Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (2 Viewers)

DrZombi

Content Creator
I'm definitely a noob here, but I'm trying not to be a pest: I can't seem to get this mod working with the loader.
I obviously haven't got this right, but this is what I've done:
- I downloaded the latest version (4.08)
- I put the .swf file in /Mods/$INIT$/
- I edited the /Mods/$INIT/Mods.TXT to include DialogueActions at the bottom.
- I launch the loader.swf in Flash player
...and nothing new ever loads in the Loader tab...
I swear I've read over all the beginners guides and can find nothing that might help me. Any thoughts?

This is a "silent mod". Nothing's meant to be displayed in any tab :wink:
You did it correct and now you just have a bunch of new triggers useable in dialogues. If you want to be sure that DA is well loaded, and see what's new, you can use my Trigger Tester Dialogue. You'll find it in my Helper Bundle (see my signature).

Jaxx

Content Creator
Sorry how do I use and open charcodes in dialogue? Unable to figure it out...
Code:
YOUR_TRIGGER_LINE:"your spoken|thought text here[LOAD_CHARCODE]"{"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"your_charcode_here"}}
[LOAD_CHARCODE] is not really mandatory, but it helps to define when exactly it will be triggered if it has to be in the middle of a text line

DrZombi

Content Creator
Code:
YOUR_TRIGGER_LINE:"your spoken|thought text here[LOAD_CHARCODE]"{"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"your_charcode_here"}}
[LOAD_CHARCODE] is not really mandatory, but it helps to define when exactly it will be triggered if it has to be in the middle of a text line

Yes, but depending on the way you want the charcode to load, you want to use [LOAD_CHARCODE], [LOAD_CHARCODE2] or [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] :wink:

Jaxx

Content Creator
Yes, but depending on the way you want the charcode to load, you want to use [LOAD_CHARCODE], [LOAD_CHARCODE2] or [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE]
Let him starts with the basics, don't try to confuse him, especialy when you don't mention that [LOAD_CHARCODE2] and [LOAD_FULLCHARCODE] do not allow to call another line :grin:

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
Wait sorry I've run into a problem (SORRY). Charcode constantly loads the first character i used in the dialogue, instead of the new charcode in that line...

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
DrZombi DrZombi I'm using your loader since sby's one lags my laptop out too much. However, when I use the "VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_da.charcode.load" method, the clothes will not go away... new blush mascara even guy's clothes change but her school uniform won't... Is there something I'm doing wrong?

...Sorry for being a pest

DrZombi

Content Creator
DrZombi DrZombi I'm using your loader since sby's one lags my laptop out too much. However, when I use the "VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_da.charcode.load" method, the clothes will not go away... new blush mascara even guy's clothes change but her school uniform won't... Is there something I'm doing wrong?

...Sorry for being a pest

The school uniform from my bundle is in the body section of moreclothing, which is lot loadable through the [LOAD_CHARCODE] or [VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_da.charcode.load] triggers which call a specific loading method written by Pim_gd Pim_gd for DialogueActions and does not include that sby's specific code.

You may want to put your charcode in a "set":{"da.charcode.load":"blabla-code"} and use [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] which calls directly the SDT loading mechanism exactly as if you were loading your charcode through the SDT GUI.

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
The school uniform from my bundle is in the body section of moreclothing, which is lot loadable through the [LOAD_CHARCODE] or [VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_da.charcode.load] triggers which call a specific loading method written by Pim_gd Pim_gd for DialogueActions and does not include that sby's specific code.

You may want to put your charcode in a "set":{"da.charcode.load":"blabla-code"} and use [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] which calls directly the SDT loading mechanism exactly as if you were loading your charcode through the SDT GUI.
That did work but now no new dialogue appears, just an empty "speak" bubble. That is what JaxFRA said... but it there any way to circumvent this?

DrZombi

Content Creator
That did work but now no new dialogue appears, just an empty "speak" bubble. That is what JaxFRA said... but it there any way to circumvent this?

Once the [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] has loaded your charcode, the dialogue line is "broken" ans the dialogue system waits for new entries. So if you're waiting you'll have a general line triggering, if you make her suck you'll have a vigorous or if you use a [RESET_RESIST] you'll have a resistance line, etc...

You can find some examples of how I worked that around in my bundle (just open my dialogues and search for [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] for example. You may some things in Shape-Shifting Succubus and Fin de Soirée at least. I usually set a variable before loading the charcode and then I have specific general/resistance lines to intercept and put the dialogue back on its trails. But yep, that's heaaaaaavy just for that. But that is the pric eyou have to pay for using cool body mods ^^

Jaxx

Content Creator
Yeah, that's the inconvenience with [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] and [LOAD_CHARCODE_2].
Depending on what you do, you can use several workarounds, just like general, resistance, first_throat and so on, just like DrZombi said.
But if your character is locked with something like [POSITION_CUSTOM_off_50_100] from the CustomAutomation Mod and no action has been performed yet, care to add an intro line to catch the next event, for no general line will fire in this case.

I often check in the dialogue log in different circumstances to see what kind of trigger lines are fired in order to chose the best lines to write.
By doing so, you'll also understand a lot about how SDT works, what kind of lines it queues and when...
For example, in one of my projects, I noticed some lines wouldn't fire as they should and when they should, because SDT was trying to fire other trigger lines type that weren't satisfied (a vigorous trigger line taking too long cuz SDT was trying to fire an held line that didn't exist). So I happened to write some filling lines with less significant actions to make the scenario smoother.

I'm drifting off topic but this tip might save some time to dialogue writers :wink:

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
I worked around it by using the increasing variable trick coupled with intro i.e. intro:"[*part*intro]", where I set that portion of the dialogue to a unique part just before I entered the scene. It takes a bit slow to trigger but better than nothing! However, when using dialogue checker to check my dialogue it says that the triggers "[HIDE_HER], [HIDE_HAIR], [SHOW_HER], [SHOW_HAIR] and invalid but these triggers work in the game! Is it not supposed to or is that a bug with dialoguechecker? Using the latest version too.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Yes, I use the same trick when the man transforms into a beast in Fin de Soirée, but I also put it on resistance lines because people tend to move the mouse when they get impatient and so the dialogue goes back on trails faster.

Concerning DialogueChecker, it does not know my triggers on itself if you do not give it the .JSON file which is included with MoreTriggers. You then ad the file to the includes.txt like you would do with any other mod. You need to use the downloaded version of DC and not the online one I think. You have all the details in DC's documentation or in my MoreTriggers Notes.txt (at the end).

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
Thank you very much for your constant help...
I have another one though. Is it possible to reset his "pleasure %".
By pleasure I mean the % of his cum trigger(?).
What I'm thinking is I turn on cum_block, pre_cum animation triggers, next bit of dialogue occurs and he's back to zero pleasure.
Anyway to do this without needing to wait a lengthy time for him to go back to zero? Sorry for the poorly worded question.

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
Thx!! Sorry I forgot to ask before but what about reducing the amount that the animtool position pleasure increases by thrust or movement etc?
I tried some random stuff but nothing seemed to work. Sorry for being a noob at this lmao.

Jaxx

Content Creator
Don't worry, we all started from scratch one day.
If it's an oral position, there is not much you can do to change the pleasure increase.
If not, when you're setting up a position with animtools, you will find 2 options in page 3, named "pleasure from body contact" and "pleasure from contact mult". You'll have to try different settings with this second option to change the pleasure increase with your position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.