[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (6 Viewers)

Y

Yetooks

I'm having an error for Rise of the Tomb Raider
"FileAlreadyExistsException: C:\Program Files(x86)\Rise of the Tomb Raider\d3d11.dll"
I think it might be because I accidently said that the program should use 32-bit programs when I FIRST installed it, and then hit "Don't show me again".

If there's a way I could reset that(already tried reinstalling.) or if that isn't even the problem at all I'd love some feedback.

Thanks

veironn

Casual Client
Thank you! Unfortunately it is very unlikely that I will release a next version :(
But I've heard from https://www.undertow.club/members/eziomaverick.222259/ that there is some other tool that works with SotTR. You may ask him about it.

I tested rthe resorep 1.7.0 with shadow of the tomb raider and it extract some textures , only some loading textures, i have all hopes for a new resorep vers that support shadow of the tomb raider because the other tools seems not compatible with my graphic card .
I dont know if is hard or how much it takes to add support for the new tomb raider game , but if someone can , thats u Ray ;)

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
I tested rthe resorep 1.7.0 with shadow of the tomb raider and it extract some textures , only some loading textures, i have all hopes for a new resorep vers that support shadow of the tomb raider because the other tools seems not compatible with my graphic card .
I dont know if is hard or how much it takes to add support for the new tomb raider game , but if someone can , thats u Ray ;)

Hey, special-k doesn't work for you? Why? Anyway, i am the creator for shadow mods using special-k but i am grown tired of it because of it's lack of compatibility with almost everything, i want to use ansel but special-k just disables it or crashes it.
I am trying inject textures via resorep that i have already modded but unfortunately it isn't working either.
What's your progress on Resorep?

veironn

Casual Client
Special k crashed with all of my games and always crash after 2 sec of game loading , maybe its because the ansel popup , i dont know , but the crash logs always said something about a primary render thread with error in kernelbase.dll and something else
And i use a gtx 1060 with the latest drivers in a lg tv
I only tried to use your modded files in resorep but dont work xD , have no idea what to do

Last edited:

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
Special k crashed with all of my games and always crash after 2 sec of game loading , maybe its because the ansel popup , i dont know , but the crash logs always said something about a primary render thread with error in kernelbase.dll and something else
And i use a gtx 1060 with the latest drivers in a lg tv
I only tried to use your modded files in resorep but dont work xD , have no idea what to do

Feel free to use my files, what i thought was if resorep wouldn't dump, atleast it would inject, but that doesn't seem to work.
Also disable dx12 for special-k doesn't support it. As for resorep, it is dumping but not dumping all textures, i have tried both alpha 2.0 and 1.7.0 none of them are able to show the injected textures and special-k has so much bloatware and incompatibility with everything else. Maybe raywing can help us if he is free these days.
As for ansel, special-k doesn't crash because of it, infact it disables it, so if you enable ansel in game with special-k you get a black screen and disabled input controls.

veironn

Casual Client
i have already disabled the dx12 and hdr , but nothing works , i can send the crash logs of special k if u want in a private message
i tried a lot of special k versionsand configurations too, but nothing

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
i have already disabled the dx12 and hdr , but nothing works , i can send the crash logs of special k if u want in a private message

You can send the crash log files to Kaladaien the creator of special-k you can find him on steam, he also has a steam forum for special-k i have tried asking for help with enabling ansel, i got nothing, no reply so i stopped asking, so i just use the tool for what it is.
For resorep maybe Raywing can help if he is free, i have also got comments from users that have pirated version of the game that my mods don't work, i believe it the special-k that detects pirated copies and crashes the game and unfortunately i cannot help with that as that would be illegal and breaking way too many agreements.

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron

I also found out why the textures dumped from Special-k cannot be injected with Resorep, the reason is the no.s/name of the files.
Resorep dumps in numeric format 451706014 something and Special-k dumps in alpha numeric format EA6998AF if you can find the no. corresponding to file if dumped by resorep it's just renaming that's required.

I used special-k to dump textures while passively dumping with resorep in Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. Then i modded, found the corresponding texture file from resorep dump, renamed the special-k modded file with resorep's file name and got it working, now i can use resorep with ansel instead of special-k with incompatibility and bloatware.

All we need to do is get resorep to just dump textures and it will be easy!

View attachment Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice Super-Resolution 2018.11.29 - 20.44.08.90.jpg

veironn

Casual Client
wow , u modded hellblade ! i sarched to mod it too , but no luck with resorep
But I have no idea how to find the correct names to get it work with resorep
If your hellblade mod works with resorep u could share it pls ? xD

veironn

Casual Client
could u convert this .dds names to get it work with resorep ? i know its a very big favor , but i spent all day trying to find the names and no luck xD (all of this names is in your mod files)
0DB64FB4.dds
0F7EE2D8.dds
3F42113E.dds
6AF0EB76.dds
6CB0A1C0.dds
7F74997F.dds
8F2C9E88.dds
19A2CDDB.dds
21E9AEDA.dds
38FEFBBA.dds
41D5F473.dds
48E070D3.dds
53BB0E65.dds
64A4E8B2.dds
73BB8D4E.dds
86CC0DFA.dds
121BF2E3.dds
351F6F07.dds
875C2DE1.dds
56395ACB.dds
986299E8.dds
1269765D.dds
A1512489.dds
BA7CBA42.dds
BF7DFDB7.dds
E2735355.dds
ED607642.dds

If its much only do this pls :
53BB0E65.dds
A1512489.dds
BF7DFDB7.dds
6CB0A1C0.dds
875C2DE1.dds

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
You don't have to convert, i might know why your resorep isn't working in hellblade. Extract it to
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice\HellbladeGame\Binaries\Win64 where

the HellbladeGame-Win64-Shipping.exe is and not

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice\ where HellbladeGame.exe is.

If you run resorep on main .exe it won't work, run resorep on HellbladeGame-Win64-Shipping.exe

Also if you want the files i might have to look for them again in Special-k to dump.
Here are the basic files u need to find in Resorep dump.

4252134539, 4252450025, 4252748718, 4254136876 for face.

4248840235 arms.

The rest i will have to search, i found her cloth one but forgot. Try the method first if it doesn't work i will send you the files you requested.

veironn

Casual Client
Siulo.png

veironn

Casual Client
but still no luck with the shadow of tomb raider , there is only 1 .exe to hook
i renamed EA6998AF.dds (lara face) to 451706014 .dds as u said and dont work
my game res is on 1920x1080 and texture quality in ultra , i tried hight too but nothing

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
but still no luck with the shadow of tomb raider , there is only 1 .exe to hook
i renamed EA6998AF.dds (lara face) to 451706014 .dds as u said and dont work
my game res is on 1920x1080 and texture quality in ultra , i tried hight too but nothing

Resorep only works in hellblade, had it worked in shadow i would have dumped special-k for good. There are two .exes in hellblade.
You have to hook with the win64 exe.
The only good thing about special-k is you can dump what you want.
Renaming textures from sk dump to resorep name won't work, bcs resorep itself cannot find the texture files in shadow, if it had found, it would have dumped them too.
You can only do that with hellblade.
Also you can dump low res textures like high settings with special-k so u can mod them and don't have to set textures to ultra for them to work.
I have two versions of my shadow mods for nexus, one is for high settings and one is for ultra.

veironn

Casual Client
If u test resorep 1.7.0 with sottr.exe it extract around 100-200 textures just before the loading menu ( the alpha only extract the 1.dds) , seems there is an block or a wall from the game or maybe is something wrong with the launcher . I guess only Ray can edit resorep to fix that

Eziomaverick

Potential Patron
If u test resorep 1.7.0 with sottr.exe it extract around 100-200 textures just before the loading menu ( the alpha only extract the 1.dds) , seems there is an block or a wall from the game or maybe is something wrong with the launcher . I guess only Ray can edit resorep to fix that

Yes, i have already tested resorep on shadow way back in september, the textures that it dumps are just of no use, like button layouts and others,
It cannot read the main texture files and i had also submitted log report back in the day, raywing says it's working but not working as intended and has to look into it further.

Vernyspar

Potential Patron
I tried using this with Elder Scrolls Legends (an online CCG, like hearthstone) and for some reason only the most recend texture it displays as a 1.dds in each of the folders (similar to an issue seen above).

A

Atokirina

No matter what I do, I always get the Error "NoSuchFileException: dx11proxy.dll" when adding the game.exe. I reinstalled all programms needed, own all the folders and followed all tips I could possibly find to fix the Issue and yet nothing changed. (Assassin's Creed Origins/Steam)

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I tried using this with Elder Scrolls Legends (an online CCG, like hearthstone) and for some reason only the most recend texture it displays as a 1.dds in each of the folders (similar to an issue seen above).
The 1.dds problem affects a small number of games, I've made note of it on the compatibility list on the first page. I'm not sure if resorep is still in active development though. You may have better luck with a similar tool called Special K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.