Tera - Costume mods & Elin Nude (1 Viewer)

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
Only way you'd be able to update in realtime is if you managed to get entirely into a developer mode. You gotta suffer the re-loading of the game lol.
With gpk editing keep in mind that some .dds are DXT5 and others are DXT1 (when in doubt assume DXT5). Also other issues like images having multiple layers or image being larger than the canvas can cause unsupported format issues as well.
Keep in mind UTHelper opens the files, edits packages and then saves them. windows does not allow you to overwrite a file in use by an application because editing said files while in use could cause the program to crash, or potentially your whole system if it bugs something in your memory. You can get around that wit things like Unlocker, but that's high risk :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Naduron

Content Creator
Figured it all out now. And it does not seem you can make real-time updates. the patched gpk file is locked it seems, so you can't overwrite it.

If you are desperate so can you edit the texture in real-time with Umod, it's not recommended to use.

WhimsicalX

Potential Patron
ok, yes I know im a perve, but is there any way at all to lighten up the dark area on her ass?When you're climbing. Looks like she doesn't wipe or something. Dirty.. :rolleyes: >_>

I mean, where would that be? I can't seem to view any legs diff in UtHelper for some reason.

What do these terms mean in the gpk? "diff", "Lod2", "norm", "spec", "cstm", etc?

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
Nice job on that outfit, i didn't think i'd ever see it look decent haha.

They're all abbreviations... I don't know them all, however:

Diff = the raw texture
Lod2 = a distance texture, not sure if this is actually used, as things disappear before they get too far away anyways.
Norm = Normal map, this is for the lighting on the textures, for shadows etc without the need of actual model detail.
>playing too much with these in raw image editors like gimp has proved to be problematic, a sit results in weird compression (blockiness) due to normal maps being limited in colour spectrum. though i recently found out that my photoshop has a Nvidia plugin which renders normal maps, meaning i might be able to fix the issue in my current normal maps. (see my shiny elins preview to understand what i mean)​
Spec = iono exactly, but it affects the sort of 'shine' things have when not in direct light
>recommended not to play around with, as it can mess stuff up if you don't know what you're doing. even my editing is limited to copy/pasting segments from other files.​
Cstm = the masking used for the dyable sectors of the texture
Mask = i haven't figured out exactly what it's masking, but it seems to only colour the areas where skin would be, perhaps for the skin toning from the character designer.
>playing with this can have strange results​
___
MI = i have no idea what this is.
Skel = the bones setup for animation etc (i'm presuming)
Can't edit these.

"Steam Read Error" in UtHelper
There is only one way i know of to fix the Stream Read Error problem.
You cannot do it through UThelper.
You have to get umodel (UE Viewer) for viewing the textures in cubes as well as the full models. You find the full model which has the textures you need, then hit Ctrl+X to extract them (if you do so on the model rather than cube you will get the diff, norm, etc). Once you've done so you can edit the textures and then import them into the GPK through UThelper and they will no longer have the Stream Read Error.

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
Someone told me at some point that one of my links had the wrong version or w/e i was going to fix it then got sidetracked . . . For the life of me i can't remember which @.@
Whoever that was if you could remind me? XD

ji12

Potential Patron
WTB Quandary Bazaar templates . . .

THIS.... WHY did they take this out of the game.... The plate armor set of this was my favorite in game, and possible best for all races, female and male, but especially Elins....

My Regent set is templated with this, and I will keep it forever since the Template is gone now.

Goodbye Platinum Armor w/Gold Trim.... (sad)

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
Someone told me at some point that one of my links had the wrong version or w/e i was going to fix it then got sidetracked . . . For the life of me i can't remember which @.@
Whoever that was if you could remind me? XD
Fixed pimpkin on bow: PC_Event_16 (show).gpk

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
Added changes to the new elin snowbelle costumes ~

Edit: how about that, i decided to give a bonus! I took the skirt and fur off the one for all the other races in an additional version.

JUDGE

Potential Patron
It's the R17 (nopan version) even for me it still shows pants. I've downloaded both and they both seem the same.

FalconEX

Potential Patron
I've tried both as well. The skirt goes from red to translucent, but the panties remain solid red. Any ideas?

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
They worked for me last I tried them . . . I haven't really been playing Tera at all lately unfortunately.
I'll mess with them sometime in the future. If you wanna try looking into it, it may have something to do with the versions, BHS might have changed something in a recent update, that sounds like a _spec glitch...

Edit: no i tried the santa suit. The skin pretty much stops right at the suit.

Dream Angel

Content Creator
Modder
Author
Editor

brantkin

Potential Patron
Please forgive me and my noobieness. But what does r17 mean? i seen it come up a few times. I tried to search tera r17 to figure out what he means. But i couldn't find anything on the subject :S. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dream Angel

Content Creator
Modder
Author
Editor
Please forgive me and my noobieness. But what does r17 mean? i seen it come up a few times. I tried to search tera r17 to figure out what he means. But i couldn't find anything on the subject :S. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

58 armor Azure

FalconEX

Potential Patron

The r17 corresponds to the update on the 1st page for the Christmas outfits. Each of the equipment sets has an identifier with it if you look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.