[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (3 Viewers)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've been running resorep today with my character wearing a cash shop costume that I've been modding.
Costumes can be made up of more than one texture file, for example the one I've been working on has at least 5 different texture files and there must be a 6th one I haven't spotted yet since there's one part of the costume I can't edit so far. Some of the files are DXT1 and others DXT5, so care is needed to make sure file types are matched when saving mods.
The results of modding the different files seems to vary with resorep. Everything I changed appeared correctly at the character selection screen and/or in the character creator, but I couldn't always get them to load into the game with my character, sometimes it would simply hang 3/4 through loading.
I settled with having resorep load up 3 out of 5 of the files I had modded for the costume since this allowed me to enter the game wearing the modded costume.
Everything was going well until suddenly my character froze in mid-run, with the game world still running smoothly behind me but in front the game world was only partially rendered and a distinct border showing between.
I've screenshotted how it looked, so you can see what I mean (as well as seeing the modded costume on my character).

4MUxljO.jpg

fXSisLb.jpg

cts4DxY.jpg

I guess resorep is causing some instability in the game.
More work for you Ray, sorry.

mg5

Potential Patron
Yeah i've been trying out ResoRep with my ranger and valkyrie it freezes mid-loading into the world and crashes.

eyenight

Content Creator
I often get that freeze too. Sometimes it running fine for hours, sometimes it freeze in a few minutes. I've talked with Ray Wing about it before but we still don't know the exact reason. We're guessing it's because hash collision, but it could be something else.

And for crashed on loading screen, I think redownload the game will fix it. It happened to my PC, I deleted the game and copied it from my laptop and that fixed it.

Last edited:

gantoniapdx

Potential Patron
Can someone do the vanilla underwear files for the sorceress or tell me how to? Ive been trying with Gimp dds editor but it always results in weird prismatic patterns when I change the alpha values.

trumpdog

Vivacious Visitor
Can someone do the vanilla underwear files for the sorceress or tell me how to? Ive been trying with Gimp dds editor but it always results in weird prismatic patterns when I change the alpha values.
I could be wrong but skin is dx1 and the underwear i think would be dx5 for the alpha.
Saving the skin as dx5 or the underwaer as dx1 will cause the problem you mentioned

Last edited:

gantoniapdx

Potential Patron
Thanks that fixed it! New problem now, after applying an alpha layer there still seems to be some glass prism effect remaining that gets worse the farther the camera is from the character. Anyone know how to get rid of this?
2016-03-04_140639347.JPG

trRCPvz.jpg

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Thanks that fixed it! New problem now, after applying an alpha layer there still seems to be some glass prism effect remaining that gets worse the farther the camera is from the character. Anyone know how to get rid of this?
View attachment 48182
trRCPvz.jpg

There's more than 1 texture file you need to mod.
So far the basebody texture is the only single file I've come across when modding, everything the character wears seems to be in more than 1 file.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I've been running resorep today with my character wearing a cash shop costume that I've been modding.
Costumes can be made up of more than one texture file, for example the one I've been working on has at least 5 different texture files and there must be a 6th one I haven't spotted yet since there's one part of the costume I can't edit so far. Some of the files are DXT1 and others DXT5, so care is needed to make sure file types are matched when saving mods.
The results of modding the different files seems to vary with resorep. Everything I changed appeared correctly at the character selection screen and/or in the character creator, but I couldn't always get them to load into the game with my character, sometimes it would simply hang 3/4 through loading.
I settled with having resorep load up 3 out of 5 of the files I had modded for the costume since this allowed me to enter the game wearing the modded costume.
Everything was going well until suddenly my character froze in mid-run, with the game world still running smoothly behind me but in front the game world was only partially rendered and a distinct border showing between.
I've screenshotted how it looked, so you can see what I mean (as well as seeing the modded costume on my character).
I guess resorep is causing some instability in the game.
More work for you Ray, sorry.
Could you please send me zipped folder with all of your modded textures? I will try to reproduce that.
Hi Ray, I have win8 64bit can I use this texture?
I don't know. You may try Win 7 and Win 10 versions. One of them may work.
Yeah i've been trying out ResoRep with my ranger and valkyrie it freezes mid-loading into the world and crashes.
Could you also send me a zipped folder with all of your modded textures?

yugas

Vivacious Visitor
Hello, thank you Ray Wing for all your hard work

just a few questions regarding using GIMP 2 tool and saving the texture file
upon saving and selecting DXT1 as the compression for the file, once i go in game to check out the modded body everything is fine, but there are yellow blocks on the body that are noticeable up close, but no that much from far away, these blocks are already on the body, but they brighten up more upon saving the file. I am doing something wrong or missing a step in the procedure of modding the texture file? please help

I will release all my work once i have perfected the file if anyone wishes to have along with the customization data if anyone wishes to have
fdJeP45.jpg

just look really close to the body, you can see the small yellow blocks

FQqCIVO.jpg

modded in vagina and nails for body mod

HBu0CAH.jpg

again look really close you can see the small yellow blocks

learey_nlnl

Vivacious Visitor
My first post here, hi everyone

look really close you can see the small yellow blocks

Heya, these yellow blocks are Artefacts that are created due to the compression of DXT1 file format.
It gets worse and worse if you keep editing the file, saving it, close it in your editor, and then open the same file again and edit over and over that way.

The compression of DXT1 is pretty hard on any surface like skin, the blocks that you see are the average color of that piece of skin compressed in to a square.

What i do is take the original texture, and save it in a lossless format in paint.net or whatever program you use to edit them.
Then work from that file, you save it first in your lossles format, then convert to DXT1 or whatever is needed.
You will notice the squares will get less... But due to the nature of DXT1, you will never really get rid of them completely.

usernameprofile

Vivacious Visitor
I'm using the NA client. My game crashes during the world loading screen about more than half past the loading bar. I can view the textures in character creation.

Here's what I did:
When I did steps-
4. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
5. Choose the game executable.

I get the error message from here:

Hiya, I'm trying to use your new program in Win10 and get stuck at step 5.
I try to add the same three .exe files that Naduron has used above and also the same three files from the CBT2 game client, but each time I just get this error:

error_zpst8xensng.jpg

I got around this by following this:
It looks like Resorep UI is having troubles accessing your game directory. Thus it is unable to modify any of the the dll settings. Try to redownload the latest version and launch the Resorep UI jar as Administrator.

I changed bin64 folder security permissions to let User write and was able to add the game executable.

Then I added BDO_Nude_Ranger_Tamer_Valkyrie_Wizard, sorcerer default from BDO.rar, and renamed dds files from resorep textures. I've attached the textures I've added to the modded folder.

I'm able to view them in the character creation screen, but my game will crash when I'm about halfway loading into the game world.

I tried giving full permissions to the Black Desert Online folder. I tried re-installing BDO to C:\ instead of Program Files (x86) and then I re-installed to Documents. Still no luck. Maybe its because I'm using the NA client.

Attachments

modded.7z
4.1 MB · Views: 231

Friedslick6

Potential Patron
I'm using the NA client. My game crashes during the world loading screen about more than half past the loading bar. I can view the textures in character creation.
I'm having the same problem, although I didn't have any folder permission trouble.
Also, turning off resorep didn't disable the texture mods. I had to move the modified textures to another directory to prevent them from loading. Why is that?
Disabling the texture mods didn't fix my game crashing either... Is there a quick solution to this in the mean time? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

usernameprofile

Vivacious Visitor
I think I ran into this problem and just had to re-install the game (delete the main installation folder for Black Dragon Online and copy and pasted the whole BDO folder that I backed up). I tried to get in game without texture mods and unhooked the game executable, but I had the crash at loading screen still.

usernameprofile

Vivacious Visitor
I also tried this and got the same crash right after launch. So changing folder permissions worked for me.

I did all the steps on BDO JP, game crashed right after pmang logo. No error message. I use windows 10. I don't have dll.log file on that directory, only modded and original folders.

Friedslick6

Potential Patron
I figured out a solution. I just had to remove BlackDesert64.exe from the "Applications to hook" list in resorep.
Apologies for the blunder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.