[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (4 Viewers)

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I tried the latest resorep on Deux Ex: Mankind Divided and nothing happens. No error message. Nothing in the logs. It's like the hook doesn't even attempt.
Works fine for me on Windows 10. Sadly the game isn't moddable yet anyway, as it suffers from the same issue as Shadow of Mordor.

Last edited:

wanderingmeatloaf

Potential Patron
lmao it works on wwe 2k17 tested it, it able to grabbed textures i have the biggest laugh now, i can say this i approve this application screw xpacker

Here's a test sample i was able to grab this replacing ugly textures that were provided by 2k
anddddd.... Yeap no more CC you can use this tool as an alternative to inject logo offline warning tho do not attempt to use your created wrestler online they wont see what you wearing only you. so this proves this software legit boss.

lol.png

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Ray,

There is also a bug regarding Reshade3 compatibility of 32bit Resorep. Normally I am able to use dgvoodoo2 with Reshade3. Reshade3 uses a dxgi.dll file placed in the game folder to hook. When I have dgvoodoo2 + Resorep 32bit dll + Reshade3 32bit dxgi.dll all in the game folder, Reshade3 does not initialize at all.

I know that Reshade3 does not initialize because it does not produce its own log file.

I was able to use Reshade3 with Resorep when I did the following:
-I placed Resorep's files (32bit resorep d3d11.dll, 32bit ori_d3d11.dll, dllsettings.ini) directly into "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder
-I placed dgvoodoo2 files and Reshade3 dxgi.dll into the game folder.

I am guessing that it is a minor bug since I was able to resolve it using the above solution. Obviously it is not a good idea to mess with the SysWOW64 folder. I just did it for debugging purposes.

I also have a question regarding texture extraction. What are the names of the DX11 texture loading mechanisms that Resorep support? What are the names of the other DX11 texture loading methods?

If you can give me a list of DX11 texture loading mechanisms, I can send them to dgVoodoo2 author and ask him which ones he support.
Actually it does not seem like a bug to me. I'm not familiar with Reshade but according to your description it uses exactly same hooking approach as Resorep. And that approach is exclusive. Only one tool at a time can hook an application like that. In order to use several such tools you must use SysWOW64 approach or modify a code one of the tools to allow them to cooperate.

Regarding texture extraction - that mechanisms are not some solid named things. By "mechanisms" I mean sets of DirectX API calls made with certain parameters. And it's rather technical and can't be explained with one word. An application may load textures using DirectX API calls in different order and with diffierent parameters. I've implemented support only for one approach that looks like most popular among game developers.

wanderingmeatloaf

Potential Patron
Test report.. amazing discovery...well sort of accidental

i know its completely unrelated with the topic but i wanna share some stuff i found regardless on WWE games.

you know what shocked me on resorep, its freaking powerful tool like legit if you know what you doing the reward is endless , i was able to actually glitch wwe2k17 to grant me access inject logo via photoshop its a bit tricky to really do it, i don't know how i made accidental discovery its a bit tedious to do but the result man oh man it was awesome when i don't have access to community creations.i was banned from that game for no reason because i uploaded hulk hogan logo >.<

upload_2017-2-28_5-16-20.png upload_2017-2-28_5-16-20.png

Steps how to trick WWE 2k17 thinking you upload picture from their crappy site
it's not a hack resorep actually trick the application that thought you use online
feature

1. make sure you got nvidia dds tool 64/32bit
2. make sure to have either photoshop cc or cs5 which ever you prefer
3. go on make create a wrestler as a reserved " Don't delete him yet"
4. here's example sizes that 2k uses http://i.imgur.com/73fdVGN.png
5. if you want to make arena etc make sure you got the right sizes with right image file
Note : so far 512x 512 is preferred
6. Then go to "Group logos" under any Create a Superstar or Cas section shirt logo or tattoos
7. go to misc logo dont worry about limitation on opacity you can change once its there on first slot is injected
8. once there make sure the compression format set to DXT5 ARGB and set to mip map generation " use existing mip maps"
9. Save the logo with Hex Number that provided and wala

Keep that in mind you need to park the logo and enter "accept" , once its in there its permanent. i tested with deleted modded texture its streamline so whatever you put there its permenant XD

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I hope you can get the other texture loading stuff working and fix the directx 9 bug. I'd really love to mod Arkham City and Origins in DX11, texmod was so difficult to use with getting LODs. I find it weird that all Unreal Engine games wont extract textures though, with Arkham Knight being the only exception to that.

H

hufduf

The 32 bit dll appears to force some games into Directx 9 mode and no textures extract (tested with Arkham Origins, Red Faction Guerrilla, Tomb Raider 2013.)
I cannot reproduce this "forced Direct3d9" bug. I tried Arkham Origins and Tomb Raider 2013 and both run in d3d11 with resorep enabled. Could it be that you forgot to place the original "ori_d3d11.dll" in the game folder?

What are the names of the DX11 texture loading mechanisms that Resorep support? What are the names of the other DX11 texture loading methods?
I see two categories of texture loading mechanisms:
1) Creating the texture with initial data.
This one is supported by resorep. It hashes the initial data to recognize textures and creates a different texture resource object, if a texture is supposed to be replaced. This method is fast and simple, but simply doesn't work if textures are not created with initial data. The important benefit is that it only requires a small part of the D3D11 API to be hooked.

2) Create an empty texture and then fill it with data later.
There are many(!) ways how games can write data to existing textures. Not all data has to be written at once, i.e. there is not necessarily all data of a texture available to the CPU during load time. Usually it's the data of one mip level, but it could be just a few pixels. Because the texture already exists, it's not simply possible to replace it by a different texture from an arbitrary file. It's only possible to write different data to it, which means you cannot resize it and you also have to create the replacement in the same format. It would be possible to redirect all draw calls to a different texture (TexMod does this), but this is not as simple in D3D11 as it was in D3D9 because of resource views.

TLDR: Supporting most games where resorep doesn't extract textures currently requires much more than just a small fix. It's certainly possible, but there are good reasons why it's not already supported.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Just re-tried Arkham Origins, Red Faction and Tomb Raider. It appears Tomb Raider still runs in DX9 mode as reported by MSI Afterburner but Batman and Red Faction now load in DX11. However batman gives a "Texture has no data in memory!" and Red Faction gives a "Failed to save texture to file" error.

Edit: I appear to have had forced DX9 through a registry tweak and forgotten about it, after deleting the tweak it runs in DX11 mode as it should and extracts textures as expected. Arkham Origins extracts no textures and Red Faction Guerrilla extracts one texture per folder, saved as 1.dds. I'm not sure what made MSI Afterburner report those as D3D9 but I don't seem to be able to reproduce it after removing the dll and adding it again.

Last edited:

TheEspio001

Potential Patron
Are you planning on optimising Resorep at all in the future, or are you just focusing on new features? Because I and several others can run certain games fine without Resorep, but once Resorep is hooked, it lags a lot. According to Task Manager it's too much load on my CPU, which means Resorep uses enough CPU to take a game from 60 to 20 FPS, which is pretty crazy in my opinion. My PC isn't the best, but it's definitely more than capable of running the game on its own, so if Resorep was eventually completely streamlined, I wouldn't have any lag issues. One other thing, the lag is there simply by Resorep being hooked, doesn't matter whether or not I'm extracting anything or running the game with any modded textures.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Are you planning on optimising Resorep at all in the future, or are you just focusing on new features? Because I and several others can run certain games fine without Resorep, but once Resorep is hooked, it lags a lot. According to Task Manager it's too much load on my CPU, which means Resorep uses enough CPU to take a game from 60 to 20 FPS, which is pretty crazy in my opinion. My PC isn't the best, but it's definitely more than capable of running the game on its own, so if Resorep was eventually completely streamlined, I wouldn't have any lag issues. One other thing, the lag is there simply by Resorep being hooked, doesn't matter whether or not I'm extracting anything or running the game with any modded textures.
Actually I took a break after 1.6.0. If i will get back to development I have to finish texture selection feature first and then could look into optimization. Could you please tell me which games get 3x FPS drop so I could test optimization related changes in these games?

BladeHunterX98

Potential Patron
Actually I took a break after 1.6.0. If i will get back to development I have to finish texture selection feature first and then could look into optimization. Could you please tell me which games get 3x FPS drop so I could test optimization related changes in these games?
To name one, Batman Arkham Knight. Even though I'm not the same person who posted before, I am having a similar problem as him. It can get so bad that my game would freeze for 15-20s from time to time as well when using the batmoblie. It would make sense though, since it's basically a massive open world without loading screens, so the faster that you travel through that world, the more CPU power needed to generate it quickly enough. My CPU is decently powerful (i5 4690k), which is probably why my overall fps doesn't drop as drastically, but I have the freezes instead. However, I can see someone who has a somewhat weaker CPU that's barely able to run a certain game as is have massive drops when resorep is added on.

P.S: This is kinda unrelated, but I thought I would ask it anyways. Would you ever consider making this compatible with ReShade? I know that since they both mess around with DirectX, they currently aren't able to run at the same time on the same .exe, however, it's just some food for thought.

Vpzneox

Potential Patron
First of All- massive thank yous to Ray for making the Amazing tool , and all those who helped making it possible.
The bad news is- it's still not possible for me to use Resorep with the Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor, because :
a) when I launch it, with hook from Resorep, and Loaded texture in specified folder, it does a CTD
and b) because once I save texture, apparently, it saves it to only one file name (1.dds) which is practically supposed to replace EVERYTHING In game.
So, as far as I understood , the problem with both points is, that when the textures of Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor are viewed by resorep, they are viewed by the same algorythm or something (i.e. the Texture always gets saved into different subfolders, but in the same filename).
I tried two things:
1) Placing the SUBFOLDER With a modified texture into modified- folder location- in which case, game loads normally, with no changes.
2) Placing the modified texture (1.dds file) Directly into modified- folder location- in which case the game crashes to Desktop before even loading.
I hope, this info helps with further work on the tool- and again, thank You for trying to make modders' community better))

09876a

Hey man, great tool! Just have a qustion about it. I'm using it with WWE 2k17, and I've got it so the game laods the modded textures when Resorep is running. Just wondering is there a way to inject logos and textures so that they appear in game without starting Resorep each time I start the game?
Thanks!

TheEspio001

Potential Patron
Personally I have only tested Resorep with Arkham Knight, as it is the only 64 bit game I own. I'll do some testing soon to see what usage I get with Resorep not hooked.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hey man, great tool! Just have a qustion about it. I'm using it with WWE 2k17, and I've got it so the game laods the modded textures when Resorep is running. Just wondering is there a way to inject logos and textures so that they appear in game without starting Resorep each time I start the game?
Thanks!
Actually you don't have to start the JAR part after you added the game once to hooked games.

fseffsef

Potential Patron
Hey really nice work! I don't really have much experience with these kind of programs and i'm trying to use this for black desert online the only problem is that it sais that d3d11.dll is missing....can you help please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.