Opening .SWF clothing in CS6 (1 Viewer)

schach

Potential Patron
There are simple clothing remodifications I'm interested in doing, but I need to open the .swf file in CS6 in order to do this. How can I do this?

In particular I want to a) make a whale-tail thong that rises up from the back, e.g. take the standard thong and raise the back up higher; b) make jeans that sag slightly in the back to show the top of the thong. I'm saying this in particular because I may want to open the files into a template.

stuntcock

Content Creator
There are simple clothing remodifications I'm interested in doing, but I need to open the .swf file in CS6 in order to do this. How can I do this?
You can't edit SWF files directly. You can decompile them (using ffdec and similar programs) in order to extract the artwork, animations, sounds, scripts, etc. Some tools will attempt to reconstruct a FLA project file based on the SWF; you can then open this FLA file and make changes.

Of course, the process is prone to errors and omissions. It's much better to contact the original creator of the SWF file, and ask them to share their FLA source material. For example: @dantethedarkprince has released all of his SDT project files and authorized modders to edit, remix, and re-release them. So if you can find a nice-looking thong among Dante's creations then that might serve as a conveninent starting-point.

If you intend to edit vanilla clothing elements then it's (potentially) a bit more difficult. Those files weren't distributed as standalone clothing imports; they're all bundled together into the SDT.swf game file. You can extract the artwork easily enough, but you won't get a working FLA file (because the decompilation tool would be trying to reconstruct the entire SDT game). You'll need to open up a copy of the vanilla modding template, splice the extracted artwork into the appropriate places, and add a few lines of AS3 code. Once you've figured out those steps, you'll be able to generate a working SWF file. That may not seem like a huge accomplishment, because the published SWF file will simply be a copy of the vanilla thong underwear. But you'll then be able to dive back into the Flash workspace, stretch/skew/redraw the thong to fit your preferred shape, publish additional SWF files, and test them in-game.

If you have any skill with vector artwork (or if you're willing to learn) then you might find it less troublesome to simply draw new sprites on the template instead of dealing with the decompilation stuff. If you're feeling completely lost or overwhelmed by Flash stuff then please don't hesitate to ask questions. Remember also that you can draw your mod in PSD or SVG format, and then ask someone else to organize your artwork into a FLA or SWF file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.