Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (1 Viewer)

Onehandedpete

Potential Patron
Hey, I'm trying to load DA4.08 and it pops up an error saying "dialogue actions api not found" am I missing a file/doing something wrong? I've got the swf in "init" and the filename added to "mods".

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hey, I'm trying to load DA4.08 and it pops up an error saying "dialogue actions api not found" am I missing a file/doing something wrong? I've got the swf in "init" and the filename added to "mods".

Maybe it's not DA which pops this error ?
Did you try to load a dependent mod before loading DA ? This could be Colin's Automation Mod, More Triggers, HuniePopAudioTriggers or any other mod relying on DA'a API.
All these mods need to be loaded AFTER DA :smile:

Onehandedpete

Potential Patron
Maybe it's not DA which pops this error ?
Did you try to load a dependent mod before loading DA ? This could be Colin's Automation Mod, More Triggers, HuniePopAudioTriggers or any other mod relying on DA'a API.
All these mods need to be loaded AFTER DA :smile:
Hm. Could be moretriggers... thanks. I'll see what happens later.

Durgadurg159

Potential Patron
Hi, everyone. Although I'm not new to SDT, I've never done a lot of modding or ever used this mod in particular, so, I was wondering if anyone could explain how to install and begin to use this exactly? I've downloaded SDTDialogueActionsv4.09dev5.zip and followed the txt file "HOW TO INSTALL", but am still lost. I put the .swf in $INIT$ and put it's name in Mods.txt. How do I load this or know that I've loaded it correctly? The only other mod that I load is animtools and how I load that is through Adobe Flash Player 17 by loading Loader.swf. (Loader.v5.45d.ModGuy\Loader.swf). Sorry if this sounds really newbie and is inconvenient but I'm really lost.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I was wondering if anyone could explain how to install and begin to use this exactly?
If you're looking to play through existing dialogues (as opposed to writing new dialogues of your own) then the simplest approach is to download a ready-made pack. For example: WeeWillie's Slave Bazaar and Slingerbult's dialogue bundle each include a copy of the dialogueActions mod, animtools mod, and various supporting mods and scripts. You should be able to play them out-of-the-box simply by running the Loader.swf file, allowing the game to initialize, and then choosing the desired story from the character roster.

Durgadurg159

Potential Patron
If you're looking to play through existing dialogues (as opposed to writing new dialogues of your own) then the simplest approach is to download a ready-made pack. For example: WeeWillie's Slave Bazaar and Slingerbult's dialogue bundle each include a copy of the dialogueActions mod, animtools mod, and various supporting mods and scripts. You should be able to play them out-of-the-box simply by running the Loader.swf file, allowing the game to initialize, and then choosing the desired story from the character roster.

Ah, okay, I understand now. I figured it was a loader that would appear in the SDT menu like animtools where you could load dialogues. My bad. While I'm not really interested in using other people's pre-made dialogue and a little too lazy to write my own through script, I have a couple of specific questions. How would I go about making dialogue appear for just about any action in compatibility to animtools? What I mean is, for an example, if I am using a doggstyle position and he pulls out and cums on her ass, how would I get her to still recognize he came on her and say anything? It appears she only recognizes it if he cums on her face, in her mouth, or down her throat, but seemingly not anywhere else. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

stuntcock

Content Creator
if I am using a doggstyle position and he pulls out and cums on her ass, how would I get her to still recognize he came on her and say anything?
There's no quick-and-easy solution. I though that we had gained a CUM_ON_BODY linetype from one of the extension mods, but I can't find any evidence of it.

You can visit sby's thread and ask him to add that feature to the animtools mod. Or you could peruse the animtools source code, splice in the desired feature, compile a new SWF, and then use it for your own gameplay (and/or submit your work to @sby for inclusion in the official mod).

Alternatively, you could study the script used in dialogues and write a "clever" narrative. You'd need to keep track of the bodyentered and bodyexited events so that you know the current location of the penis. Then you could setup two sets of pre_cum lines based on this fork (e.g. "Please ejaculate inside me" vs "Please ejaculate on my buttocks") via check statements. Each of these lines would be followed by a matching acknowledgement line, to be displayed a few seconds later (e.g. "Congratulations for ejaculating inside me" vs "Congratulations for ejaculating on my buttocks").

Please note that I'm not a dialogue author. The proposed dialogue script is susceptible to errors -- if the player pulls out after seeing the "cum inside me" line then they'll still see the creampie followup message a few seconds later. There are probably ways of achieving this goal which are less difficult and/or more reliable. Please talk to a few of the veteran authors in the Dialogue area for more information.

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Could you implement a textual replacement for spaces (ex: _space20_ in moreclothing v6_9) ( more information including details about what i am trying to do, the problem i am having, why its happening, and sby's solution can be found Here.)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Deltavoid Deltavoid
You cannot put spaces in triggers. I will not add support for this.

Pester sby to allow moreclothing's dialogue triggers to be able to take a variable name; you can then make use of APPENDVARBYNAME triggers in DA, allowing you to make your own "space20" variable.

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Deltavoid Deltavoid
You cannot put spaces in triggers. I will not add support for this.

Pester sby to allow moreclothing's dialogue triggers to be able to take a variable name; you can then make use of APPENDVARBYNAME triggers in DA, allowing you to make your own "space20" variable.
I know you can't use spaces. I am not asking for support. Also APPENDVARBYNAME will not help me in any way shape or form. I am trying to use the variable *YOU* to allow for user input. An Example from my dialogue is [MoreclothingBody*YOU*]. Typing in ON_Female Help obviously does not work. Instead you have to type ON_Female_space20_Help for this to work. I can not use APPENDVARBYNAME as this gets typed in one box. I have intentions of using this for more than just more clothing and it would definitely be helpful to others in the future. It would make more sense to put such a feature in a Dialogue mod instead of a clothing mod. If I could figure out how to, I would write my own extention for it (as it would allow me much more freedom), but I have several things that I need to figure out (such as what each _loc_ variable does, how to access variables and pass data from mod to mod, and how to use as3compiler.) Any program should know all too well, It's no easy feat for a beginner to pick up a complex language (especially compiled ones like VB, C#, Java, and AS3) when using such limited tools like, notepad++, adobe's online as3 tutorials, as3compiler, and ffdecompiler. My experiences with programming are with HTML, CSS, JS, and some languages in (g)zdoom (decorate, Voxeldef, and modeldef are my stronger points). Flash is completely different and is totally foreign. So in order to continue moving forward with my dialogue i need a textual replacement for the space(or have all spaces removed from the files and mess up everyone else's dialogues, characters, etc.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Deltavoid Deltavoid I'll make something like
Code:
da.her.name
da.her.namePossessive
da.him.name
da.him.namePossessive
[SPLITSTRING_source_targetObjectVariable] 
[SPLITSTRINGBYNAME_sourceVariable_targetObjectVariable] 
[SPLITSTRINGBYNAEM_sourceVariable_targetObjectVariable]
where the SPLITSTRING's output is targetObjectVariable.length and targetObjectVariable.charAt.0, targetObjectVariable.charAt.1, targetObjectVariable.charAt.2 ... to targetObjectVariable.charAt.(length -1)

Sound good? Then you'd be able to split the players name into characters, check if each character is a space, if so, [APPENDVARBYNAME_total_space20var], else [APPENDVARBYNAME_total_targetObjectVariable.charAt.*i*] and then pass the resulting string (total) into moreclothing.

I'd try to take a look this evening at whether I can implement something like this.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Code:
initial_settings:{"i":0, "base":"result.charAt.", "x":"bananas are tasty", "space":" "}
intro:"[split]"
split:"Splitting *x* into single characters...[SPLITSTRINGBYNAEM_x_result][print]"
print:"[SETVAR_i_0][printChar_INSTANT]"
printChar_INSTANT:"[SETVARBYNAEM_varname_base][APPENDVARBYNAEM_varname_i][printCharCheck_INSTANT]"
printCharCheck_INSTANT:"[SETVARBYNAEM_currentChar_*varname*][printChar*i == result.length*_INSTANT]"
printChar0_INSTANT:"[printCharText*currentChar == space*]"
printChar1_INSTANT:"[printCharDone]"
printCharText0:"*currentChar*...[SETVAR_i_+=1][printChar_INSTANT]"
printCharText1:"next word... [SETVAR_i_+=1][printChar_INSTANT]"
printCharDone:"Done."

This works on my local version, just gotta add the variables I mentioned.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Deltavoid Deltavoid v4.09dev9 is on bitbucket
Changelog:
- Breaking part of vanilla SDT compatibility; If a variable is set to a single space, rather than incrementing the variable by 0, DialogueActions will now set the variable to a single space.
- Added [SPLITSTRING_stringLiteral_localTargetObjectVariable] trigger. Assigns the length of the string literal to targetObjectVariable.length, and each of its individual characters to targetObjectVariable.charAt.<number>. Strings are 0 indexed, so "apple" will turn into charAt.0=a, charAt.1=p, charAt.2=p, charAt.3=l, charAt.4=e, length=5
- Added [SPLITSTRINGBYNAME_localVariable_localTargetObjectVariable] trigger. Performs SPLITSTRING on the contents of localVariable.
- Added [SPLITSTRINGBYNAEM_localVariable_localTargetObjectVariable] trigger. Alias for SPLITSTRINGBYNAME to prevent issues with *ME* inserts.
- Added da.her.name {read only} - *ME* as a variable.
- Added da.her.namePossessive {read only} - *MY* as a variable.
- Added da.him.name {read only} - *YOU* as a variable.
- Added da.him.namePossessive {read only} - *YOUR* as a variable.

R

roflcopters270

how exactly am i suppose to install this? im useing the sby loader pack so like what am i suppose to do?

Deltavoid

Content Creator
@roflcopters270 I believe there are instructions (of some sort) floating somewhere around here. If you are new to the loader, check out the guides provided with the loader pack, or Huitznahua's SDT newbie guide

if not, then place it the $init$/ folder and add it to mods.txt. (I have mine right under the TemplateExpansion)

--------------------------------------------

Pim_gd Pim_gd there is a bug with [PUSSYDRIP] trigger in 4.09 dev9. It repeatedly tries to call the trigger and locks up the dialogue. this only happens when there is no specified time argument. [PUSSYDRIP_<time argument>] works fine, and turning off dialogue for a few seconds should stop it, so its not "too" big a problem.

Last edited:

Deltavoid

Content Creator
It seems DA doesn't support loading charcodes from variables (or atleast I can't seem to do it in v4.09dev9 or 10). This would be really helpful as it would tidy up dialogues that constantly switch out full codes or span multiple files(requiring the code to be defined only once). It would also provide a work around for problems with mods in dialogues that change sdt settings via DA variables. (example: the breast growth potion in Weewillie's Slave Bazaar with BreastExpPlus)
Maybe I am doing something wrong here, and da already does support charcodes stored in variables, or its just a bug with the dev versions of da, but I have tried all three forms of the [LOAD_CHARCODE] triggers, charcodes with spaces, charcodes without spaces, vanilla codes, loader codes, partial codes, and still nothing. I could really use this since BEP is too locked up. there's no dynamic variables, triggers, or settings. once the settings are loaded, eveything is locked in place, set to static values. It takes forever to load games. I would like a better way. Sby suggested charcodes, which could work, but i need variables. i mean i could write 151+ lines of {"set":{"da.charcode.load":"superbellysize:<number>"}, "style":"HimAlt3"}, but that would be a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.