Scarlet Blade Mods (1 Viewer)

G

Gandalf

If you can tell me how to edit the .dds files in Photoshop then yes I could do it.

No one told me how to use an editing program i taught myself and you're missing the point your comment was rude.
At least he's making his own mods instead of unfairly criticizing the work of others.

IeviKokonoe

Potential Patron
After checking out Scarlet Blade FB page they have changed the design of the sentinel I was hoping they was gonna change it back to the KR version but I guess not.

Attachments

• 285722_344144449038626_293984220_n.png
    285722_344144449038626_293984220_n.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 475
  • olhug.png
    olhug.png
    630.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:

KKHTA

Potential Patron
I don't think any information on when beta will start has been posted. There is a forum you can access from the main site that usually have info the front page doesn't have.

I personally can't wait to get back in the game. I got so caught up in my character that I forgot to test out the other classes.

Nezumi

Potential Patron
Word of caution. A GM related to the game has outright said they will militantly pursue use of this mod. Said GM is kind of a jackass, too, who's been openly hostile and insulting toward anyone who's concerned about the censorship, including framing restoring it to the Korean version as the "real" censorship, since the devs are the ones who decided on the changes to the Sentinel for global release. Even changed one of my topic titles in order to try to make his point about how it's censorship and insulting to the artists.

Nezumi

Potential Patron
Let me clarify. He's said the Aeria Games (the publisher of the Global release) will pursue use of decensor mods -- they will actively look for and ban users of such mods. (As opposed to TERA EU/NA where they have an open policy of looking the other way unless you're blatant about it) And he's also just generally a jackass, which was something I felt like mentioning.

Devs have nothing to do with the issue, beyond being related to what he's being a jackass about.

meeru

Potential Patron
Let me clarify. He's said the Aeria Games (the publisher of the Global release) will pursue use of decensor mods -- they will actively look for and ban users of such mods. (As opposed to TERA EU/NA where they have an open policy of looking the other way unless you're blatant about it) And he's also just generally a jackass, which was something I felt like mentioning.

Devs have nothing to do with the issue, beyond being related to what he's being a jackass about.

Sooo let me get this straight, the game has nudity in it already, yet they will ban you for adding a tiny bit more.. WTF??

Nezumi

Potential Patron
Well, I haven't specifically asked about the nude mods -- though his response suggests they'll be pursued too -- but the one that restores the Sentinel to the Korean version? He says they'll actively ban people who do. And also calls it censorship.

Policy on Censor Mods? | Scarlet Blade

Here's his post on the matter. And no, that's not a typo in the topic title. It was originally titled about "Decensor mods", but he changed it to "make his point" about how trying to play the game as originally designed is the "real" censorship. This is not the only time he's been hostile, patronizing, and dismissive over the issue of the Sentinel censorship, either -- he's also said that people who care about that aren't mature enough to play, for starters. I've actually reported him to Aeria Games because of his abusive behavior.

meeru

Potential Patron
That last line of his made me laugh sooo freaking hard cause of the hypocritical nature in it... aren't they the ones who didn't like the original in the first place and changed it, and us being the ones saying that to them???

IeviKokonoe

Potential Patron
He is just a GM warrior that thinks he is cool because he can abuse his forum powers. The people at Aeria are a complete joke letting LivePlex censor the sentinel in the first place and I wish them all the best with the future sentinel threads to come :D

That being said I would not really worry about the modification of the game client you really think they are gonna look for people that did it

Nezumi

Potential Patron
That last line of his made me laugh sooo freaking hard cause of the hypocritical nature in it... aren't they the ones who didn't like the original in the first place and changed it, and us being the ones saying that to them???

The official line (which may or may not be true, I don't know) is that Aeria Games had nothing to do with the censorship. They're receiving the game as-is from the developers, and it was their own decision to censor their game.

Naduron

Content Creator
The official line (which may or may not be true, I don't know) is that Aeria Games had nothing to do with the censorship. They're receiving the game as-is from the developers, and it was their own decision to censor their game.

Nah just a bad excuse from Aeria, when they first picked it up and saw Sentinel so were they disgusted when they saw the cute girl, Tactic even made jokes about censoring the girl in October.
so it's obvious that Tactic asked for censor on the Seintinel and Liveplex said "Okey but we will decide on the design on the censoring, so it will fit the lore."

And their GM's cant be trusted either, they don't even know what Tactic has said and what tactic will do with the game.
its as if they never speak with each other, so it's not point to try to listen to them, just read posts from tactic.

Nezumi

Potential Patron
Nah just a bad excuse from Aeria, when they first picked it up and saw Sentinel so were they disgusted when they saw the cute girl, Tactic even made jokes about censoring the girl many months ago.
so it's obvious that Tactic asked for censor on the Seintinel and Liveplex said "Okey but we will decide on the design on the censoring, so it will fit the lore."

And their GM's cant be trusted either, they don't even know what Tactic has said and what tactic will do with the game.
its as if they never speak with each other, so it's not point to try to listen to them, just read posts from tactic.

Who exactly is this "Tactic"?

meeru

Potential Patron
Product Manager - He is the one that decides what will happend with the game, if he wants it censored all he needs to do is to send a PM to Liveplex.

And he posted this in October.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy177/gmtactics/sentinel_NEW_CENSORED.jpg

Okay WTF is that??? Makes me want to cut my eyes out.

edit: none the less im starting to lose all faith in this company and as much as i do want to try/play this game, i doubt i will if it has GM's/developers/product mangers/whatever like that

Malamasala

Potential Patron
I actually read that GM post completely differently.

He says we are allowed to do whatever we want to (As in mod the game), they'll just act on it if they find out about it by you showing it to their face, or some really crazy stalkers find and report a screenshot from you.

But I do agree that he is funny with how he talks about respecting the developers art. Like anyone at Liveplex would be bothered to hear "We love your game, and reverse engineered the English version in your honor".

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.