[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (4 Viewers)

Revcarl

Potential Patron
Hey Ray I just want to tell you how amped I a m on this modding tool you are making. keep up the good work man! :)

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Here is a new version with some fixes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a7c22cmjbg9rb8/Resorep_1.6.0_Alpha_3_US.7z
Uh oh. It looks like somehow that changes broke texture overriding functionality. Will fix that later.
Fixed that.
The new version seems to make Arkham Knight crash on startup, reverting to the old dll file and re-hooking fixed it.
Thank you for the report. Fixed that crash too (at least for Windows 7).
De-hook it with the old version, then hook it with the 1.5 version again. That worked for me.
I believe that Lazyeye007 was talking about 1.6.0 Alpha version issue.
Hey Ray I just want to tell you how amped I a m on this modding tool you are making. keep up the good work man! :)
I am glad to hear that. Thank you!

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Do you think you could make it so it puts all of the textures from hashes.log into a separate folder like modded\hashed? I think it'll be a nice middle ground to have it work like Texmod does but also work with batch extracting textures. This would remove the need to search for texture names since all the textures you want would all be in the one place.

Last edited:

Abe Abbas

Potential Patron
i keep getting this error when i try to open the resorep jar file. can anyone help with this?
upload_2017-2-2_12-13-3.png

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Do you think you could make it so it puts all of the textures from hashes.log into a separate folder like modded\hashed? I think it'll be a nice middle ground to have it work like Texmod does but also work with batch extracting textures. This would remove the need to search for texture names since all the textures you want would all be in the one place.
Could you please elaborate? Also note that there is a problem extracting texture data when it is already displayed on screen. To do that you have to change texture loading mode from write-only to read-write for all textures being loaded. And that will prevent videocard from doing some optimizations. That way while making it more convenient for modders it will affect performance of all mod users.
i keep getting this error when i try to open the resorep jar file. can anyone help with this?
View attachment 59730
Create a bat file with the following contents:
Code:
java -jar resorep.jar
and launch it as Administrator.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I meant like if you press save textures, then go into the hashing mode, the textures you hash will be moved from the original folder and placed in the hashed folder, therefore you don't need to search one at a time and all the textures you want are in the same folder. So think instead of the textures being listed in the log, they're just moved into a separate "hashed" folder, since the game would have already extracted them it should work.

Edit: As a side note, will it be possible to add support for PNG, JPG, TGA and other formats? I think that's the reason Unreal Engine 4 games don't extract textures. Very few if any UE4 games use DDS.

Last edited:

Abe Abbas

Potential Patron
Could you please elaborate? Also note that there is a problem extracting texture data when it is already displayed on screen. To do that you have to change texture loading mode from write-only to read-write for all textures being loaded. And that will prevent videocard from doing some optimizations. That way while making it more convenient for modders it will affect performance of all mod users.

Create a bat file with the following contents:
Code:
java -jar resorep.jar
and launch it as Administrator.
thank you

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I meant like if you press save textures, then go into the hashing mode, the textures you hash will be moved from the original folder and placed in the hashed folder, therefore you don't need to search one at a time and all the textures you want are in the same folder. So think instead of the textures being listed in the log, they're just moved into a separate "hashed" folder, since the game would have already extracted them it should work.
That looks doable will consider for a future version after I finish another important feature.
Edit: As a side note, will it be possible to add support for PNG, JPG, TGA and other formats? I think that's the reason Unreal Engine 4 games don't extract textures. Very few if any UE4 games use DDS.
I think that the problem with UE4 is caused by something different. AFAIK DirectX accepts only DDS format as its input. Textures could be externally stored in any format. But to pass them to videocard you have to convert them to DDS first.

D

delpo

Works for dark souls II scholar of the first sin (interestingly enough, there are some major textures I couldn't find with igp11 that resorep found, but not the other way around afaik so I guess it is superior)! Also, can someone explain why the texture changes persist even when I don't have resorep running when launching the game? Are the textures actually replaced in the game files?

One other thing for anyone who knows. I noticed that when nulling some textures, the area where the texture used to be is darkened on my character. I think this is some kind of shadowing effect, in which case I believe the only way to correct it is to modify the routine that deals with that.

Vergil

Content Creator
Also, can someone explain why the texture changes persist even when I don't have resorep running when launching the game?

There is a file inside your game folder that resorep placed there. As long as it remains there, your textures will be changed.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Works for dark souls II scholar of the first sin (interestingly enough, there are some major textures I couldn't find with igp11 that resorep found, but not the other way around afaik so I guess it is superior)! Also, can someone explain why the texture changes persist even when I don't have resorep running when launching the game? Are the textures actually replaced in the game files?
Vergil is right. Jar part of the application drops dll files into game directory. While dll is present the app works even with jar closed.
One other thing for anyone who knows. I noticed that when nulling some textures, the area where the texture used to be is darkened on my character. I think this is some kind of shadowing effect, in which case I believe the only way to correct it is to modify the routine that deals with that.
https://www.google.com/search?q=screen+space+ambient+occlusion - I believe it's that thing. I think it's independent from textures. It can be disabled in graphics settings in some games. But it greatly improves image realism when enabled.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I decided to try Alpha 3, Arkham Knight doesn't crash but nothing happens when I press Pause Break on my keyboard. Modded textures load as normal though so it's definitely still working on Windows 10, just no hashing mode. Also checked Rise of the Tomb Raider, same problem.

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I decided to try Alpha 3, Arkham Knight doesn't crash but nothing happens when I press Pause Break on my keyboard. Modded textures load as normal though so it's definitely still working on Windows 10, just no hashing mode. Also checked Rise of the Tomb Raider, same problem.
That is unexpected. I need some time to figure out why it does not work.
What key should I use if my laptop doesn't have a pause/break key?
For now it is hardcoded and can't be changed. I think later I will add key selection into jar part of the application.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
What key should I use if my laptop doesn't have a pause/break key?
Compact and notebook keyboards often do not have a dedicated Pause/Break key. These may use the following substitutes for Break : Ctrl + Fn + F11, or Fn + B, or Fn + Ctrl + B on certain Lenovo laptops and certain Dell laptops. Fn + Esc on Samsung.

Please not that Fn does NOT mean the F key and the N key. There should be a specific key marked "Fn" Often the 'hidden' Pause/Break key will have Pause/Break in the color blue,

Juls

Casual Client
I thought I would add a link to Jarfix to help out with. :smile:
Description
If you doubleclick on a jar file, and your Java application does not start, your .jar association has been hijacked. You can fix the problem with Jarfix.
Link - Jarfix

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I did not know that. It's not tested regardless. If you do test it, let me know how it turns out. I'd do it myself but I sadly don't own the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.