[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (5 Viewers)

Franieck

Potential Patron
I tried it but it didn't work... I'm not sure I installed it correctly though... Is there anything (logs or something like that) that I could post here so you can see whether it's an installation error or if it's just not compatible?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I tried it but it didn't work... I'm not sure I installed it correctly though... Is there anything (logs or something like that) that I could post here so you can see whether it's an installation error or if it's just not compatible?
You have a setting called "Dll log location" in the application UI. Is that file created after game launch?

livewithit

Potential Patron
I am having an odd problem with the program. Resorep starts just fine, I select the DX11 file it wants then hook my game, Arkham Knight. But when I try to launch the game it crashes and does not make any log files. I have tried versions 1.4.0, 1.5.1, and 1.6.0 Alpha 3. none of which helped.

The most odd part about this is that I had gotten working, for one day. after that my computer apparently rolled back to a restore point and I can't get it to work again even after retracing my original steps.

I am running Win7 ultimate, 64-bit (just in case it's important, my OS is installed on a separate drive than my game)

D

Daniel Ribeiro

any chance i could get a copy of 1.4 ? both 1.51 and the 1.6 alpha just crash Arkham Knight in windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I am having an odd problem with the program. Resorep starts just fine, I select the DX11 file it wants then hook my game, Arkham Knight. But when I try to launch the game it crashes and does not make any log files. I have tried versions 1.4.0, 1.5.1, and 1.6.0 Alpha 3. none of which helped.

The most odd part about this is that I had gotten working, for one day. after that my computer apparently rolled back to a restore point and I can't get it to work again even after retracing my original steps.

I am running Win7 ultimate, 64-bit (just in case it's important, my OS is installed on a separate drive than my game)
Make sure that you have Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 installed AND that you have only 64 bit version of Java installed. x86 version of Java won't work - delete it and install x64. After installation remove all hooked apps and hook again.
any chance i could get a copy of 1.4 ? both 1.51 and the 1.6 alpha just crash Arkham Knight in windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
Make sure that you have Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 installed AND that you have only 64 bit version of Java installed. x86 version of Java won't work - delete it and install x64. After installation remove all hooked apps and hook again. If that doesn't help here you are - http://www.mediafire.com/file/q73p07k5bm5gdda/Resorep_1.4.0_US.7z

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Do you think you'll add support for more directx versions (9 and 10)? there are certain games that cannot be modded with texmod and since it's dead I doubt we'll ever be able to.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Version 1.6.0 is released. It does not include changes from 1.6.0 Alpha. Main feature of this 1.6.0 release is 32-bit applications support.
Many thanks to Rainer for his contribution that fixed compilation of 32-bit version of dll.

Update procedure:
1) Launch your current unupdated version of Resorep.
2) Unhook all applications.
3) Unpack and launch new version of Resorep in different folder than old version.
4) Hook all applications.

Unfortunately I have not tested 32-bit version of dll yet. I hope it works. Please report any bugs.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
The 32 bit dll appears to force some games into Directx 9 mode and no textures extract (tested with Arkham Origins, Red Faction Guerrilla, Tomb Raider 2013.)

Deus Ex Human Revolution works perfectly with the new 32 bit dll, as do the Saints Row and Assassin's Creed Series.

Arkham City - No textures extract apart from a 1.dds in DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A16_SNORM format

I will report any other compatibles on my usual list on my google drive.

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
The 32 bit dll appears to force some games into Directx 9 mode and no textures extract (tested with Arkham Origins, Red Faction Guerrilla, Tomb Raider 2013.)

Deus Ex Human Revolution works perfectly with the new 32 bit dll, as do the Saints Row and Assassin's Creed Series.

Arkham City - No textures extract apart from a 1.dds in DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A16_SNORM format

I will report any other compatibles on my usual list on my google drive.
Thank you for the effort! I think that is not so bad for a first 32-bit release. I have also added the link to the list to the first post. Sorry that I forgot to do that earlier.

Last edited:

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Thank you for the effort! I think that is not so bad for a first 32-bit release. I have also added the link to the list to the first post. Sorry that I forgot to do that earlier.
I'm just glad you managed to sort out the compilation problems, always good to be able to mod a few more games. Hopefully you can find a way to fix the bugs that remain with textures not extracting and games crashing. I'll keep testing as new versions come out and keep the list updated, keep up the good work. :)

CoolGamer

Potential Patron
Ray,

Thanks for the 32bit version. I tried it on old games via dgVoodoo2 dx11 wrapper. I tested it on Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Pod Racer (directx 6.1) and Hitman 3 Contracts (directx 8). Resorep jar installer did work. The games do start and run, but no textures are extracted (other than one single 22kb 1.dds file). ResorepDll.log file has the sentence "Texture has no data in memory!" in every other line.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
'm just glad you managed to sort out the compilation problems, always good to be able to mod a few more games. Hopefully you can find a way to fix the bugs that remain with textures not extracting and games crashing. I'll keep testing as new versions come out and keep the list updated, keep up the good work. :)
Thank you! Actually I did nothing for fixing 32-bit compilation. It was Rainer's contribution. I only added 32/64-bit radiobuttons to Java UI.
Ray,

Thanks for the 32bit version. I tried it on old games via dgVoodoo2 dx11 wrapper. I tested it on Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Pod Racer (directx 6.1) and Hitman 3 Contracts (directx 8). Resorep jar installer did work. The games do start and run, but no textures are extracted (other than one single 22kb 1.dds file). ResorepDll.log file has the sentence "Texture has no data in memory!" in every other line.
That's sad. That log messages clearly mean that dgVoodoo2 dx11 wrapper uses other texture loading mechanism which not yet supported by Resorep.

CoolGamer

Potential Patron
Ray,

There is also a bug regarding Reshade3 compatibility of 32bit Resorep. Normally I am able to use dgvoodoo2 with Reshade3. Reshade3 uses a dxgi.dll file placed in the game folder to hook. When I have dgvoodoo2 + Resorep 32bit dll + Reshade3 32bit dxgi.dll all in the game folder, Reshade3 does not initialize at all.

I know that Reshade3 does not initialize because it does not produce its own log file.

I was able to use Reshade3 with Resorep when I did the following:
-I placed Resorep's files (32bit resorep d3d11.dll, 32bit ori_d3d11.dll, dllsettings.ini) directly into "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder
-I placed dgvoodoo2 files and Reshade3 dxgi.dll into the game folder.

I am guessing that it is a minor bug since I was able to resolve it using the above solution. Obviously it is not a good idea to mess with the SysWOW64 folder. I just did it for debugging purposes.

I also have a question regarding texture extraction. What are the names of the DX11 texture loading mechanisms that Resorep support? What are the names of the other DX11 texture loading methods?

If you can give me a list of DX11 texture loading mechanisms, I can send them to dgVoodoo2 author and ask him which ones he support.

VapidLurker

Potential Patron
I tried the latest resorep on Deux Ex: Mankind Divided and nothing happens. No error message. Nothing in the logs. It's like the hook doesn't even attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.