How do I reset my game? (2 Viewers)

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
I am struggling so much with character folders. One character folder has been causing me so much pain and suffering, every time I load it up, I get an action script error. Then, when I exit out and reload the game, I get another ActionScript error and the game stays permanently bugged. I tried clearing the .swf mods in the modding tab, but it does nothing. Is there a way to reset the game to regular SD chan so that it doesn't stay bugged? Thanks

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Many mods have other mods they depend on. you're probably be missing a necessary mod like TemplateExtension

You should be able to click dismiss all, most errors are benign.

You can also try running a standalone (sa) version of the flash projector instead. I'm pretty sure those versions don't do error popups.

You can always clicking the rest button on the scene tab. Sometimes its helpful if your game is launching bugged to launch and quickly spam the reset button, it might take a try or two to do fast enough.

If your character folder is still all bugged out, try narrowing down what mod is causing the error. Start with all the mods, then half, then try one mod at time till you find the culprit.

If you do find the specific mods that cause the error it doesn't hurt to post the errors you're getting in this same thread. Maybe you've found something and can help others.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Many mods have other mods they depend on. you're probably be missing a necessary mod like TemplateExtension

You should be able to click dismiss all, most errors are benign.

You can also try running a standalone (sa) version of the flash projector instead. I'm pretty sure those versions don't do error popups.

You can always clicking the rest button on the scene tab. Sometimes its helpful if your game is launching bugged to launch and quickly spam the reset button, it might take a try or two to do fast enough.

If your character folder is still all bugged out, try narrowing down what mod is causing the error. Start with all the mods, then half, then try one mod at time till you find the culprit.

If you do find the specific mods that cause the error it doesn't hurt to post the errors you're getting in this same thread. Maybe you've found something and can help others.
I have written a post here about the specifics of the problems I am having

However, the problem evolved from the problem discussed in the post, resulting in the game being permanently bugged, the hair stays on SD-chan permanently.

I have redownloaded and reworked the files several times to fix the bug, I don't really want to recreate the bug again to show you.

The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow

I've been struggling with this damn Character Folder problem for hours over several days, it'd make my week if you can help me out.

By the way, I am going to bed now, so expect a response in a couple of hours.

Thank you for your time

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Sounds like your .sol file is fucked. The launch > spam reset > close > repeat method works most of the time.

If you are having trouble doing it fast enough you can try right clicking in the game window and if it lets you access your flash properties set the game's folder to use 0kb restart then set it back to infinite then restart again

if that still doesn't work you can try opening your web browser and clear and delete absolutely everything.

If that still doesn't work find your macromedia folder in %APPDATA% and delete its content

I should prob make a guide for this. As far as I know the most common hacky way people have been fixing it is just putting the whole folder in a new location so it acts like a new website and makes a fresh .sol file

Last edited:

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Sounds like your .sol file is fucked. The launch > spam reset > close > repeat method works most of the time.

If you are having trouble doing it fast enough you can try right clicking in the game window and if it lets you access your flash properties set the game's folder to use 0kb restart then set it back to infinite then restart again

if that still doesn't work you can try opening your web browser and clear and delete absolutely everything.

If that still doesn't work find your macromedia folder in %APPDATA% and delete its content

I should prob make a guide for this. As far as I know the most common hacky way people have been fixing it is just putting the whole folder in a new location so it acts like a new website and makes a fresh .sol file
Actually, I was able to fix it by loading in as many of my .swf mods as possible then exiting, thanks for trying to help it is appreciated

xBigPoemx

Potential Patron

Saved me 2 years later - fortunately, I was able to copy my mods and re-import easily. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.