Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (2 Viewers)

DrZombi

Content Creator
DI0 is your line name, this is not a variable. I don't get what you mean by "if DI0 is 0". DI0 does not hold any value :-/

Also, your buttonon line seems useless as you can chain BUTTONALL_OFF and BUTTONX_ON with no problem.
Here is an example of a menu initializing line taken from my dialogue template:

setup_menu_undress_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_OFF][BUTTON*8 x ( useUndressButton == 1 )*_ON][BUTTON*7 x ( undressGP1Count > 0 )*_ON][BUTTON*6 x ( undressGP2Count > 0 )*_ON][BUTTON*5 x ( undressGP3Count > 0 )*_ON][BUTTON*4 x ( undressGP4Count > 0 )*_ON][BUTTON*3 x ( undressGP5Count > 0 )*_ON][BUTTON1_ON][*followingLine*]" {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.button8.name":"Any","da.button7.varname":"undressGroup1","da.button6.varname":"undressGroup2","da.button5.varname":"undressGroup3","da.button4.varname":"undressGroup4","da.button3.varname":"undressGroup5","da.button1.name":"Back"}}

Hope you'll find this useful !

Lokar

Potential Patron
what i mean by "if DI0 is 0" its that if the check that happens on that line returns 0 than it wont go down to DI1 to check if BlackM is 0 or not

DrZombi

Content Creator
what i mean by "if DI0 is 0" its that if the check that happens on that line returns 0 than it wont go down to DI1 to check if BlackM is 0 or not

Ah yes ! That's right. That's why I used the [BUTTON*8 x ( useUndressButton == 1 )*_ON] trick to address all the button checks in one single line. If the expression between the parenthesis is true, then it is == 1. and 1 * 8 = 8 so BUTTON8_ON.
And if the expression is false then 8 * 0 = 0 but there is no BUTTON0 so we don't care :grin:

DrZombi

Content Creator
oooooh ok, i can use this. thanks

You're welcome :smile:
If you want to use multiplication in your dialogue, don't forget that the * operator is not available and that you'll have to define the following in your initial settings:

initial_settings:{"x":"*",

Again, don't hesitate to use my dialogue template if you want, I've not written it only for me :smile:

DrZombi

Content Creator
it says Dialogue Actions API not found not sure what i did wrong

Could you please explain a little bit more what you were trying to do when you got this message ?
(But it seems that you did not load DialogueActions before doing what you were trying to do)

rinzler

Potential Patron
i took the api.txt file and the swf file for dialogue actions and placed them both in the mod loader $INIT$ folder then changed the mod.txt file appropriately afterwards i tried to add a mod called huniepop audio triggers funny enough by you i added it to the mod.txt file and added the
.mod file to the same folder when i loaded the game the mod doesnt seem to do anything and it states the previously mentioned message

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i took the api.txt file and the swf file for dialogue actions and placed them both in the mod loader $INIT$ folder then changed the mod.txt file appropriately afterwards i tried to add a mod called huniepop audio triggers funny enough by you i added it to the mod.txt file and added the
.mod file to the same folder when i loaded the game the mod doesnt seem to do anything and it states the previously mentioned message
make sure the dialog actions entry in the mods.txt is before the entry for hunnie pop.
also, use a period or something once in a while.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
I suspect I found a bug in the new version 4.07. The following line works just just fine when I use version 4.06 but refuses to give the least sign of live when I use version 4.07:
Code:
button1:"Mine!" {"style":"him", "set":{"da.dialogue.load":"Lesson1/Dialogue.txt"}}
Bug or feature?

thaanks in advance and kind regards,
Me

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Yeaaaah that's broken in v4.07, I added a quick dev release v4.08 with the fix in the hope there'd be more bug reports (so I can have 1 release that fixes multiple things) but there aren't, so I should just get to releasing v4.08 properly. .... Like, tomorrow, for instance (it's late right now).

Pim_gd

Content Creator
January 15, 2016
Introducing v4.08 of DialogueActions!
- Fixed a bug with da.dialogue.load introduced in v4.07.
Link in OP. Alternatively, get the latest version from the downloads page of the BitBucket repo.

A bit late of a release - I had the bug fixed in about 2 hours after releasing v4.07. And I was kinda expecting there to be more bugs, so I kept this release waiting for other bug reports... except I didn't get any, just "da.dialogue.load is broken" multiple times. So, a single bugfix it is.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Hmm, you're not really a fan of the resource manager? Just asking ...
DA has been a multi user project with other people doing some input, which is why i think it is on there in the first place. besides a clean interface for end users (which is covered by the forum posts), it still does what it needs to

also i prefer a 3rd party system for any longer projects, usually less subject to change in terms of losing stuff as that is their specific service (as apposed to undertow which is a forum)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hmm, you're not really a fan of the resource manager? Just asking ...
sby is right; we shouldn't expect every person (or every project) to use the resource manager.

I find the RM useful (moreso for "consumers" than "producers") but I know that it represents a vulnerability for content-creators. If the Undertow website suddenly vanished then it would take a lot of work to recover and re-share everything. If someone decides to leave Undertow acrimoniously (because of an argument with staff members, or accusations of plagiarism, or whatever) then they'd need to spend time taking down their work and reuploading it elsewhere. There are advantages in hosting your work on a more neutral and reliable filehost ... so long as the filehost doesn't turn evil (e.g. Solidfiles).

If people are sharing their work exclusively via forum-post attachments then I'd consider the RM to be superior (because both of those options are susceptible to loss-of-data, but the RM is more accessible for consumers). If someone has already setup a repository, or a cloud/filehost/torrent arrangement, then there's no reason to bother them about switching. They already know what they're doing, and they've found a workflow which fits their needs :)

Also: the Update model used by the RM is suitable for SDT content files (such as costumes) which rarely get patched. For an actively-developed piece of software, the RM would be a poor fit. Imagine if everyone used the RM and you tried to browse for "most recent" files -- the first few pages would be dominated by tiny incremental updates to various mods. New content files would get buried, and new artists would receive less attention than their work deserves.

It's much more appropriate for software projects to use formal repositories -- with multi-author support, file diff operations, Pull requests, commit comments, formal bug reports, etc... If the developers of those projects choose to publish major releases via the RM then that's fine; if they prefer to share the latest download link via forum posts then that's OK also; if they just offer a permanent link to the repo and then notify people about major updates then that's cool.

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks for the update.

For the requests in the OP I'd vote for:

1 vote (AaRL) - add "[BALLS_TWITCH]" as trigger - like [BOUNCE_TITS], but now his balls.
This would be very nice. My top choice of the five.

1 vote (AaRL) - [BREATHE_NORMAL]/[BREATHE_HEAVY] for making her breathe at different rates
This would also be very nice. My second choice of the five listed in the OP.

1 vote (denirth) - variables for ejaculation last locations, as well as fixing ejaculation linetype
Might be useful, not sure. Depends on how it was implemented. (If it would allow Her to comment on where the last ejaculation landed on Her it would be interesting, but I won't think this is actually what the original requester as envisioning.)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Hell, man, I've completely overseen this feature request thing! :o

Here are my votes:

<3 Want have! <3 Want have! <3 Want have! <3 Want have! <3
  • [BREATHE_NORMAL]/[BREATHE_HEAVY] for making her breathe at different rates
  • When talking about it: what about [BREATH_GASPING][BREATHE_CHOKING]?

Awww, that would be fine!
  • add "auto_speed" variable - alters her speed in auto movements (if possible at all)

Oh, yeah, that'd be nice to have, too ... somehow
  • add "[BALLS_TWITCH]" as trigger - like [BOUNCE_TITS], but now his balls.
  • enable/disable mouse movement somehow via dialogue triggers

Oh, and what about ...
  • Changing the "behindleg" setting in animtools positions?
    I rely on sby sby and DrZombi DrZombi for finding a good and clean solution for that

• Creating kinda fifth mood "scared/frightened/sad/suffering/anxious"?
    Pretty please?
    Forget this one again,please - I found this one after all and it satisfied my wishes :cool:
Thanks for listening at least!
Regards, Me

Last edited:

bodoefm

Potential Patron
I'm definitely a noob here, but I'm trying not to be a pest: I can't seem to get this mod working with the loader.
I obviously haven't got this right, but this is what I've done:
- I downloaded the latest version (4.08)
- I put the .swf file in /Mods/$INIT$/
- I edited the /Mods/$INIT/Mods.TXT to include DialogueActions at the bottom.
- I launch the loader.swf in Flash player
...and nothing new ever loads in the Loader tab...
I swear I've read over all the beginners guides and can find nothing that might help me. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.