You draw, we mod! Modding Template for Photoshop Updated 2020 (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
(Does this make them loader mods? I intend to use them with moreclothing.)
Technically yes. They're packaged in the same way as vanilla imports, but they'll be unusable without the Loader.

Using the standard templates does not seem to be an option as most of the inside of the left thigh is not shown in these. (It's hidden behind the right thigh.)
Irrelevant. Each bodypart is drawn on a separate layer. You can hide anything which occults your artwork (such as the chest and left thigh).

But you also shouldn't draw stuff directly onto the Left Thigh layer. You should insert a new layer (which appears above the left thigh) and then draw all of your new artwork onto that layer. It saves us the trouble of cropping out the superfluous body-outline, and it allows for more artistic freedom. For example: you can apply Photoshop filters onto your artwork without accidentally including the thigh outline in your blur/blend/glow/whatever effect.

It's not a problem for these files, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

Is there some other template I should have used?
The standard PSD template is fine if you tinker with the layers a bit. If you're drawing costumes (which might eventually include RGB support or breast slider accommodation) then it would be preferable to use the SVG template.

The PSD and PNG files included a dark outline on the ventral edge. I remove it because it stuck out very noticeably, and because it was superfluous (that edge is shared with the outline of the thigh, so there's already a dark grey outline in place). There remains a lighter gray outline around the entire creampie mark.

It's much easier to fine-tune this sort of thing in Flash if you're working with vectors, because you can merge the geometry very precisely (so that the new artwork shares an uninterrupted same-color outline with the game's base artwork). But it's much more difficult to draw translucent/fluid effects in vector form... so there's always a trade-off :)

sdt-creampieRed.swf
sdt-creampieWhite.swf
sdt-creampie.fla

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks, stuntcock.
I appreciate you doing these as well as the explanations so the next attempt will be better!

aztlan

Casual Client
So if I understand correctly (Let's say I want to create a .PSD that would go with Her Left Thigh and Her Right Thigh):

I would take SDT.PSD and add one transparent layer over Left Thigh (and draw the changes I wanted on here) and add another transparent layer over Right Thigh (and draw the changes to the Right Thigh on here).

• Would I then upload the original SDT.PSD with my two extra layers (21 original layers (IIRC) + 2 new layers one for each Thigh) and ask for some kind soul to turn them into a Legwear B .swf?
  • (Or would I just upload my two new layers (one for each Thigh) here and ask for the .swf?)
  • (Or something else altogether?)

Thanks.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Would I then upload the original SDT.PSD with my two extra layers (21 original layers (IIRC) + 2 new layers one for each Thigh) and ask for some kind soul to turn them into a Legwear B .swf?
(Or would I just upload my two new layers (one for each Thigh) here and ask for the .swf?)
Either of these would work. The second option is slightly more tidy, but the first option is more reliable.

We can usually fit an item onto the Flash template by "eyeballing" it, even if we can't see the bodypart layers used by the original artist (i.e. yourself). But storage space is cheap and we're probably going to delete the PSD file after it has been used anyways, so there's no harm in uploading the complete PSD file.

(Or something else altogether?)
If you're using Inkscape then it would be a SVG file instead of PSD, but the same logic applies. Might as well upload the whole thing, just to be safe.

Potatotato

Potential Patron
I have worked on the cigarette look and position.
Can you use this file to make a mod from it?
Also, do you have any suggestions on how to improve the model?

Attachments

WhiteCigarette_L_H.psd
1.1 MB · Views: 127

Deleted member 125417

Potential Patron
Personally thought the vanilla feet were pretty ugly/lacking, so I made kind of a hasty replacement and was wondering if anybody could turn it into a mod or something ... I'm new to this whole thing but maybe someone can work with these pictures idk

Attachments

• SDTFootLeft.png
    SDTFootLeft.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 195
  • SDTFootRight.jpg
    SDTFootRight.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 195

stuntcock

Content Creator
Personally thought the vanilla feet were pretty ugly/lacking, so I made kind of a hasty replacement and was wondering if anybody could turn it into a mod or something
If you're working on body mods and anatomy replacements, then it's a good idea to use the SVG template instead of the PSD template. SVG files can be more easily adapted to work with SDT features (such as tanlines, skin-tone adjustment, breast size slider, etc). There was a similar foot mod created recently by @cosmo777 which includes some useful AS3 scripts.

I'm new to this whole thing but maybe someone can work with these pictures idk
The new feet can, of course, be fitted onto the existing calves. But it's important to note that SDT treats the foot+calf as a single piece.

i7ZyYX3.jpg

If we just manually stitch the pieces together then there will be a very obvious seamline. We can overcome this problem by tracing your artwork into vectors and then merging the lines together with those of the existing calf -- but that means additional work for the modder, and (probably) some loss of artistic detail. It would probably make more sense to just draw the replacement foot in vector format -- assuming that you're comfortable using tools such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. Alternatively, you could draw a replacement for the entire calf+foot in raster format -- we'd still see discontinuity at the knee, but it's less noticeable than the ankle seam.

In either case, I would encourage you to upload your source file (in a format such as PSD, SVG, AI, PDN, etc) when working on a collaborative project. If a modder can access your original files then the modding work will probably retain higher graphical fidelity, and the modder may be able to fix minor complications (in layering, transparency, line thickness, etc) instead of asking you to make revisions.

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
Hey peeps!

Here's a dirt effect thingymajig that I just drew, but unfortunately I'm not too good at all this modding stuff :D
Soooooo if anyone would be willing to make it into a mod, I would be mucho grateful :)

Attachments

Dirt.psd
3.8 MB · Views: 147

stuntcock

Content Creator
Here's a dirt effect thingymajig that I just drew
Here's an initial WIP file, but I'm going to need to take another pass at it. The mod currently has a very heavy FPS cost because of the large overlapping (transparent) PNG images. I'll need to crop the images much more aggressively, or apply a mask to each bodypart.

I'll also need to fix the chest and breasts. A standard BODY mod on either of those parts will cause the underlying skin to disappear (even with overwrite = false). I've disabled those elements for now. We'll need to either re-include the girl's skin sprites within this mod (which is inelegant) or handle those bits via Loader modding. Or we can reclassify those parts as clothing, but that's a lazy workaround and it prevents people from using the HSL or RGB sliders properly. Are you okay with converting this project into a Loader mod? It should still be compatible with moreClothing, so you could toggle dirtiness on and off via button click (or via dialogue scripting). moreClothing's +reghue feature will also allow us to recolor the dirt, which will be helpful when working with different skin colors -- the standard dirt is difficult to see against Dark skin.

I'll also need to apply some rudimentary animation to the dirt patches for the sake of breast-slider support - but that will be halfassed work because we can't do proper fitting with raster graphics.

Anyways - the real question here is do you want to include a face mark as well? Your previous post showed dirt on the girl's cheek. If you copy/paste (or re-draw) that mark onto the hair template then we can include it in the "Dirty Body" SWF file, and we can probably release this thing tomorrow. You can put the dirt mark into a new layer on top of the template and save the whole thing as a PSD or PDN file ... or you could just upload the mark itself (as a mostly-transparent PNG) and I'll try to match the fitting shown in your preview image.

If you decide to include a face mark, then please try to focus the dirt on the cheekbone and surrounding area. If your artwork extends too far down/right then we might see specks of dirt appearing inside the girl's open mouth, or see dirt floating in empty space below the girl's jawbone (when her mouth is fully closed).

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
Here's an initial WIP file, but I'm going to need to take another pass at it. The mod currently has a very heavy FPS cost because of the large overlapping (transparent) PNG images. I'll need to crop the images much more aggressively, or apply a mask to each bodypart.

I'll also need to fix the chest and breasts. A standard BODY mod on either of those parts will cause the underlying skin to disappear (even with overwrite = false). I've disabled those elements for now. We'll need to either re-include the girl's skin sprites within this mod (which is inelegant) or handle those bits via Loader modding. Or we can reclassify those parts as clothing, but that's a lazy workaround and it prevents people from using the HSL or RGB sliders properly. Are you okay with converting this project into a Loader mod? It should still be compatible with moreClothing, so you could toggle dirtiness on and off via button click (or via dialogue scripting). moreClothing's +reghue feature will also allow us to recolor the dirt, which will be helpful when working with different skin colors -- the standard dirt is difficult to see against Dark skin.

I'll also need to apply some rudimentary animation to the dirt patches for the sake of breast-slider support - but that will be halfassed work because we can't do proper fitting with raster graphics.

Anyways - the real question here is do you want to include a face mark as well? Your previous post showed dirt on the girl's cheek. If you copy/paste (or re-draw) that mark onto the hair template then we can include it in the "Dirty Body" SWF file, and we can probably release this thing tomorrow. You can put the dirt mark into a new layer on top of the template and save the whole thing as a PSD or PDN file ... or you could just upload the mark itself (as a mostly-transparent PNG) and I'll try to match the fitting shown in your preview image.

If you decide to include a face mark, then please try to focus the dirt on the cheekbone and surrounding area. If your artwork extends too far down/right then we might see specks of dirt appearing inside the girl's open mouth, or see dirt floating in empty space below the girl's jawbone (when her mouth is fully closed).

I use the Loader so a Loader mod would be completely fine for me :)

I've added a dirt layer to her face, I'm not sure if I have done it correctly but if there is anything wrong with it I can fix it

Attachments

Face - Dirt.psd
1.5 MB · Views: 182

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
Hi again,
Just wondered if you managed to make anything from it.
If your busy doing other things don't worry about it :)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
That's awesome!

Here's the svg

It's an object that's meant to be held just like in the picture.
The hand on the 2nd layer is just for reference - size and position of the object relative to the hand. I don't care about modtype (though cuffs seem appropriate) as long as it isn't altered by skin hue. The character in question has heavy skin hue alteration.

Also, despite the no kink-shaming policy here I feel like I should point out that this isn't sexual for me. It's for a very un-sexy easter egg ending in my thing.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I am not familiar with what techniques are used to get her to hold things in her hand, do you have any examples?

Not of her holding an object specifically. My thinking was that it might be possible to use whatever technique is used for gloves, since they move with the hand. The reference in layer 2 is from the character and the code for her skin is:
Code:
skin:light;skinhsl:-11,0.47,0.97,0.88

If the hand were to be made part of the mod itself and superimposed on the actual in-game hand that's not really an issue (it's not like she was gonna give him a handjob while holding that thing anyway). Would that work? Hand and sickle combined into a glove simulating her holding an object? If that causes issues with a visible disconnect between arm and hand maybe that could be masked with a super simple bracelet? If so I'll supply that as well.

EDIT: Correction - Cigarette by Iago has this and is registered as armwear.

Last edited:

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Wow. Thank you so much for the effort. It's very close. It moves with her hand perfectly!

I have two things I would like changed. The first is that it's supposed to go with an animtools position that has her hand clenched (which I've attached for your convenience) and when using that it only goes partially behind her hand as you can see in the screenshot. I would like it to go behind the clenched hand entirely.

The other is that upon in-game inspection the lines are too fine so I've edited the svg. Other than the thickness of the lines it's identical to the one in my earlier post.

PS. @Moderators I'll delete all this once Nameless has it.

EDIT: Deleted files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.