Neptunia VS Sister modding issue with textures - Help appreciated (1 Viewer)

Meekurukuru

2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Good evening, I saw that a lot of people also mod games in Unity in this forum and I am currently modding Neptunia VS Sister while having an issue with some LIVE2D textures in unity not being rendered in-game. So that is why I am asking if anyone knows how to fix the following issue with ".bundle" files. But first some context:

This is the game I am currently modding:
1688845162766.png

1688849178382.png

1688849158312.png

1688849196157.png

1688849211256.png

1688849228211.png
I was able to mod most of the game without a problem like having custom 3D Models with edited textures, edited menu textures, etc. but I am having trouble with some textures that seem to be corrupted when importing them inside the .bundle file. The LIVE2D textures to be precise. I was able to mod some like this Uni (don't mind the texture work, it is just an example) but others just get corrupted even if you import the same texture inside the ".bundle" file!

New tittle screen:
1688845527027.png

Uni mod:
1688845384248.png

Ram and nepgear mods:
1688845471837.png

new menus images:
1688849600899.png

and other mods too.

Example of an edited texture working in LIVE2D:
1688846393925.png

Other working example:
1688846440800.png

Error example of the same texture from the file not working after being imported again into that file:
1688846316474.png

and this is how the texture with an error looks in-game: (totally invisible)
1688848720921.png

Info about the game and modding:
- This game uses unity (Unity 2020.3.36f1 to be precise) as the game engine,
- Use asset studio to view the inside the ".bundle" files.
- To export and import textures and meshes, you can use UABE.
- For texture editing I use paint.net but you can use Photoshop or Gimp too.
- For 3D editing, "blender" and "Unity 2020.3.36f1" (64-bit) is required too. (Cant upload them since they weight a bit but you can just google the exact name)
- The guide that I used to mod this game since it is similar is this one: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/201761-samurai-maiden-potential-modding/?page=10
- All of the texture and meshes are found in this location as ".bundle" files due to them being made in Unity, use Assetstudio or UABE to view them: \Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters\neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64

I will be attaching the programs and the texture files I am talking about in this post.

So my question is: does anybody know what is the cause of the texture becoming corrupted when editing them? This only happen with the textures of LIVE2D files and only some in particular. The textures in the spoiler tab to be precise.

event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle = Noire
event_chara_0211_assets_all.bundle = Noire HDD (Black heart)
event_chara_0401_assets_all.bundle = Vert
event_chara_0411_assets_all.bundle = Vert HDD (Green heart)
event_chara_0501_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear
event_chara_0511_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear HDD (Purple sister)
event_chara_0601_assets_all.bundle = Uni
event_chara_0701_assets_all.bundle = Rom
event_chara_0801_assets_all.bundle = Ram
event_chara_0901_assets_all.bundle = Touhou
event_chara_1001_assets_all.bundle = Higurashi
event_chara_1111_assets_all.bundle = Grey Sister
event_chara_1201_assets_all.bundle = Anri file
event_chara_1211_assets_all.bundle = F2P file
event_chara_1601_assets_all.bundle = Robot lady
event_chara_1711_assets_all.bundle = Arfoire

All the other files in event_chara that are not listed CAN be edited with current known methods.

I made a short guide if you want to mod a texture yourself and see if it works. I also included some files to edit, the blanc file works and the noire file does not work and that is why I am asking for some help regarding that.

Steps to import them inside the .bundle file:
1. open UABE, then open the ".bundle" file and load it into memory
1688847111280.png

2. Click on info, after that choose press "Ctrl + E" and only select "Texture2D" and you should only see the "texture_00".
1688847100901.png

1688847090752.png

So now select the "Texture_00" and click on plugins to load a new or the same texture with "edit the texture" or export it to edit with any editing program like paint.net with the option "export texture", this option will exported the file as a png.
After that, just load the same or edited texture inside when you are finished with the option of "Edit Texture" and "Load".
1688847079736.png

3. After that just save and close the file, do it again for the bundle and it should be done. You can use Assetstudio to see if it worked.

1688847067609.png

Then just use Assetstudio to view the bundle file that you edited and search for "Texture_00" inside the file and see if it loads.

For example if I edit the texture in "event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle" (Noire LIVE2D texture file) it becomes corrupted after I try to import again. (the image example is with Rom but you get the idea)
1688846868921.png

This does not happen if I edit a texture with a file that I know it works for example "event_chara_0301_assets_all.bundle" (Blanc LIVE2D texture file).
1688846857814.png

So if anyone knows how to fix that issue or how to edit those textures without getting corrupted in unity, just send me a message.

Thx as always.

Attachments

• Thumbnail and tittle screen of the mod.png
    Thumbnail and tittle screen of the mod.png
    7 MB · Views: 127
noire live2d texture file.rar
2.4 MB · Views: 81

uabea-windows (1).zip
21.7 MB · Views: 103

Last edited:

Meekurukuru

2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Good evening, I saw that a lot of people also mod games in Unity in this forum and I am currently modding Neptunia VS Sister while having an issue with some LIVE2D textures in unity not being rendered in-game. So that is why I am asking if anyone knows how to fix the following issue with ".bundle" files. But first some context:

This is the game I am currently modding:
View attachment 147841
I was able to mod most of the game without a problem like having custom 3D Models with edited textures, edited menu textures, etc. but I am having trouble with some textures that seem to be corrupted when importing them inside the .bundle file. The LIVE2D textures to be precise. I was able to mod some like this Uni (don't mind the texture work, it is just an example) but others just get corrupted even if you import the same texture inside the ".bundle" file!

New tittle screen:
View attachment 147844

Uni mod:
View attachment 147842
Ram and nepgear mods:
View attachment 147843

new menus images:
View attachment 147869
and other mods too.

Example of an edited texture working in LIVE2D:
View attachment 147849
Other working example:
View attachment 147850

Error example of the same texture from the file not working after being imported again into that file:
View attachment 147848
and this is how the texture with an error looks in-game: (totally invisible)
View attachment 147863

Info about the game and modding:
- This game uses unity (Unity 2020.3.36f1 to be precise) as the game engine,
- Use asset studio to view the inside the ".bundle" files.
- To export and import textures and meshes, you can use UABE.
- For texture editing I use paint.net but you can use Photoshop or Gimp too.
- For 3D editing, "blender" and "Unity 2020.3.36f1" (64-bit) is required too. (Cant upload them since they weight a bit but you can just google the exact name)
- The guide that I used to mod this game since it is similar is this one: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/201761-samurai-maiden-potential-modding/?page=10
- All of the texture and meshes are found in this location as ".bundle" files due to them being made in Unity, use Assetstudio or UABE to view them: \Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters\neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64

I will be attaching the programs and the texture files I am talking about in this post.

So my question is: does anybody know what is the cause of the texture becoming corrupted when editing them? This only happen with the textures of LIVE2D files and only some in particular. The textures in the spoiler tab to be precise.

event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle = Noire
event_chara_0211_assets_all.bundle = Noire HDD (Black heart)
event_chara_0401_assets_all.bundle = Vert
event_chara_0411_assets_all.bundle = Vert HDD (Green heart)
event_chara_0501_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear
event_chara_0511_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear HDD (Purple sister)
event_chara_0601_assets_all.bundle = Uni
event_chara_0701_assets_all.bundle = Rom
event_chara_0801_assets_all.bundle = Ram
event_chara_0901_assets_all.bundle = Touhou
event_chara_1001_assets_all.bundle = Higurashi
event_chara_1111_assets_all.bundle = Grey Sister
event_chara_1201_assets_all.bundle = Anri file
event_chara_1211_assets_all.bundle = F2P file
event_chara_1601_assets_all.bundle = Robot lady
event_chara_1711_assets_all.bundle = Arfoire

All the other files in event_chara that are not listed CAN be edited with current known methods.

I made a short guide if you want to mod a texture yourself and see if it works. I also included some files to edit, the blanc file works and the noire file does not work and that is why I am asking for some help regarding that.

Steps to import them inside the .bundle file:
1. open UABE, then open the ".bundle" file and load it into memory
View attachment 147857

2. Click on info, after that choose press "Ctrl + E" and only select "Texture2D" and you should only see the "texture_00".
View attachment 147856
View attachment 147855
So now select the "Texture_00" and click on plugins to load a new or the same texture with "edit the texture" or export it to edit with any editing program like paint.net with the option "export texture", this option will exported the file as a png.
After that, just load the same or edited texture inside when you are finished with the option of "Edit Texture" and "Load".
View attachment 147854

3. After that just save and close the file, do it again for the bundle and it should be done. You can use Assetstudio to see if it worked.

View attachment 147853

Then just use Assetstudio to view the bundle file that you edited and search for "Texture_00" inside the file and see if it loads.

For example if I edit the texture in "event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle" (Noire LIVE2D texture file) it becomes corrupted after I try to import again. (the image example is with Rom but you get the idea)
View attachment 147852

This does not happen if I edit a texture with a file that I know it works for example "event_chara_0301_assets_all.bundle" (Blanc LIVE2D texture file).
View attachment 147851

So if anyone knows how to fix that issue or how to edit those textures without getting corrupted in unity, just send me a message.

Thx as always.

Update: I was able to mod the LIVE2D characters that were incompatible with a tool called BepInEx (Release BepInEx 5.4.21 · BepInEx/BepInEx)
Now it is working correctly and without an issue. Thanks for reading the previous message.

Some screenshots of the mod working now:
1690414390560.png

1690414434737.png

1690414452505.png

I will keep working on some mods for this game and if an update regarding that happens, I will be asking here, thanks.

Meekurukuru

2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
I was able to fix the texture issue and now after 2 months of work, here it is, the complete
Neptunia Sister VS Sister NSFW modpack!
It changes everything that can be modded to be nsfw / nude.
title.png

It is free and releasing this week too.

The modpack also de-censors the game back to the original state because the game got censored by removing the cursing of characters like Blanc or the "Bastard sword", now the modpack gets you back the original text, voices and scenes as well!
Patch notes from the game about the censorship update, the modpack gets you back the original text.

See the complete list of features with the video included on the zip or mega file to view online:
  • includes images with bullet points of all of the features of the modpack.
  • how to install it (don't worry, you only to need drag and drop the files).
  • release date (this week)
  • and more.

Mega link to the video: 63.23 MB file on MEGA

Thanks to everyone who have been working behind the scenes with me during the creation of this modpack!

I will be making a post on "Adult mods" section when the modpack releases this week but since this one was already made, here it is.

UPDATE:
The modpack is fully released and working, it is available on all the major modding sites too, for free!

Undertow: https://www.undertow.club/threads/neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters-complete-nsfw-modpack-uncensor-patch-←-download-available-new-variants-models-textures-and-physics.19881/

Loverslab: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/218809-neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters-complete-nsfw-modpack-uncensor-patch-←-download-available-new-variants-models-textures-and-physics/

(Lite version only) Gamebanana: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters NSFW Modpack Lite [Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters] [Mods]

(Lite version only) Nexusmods: Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters NSFW Modpack Lite

Enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

nosis100285

Potential Patron
I was able to fix the texture issue and now after 2 months of work, here it is, the complete
Neptunia Sister VS Sister NSFW modpack!
It changes everything that can be modded to be nsfw / nude.
View attachment 149613
It is free and releasing this week too.

The modpack also de-censors the game back to the original state because the game got censored by removing the cursing of characters like Blanc or the "Bastard sword", now the modpack gets you back the original text, voices and scenes as well!
Patch notes from the game about the censorship update, the modpack gets you back the original text.

See the complete list of features with the video included on the zip or mega file to view online:
  • includes images with bullet points of all of the features of the modpack.
  • how to install it (don't worry, you only to need drag and drop the files).
  • release date (this week)
  • and more.

Mega link to the video: 63.23 MB file on MEGA

Thanks to everyone who have been working behind the scenes with me during the creation of this modpack!

I will be making a post on "Adult mods" section when the modpack releases this week but since this one was already made, here it is.
Enjoy.

Just curious about the status of the release?

Meekurukuru

2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.