vendetta.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
Did someone on this forum request The Flying Kick to review Revenge on the Street 3? I'm still trying to get him to review Smash Boy.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
I like the two female baddies in Garuda Emblem, but I hate this trend of small characters in large stages; Revenge on the Streets did the same thing. The first girl is cute, and I don't mind the second girl. There seems to be an unwritten rule that female enemies cannot be overly aggressive, and developers either unconsciously or actively program enemies against zako fetishists. The second enemy bothers me because she plays like Victoria from Streets of Rage 4 but can harm herself like the dolls in Growl. Female enemies are way too passive; time out kills the player quicker than the enemy does. You'll never see male enemies that only rely on hit and run. Anyway, I like that some of us got into the Bonfa Games Discord. They're the ones making Streets of Chaos, and all we've done is inquire about female baddies.

slayer

Master of this Domain
I like the two female baddies in Garuda Emblem, but I hate this trend of small characters in large stages; Revenge on the Streets did the same thing. The first girl is cute, and I don't mind the second girl. There seems to be an unwritten rule that female enemies cannot be overly aggressive, and developers either unconsciously or actively program enemies against zako fetishists. The second enemy bothers me because she plays like Victoria from Streets of Rage 4 but can harm herself like the dolls in Growl. Female enemies are way too passive; time out kills the player quicker than the enemy does. You'll never see male enemies that only rely on hit and run. Anyway, I like that some of us got into the Bonfa Games Discord. They're the ones making Streets of Chaos, and all we've done is inquire about female baddies.
Of the top of my head, I can think of the cowgirls from Sunset Riders and the Kunoichi from Mystic Warriors. Both toss explosives and run away. I actually do like that behaviour, but to each their own.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
There was one enemy in Nekketsu Oyako that also threw boms and ran off. I groan at that behavior because it appears to be an exclusively female trait although Capcom did have some male enemies hit and run. People can glow in the dark and shoot fire from their hands, but a large female enemy cannot exist, or a woman cannot lift a man.

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
Of the top of my head, I can think of the cowgirls from Sunset Riders and the Kunoichi from Mystic Warriors. Both toss explosives and run away. I actually do like that behaviour, but to each their own.
i can see the logic behind that behavior. they are women, so they aren't going to work realistically as "standard" goons that just rush in to overwhelm. the best approach is agile fighters or attacking from a distance (snipers or hit-and-run tactics).

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

I'm actually kinda happy that he's gonna do a female kickboxer zako that's somehow (may or may not be) my OC Hornet

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I think we've all got different things we like, and that can push our desires in different directions. But there HAS been a push away from 'enemies as a threat' into 'enemies as an obstacle' in recent years, with the beat-em-up becoming focused on c-c-c-c-c-combos and character progression rather than map knowledge and damage avoidance. Which has kinda pushed aside a lot of interesting enemy interactions, which is the kind of thing I love to see. I want an enemy I can look at, who reacts interestingly and isn't hidden by effects. Even as we've gotten squat and round girls, girls with helmets, muscle girls... a lot of them just sort of take hits and get comboed like they accidentally went online in a fighting game.

So even though I have the strange and unusual taste of 'slim, leggy, boobies and ass' I really feel it when people talk about the lack of diversity. I don't think it's appearance, I think it's behavior and interaction. I don't want enemies that can kick my ass, but I am aligned with people who do, simply because I like interesting things to happen. It's actually why I love bomb throwers! They throw their bombs , wait, and then have to run away! That's interesting, and has all sorts of ways it can wrinkle. What if they looked around in a panic before they ran? What if sometimes they tripped and took a while to get back up? What if sometimes they just surrendered? It's something to bite into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.