Ryona/Snuff game development (1 Viewer)

Zhrat

Potential Patron
Hey!

I am currently starting to develop a game described below. Looking for skilled 2d artist who shares the passion.
I already posted this on f95 forums, which happens to be more about different games and development overall, but found no people interested in such things.

If you are, please, read whole thing.

If you want to play such a game, but don't have any suitable skills, please, comment anyway, share your thoughts and opinions.
The game (if ever released) will be pretty unique, as characters will be FULLY PROCEDURALLY ANIMATED.

It means animations are not just created once and then stored and played, but are created on the go considering all the context.
Most games don't need that, as they are not focused on character differences and injuries, on pain/shock/suffering thing. But this will.
Injured character will walk, stand and generally act differently from healthy one. Not just a healthbar or injury decal on a sprite.
Same thing about different chars, real people do things differently.
Unfortunately, the development will be pretty time consuming and will last long. Probably, we will never finish it, but I have to try.

First of all, I'm planning to develop a free game, only some content may be paid and only after full version release. This is hobby and passion only project. The goal is to make a cool (although extremely niche) product and make it public. The game itself is heavily inspired by SDT

Most probably, this project can only interest you if you share my passion to ryona-heavy stuff. Please, read the genres block below and decide if you are okay with that, are you interested in that
Ofc, there are some games that do have such content or even focus on it, but there are too few, they lask replayability and customization.

So, I came up with an plot and mechanics idea described below.

The programming part will be pretty tough, but I'm a skilled programmer (12+ y. experience) with dozens of complex projects done both in a team and as an only developer.
But, surely, all the programming will be pointless without a good art.

Project:
The game starts as the demon (player) finds a way to break into another world. He's very weak at the moment, don't even have physical body. As a spirit or an orb of negative emmanations, he can only influence the living by projecting the anger, envy, and, most imporantly - lust.
As any other creature (and demon especially) he seeks to become stronger, gain resources, develop skills.

He spent countless centuries in hell trying to do so, but hell is full of stronger beings he had to flee from and it's resources are scarse.
Luckily, the world he broke into is not like that. It's filled with weak humans and their juicy emotions, and nobody seems to be there to protect them.
He's going to feast on their lust and suffering, capture their souls and become much stronger.

1 stage
At the very start the demon is spirit-like invisible orb.
He can fly to different locations, see and hear what's happening and push people to do bad things.
That stage will not last long, soon the demon finds a person with deeply surpressed dark desires. A perfect one to possess and control.

2 stage
The guy is not a mindless puppet, he lives his normal life, but the demon slowly pushes him toward dark things.
After a while, he becomes a psycopath raper-killer, does more and more terrible things and tries to not to get caught by police.
The demon feasts on fear, pain, suffering and death of the victims, gaining resources to grow stonger and get more powers.
Gameplay-vise, player gets just buys upgrades.
The guy slowly goes insane.
If the player makes bad decisions, the psycho will be caught by police and the demon will have to find new host (the demon upgrades will not be lost, so it will be much easier)

Well planned crime will leave little to none clues for police, so it will be much more difficult to find the psycho.
But player can also choose to expose the terrible to the public, making them fear more, hate more, suspect each other. As a demon feeds on dark emotions, he'll benefit from that.

3 stage
When enough resources are collected, the demon gains ability to project himself as a physical body (possibly even several forms). From now on, he can bring fear and suffering himself.
This can be done by either gradual evolution of near insane psycho-human (which will be more difficult, but cheaper) or by materializing matter out of nowhere.
Destroing this body will lead to some resources lost, but not game over.

Most probably, by the time this upgrade is bought, the demon left enough traces for somebody powerfull to intervene. It can be special demon-hunter Order, hidden mage-guild, or even angels and other bearers-of-light. Not sure about that part yet, but I think it might spice the game up a little.

Additional
As we a speaking about supernatural magic-like powers, why not to bring portals to another realms?
At some point the demon will be able to travel to other parallel worlds, like fantasy, sci-fi or any kind of fandom people might like.

I understand the overall concept might be not okay for most people, so I'm open to discussion. But, there are things I'd like to be in the game in any case, optional things, no-go things etc:

Definitely must be in game:
- Ryona
- Rape
- Rich character customization
- Suffering, defeat related content
- Prey hunting, crime acts

I strongly want to add:
- Snuff and victim death content
- Bestiality
- Necrophilia
- Young characters (not loli, more like postpubescent, but younger than 18. Maybe like 16 or even 14 in some cases)
- Popular sexy fictional characters, such as from the games, movies, books and even toons
- Vag/anal/oral sex, group sex, gangbang and similar

Things I'm okay to work on:
Those are I'm neutral about, but will work on it if my artist partner wants it to be added. Anyway it shouldn't be our main focus
- Milf/Dilf
- Incest
- Lesbian
- Lactation
- Furry
- Futa/Trans (not too much, please)
- Pregnancy, Inflation
- Huge Tits (though not absurdly huge)
- Vore
- Voyeurism
- Romance (not dialog-heavy, please)
- Consensual
and others. If the thing is not on some other list, probably it belongs here, but you can ask

Things I dislike and prefer not to work on:
Those will be in the game only through mods/addons, done by somebody else:
- Scat
- Gay and gay rape
- Femdom and strapons
- Heavy bloody guro (like stong visual accent on severed body and guts, dissections and so on) (some amount of blood is ok, ofc, we're talking about characters getting killed)
- Loli and shota
- Absurdly huge tits
- Really heavy non-sex game mechanics (getting player to grind a lot to see H-scene)

Anyway, right now everything as at early idea stage, so we can discuiss all the things above.

Overall, the game is planned to be something in between Mattis's KoPC and Konashion's STD with ryona-psycho flavour.
Simple dialogs to move between locations, do stuff, manage resources and buy upgrades, similar to KoPC side-view scenes with main action.
Probably city / global map as static background to simplify navigation.
Inside locations there will be people walking and talking, so player can find his prey and begin taking actions to rape her. Like stalking to get more info, prepare, distract others, drive into a tight corner, kidnap and so on.
There might be a running-catching mechanic or simple combat mechanic, but that is not decided yet.

The main part is, needless to say, sex screen. It will involve different side-view positions with stages, clothing-stripping, doing painful and harmful things, superpower stuff.
As the main plot focuses on feeding on victims emotions, this screen will also contain emotion meters, facial expressions.
The players objective will not be just to rape and run away, but to get as much resources as possible, maybe even mind-break her and capture a soul.
If snuff/necro content will be added - there will also be meters which track victim vitality - breath, blood volume and loss, heart/nerve system health, pain shock, mind and soul state.
If it won't - necro will become unconscious, snuff scenes will be replaced by capture to demon's lair / dimension.
Considering the snuff scenes, I'd like to add them animated and optional at (nearly) any moment.

Some game mod will probably have rich customization for victim, like in both KoPC and STD.
Normal mod will just have upgrade for demon, which will make him find the types player configured as most preferable much more often.

Developer:
- Me, myself and I.
- Pretty skillfull dev and PM, done a lot of complex projects, but...
- not in gamedev industry. have no experience in modern engines, last time I made even a simple game was more than 6 years ago.
- but anyway, I learn fast and it is totally ok for me to create ok-quality product first time I hit new technology.
- as a last resort, everything I described above I can do without any popular engine on tech I'm experienced with.

As of my experience, the more flexible the thing is, the better. So I do modular software, which can be changed in any way desired.
So the game will have rich mod/addon system to modify nearly anything. Good example is skyrim, but yeah, it's hard to get to such a level.
Most probably, there will be an instrument to create new positions for non-devs (like in STD)

Looking for:
- A good 2d artist who shares my passion

Employment Type:
- As I'm pretty busy IRL myself, probably you'll spend less than 2-4 hours a week
- Without planning to make profit of it, first priority is for you to be unpaid partner, just like myself.
- If we'll come up with some monetization plan without bothering players (like donations or watching not-gameplay-affecting ads as thanks) we'll share profit based on workload.
- I do consider a paid employee, but for this project strongly prefer other variants.

Work commitment:
Not sure about this block also.
Most of time I cannot spend more than 4-8 hours a week on side projects, but don't think we have any real deadlines.
If you'll be able to work at least 2-4 hours a week, I think we'll create a working and cool to play prototype in 2-3 month.
After that it will be only about making game richer - more clothes, positions, polishing mechanics and gameplay.
And making mod framework and docs, of course.

Preferred method of contact:
I'm a bit paranoid about my close people find out about how dark my fetishes are, maybe even too much.
So please, if you are interested, leave smth in this thread or send me DM on this forum, we'll talk about contact method there.

Job Description:
Finally, an important part.

Main job of 2D Artist in this project is to draw assets for bodies, clothing and backgrounds.
As everything is modular and procedural-generation oriented, you won't have to draw scenes and animations, just parts for me to assemble.
Ofc it is totally okay if you draw those for your own convinience.
But I only plan to use replaceable parts for more customization freedom and things like that.
Many parts will have different states (like different bodyshapes, normal t-shirt or bra -> raised t-shirt or bra, normal house -> abandoned house -> destroyed house and so on)
Some states can be made by programmatically changing images, morphing them, but some things need to be drawn differently.

All such assets have to be compatible with the one's they will be used with (small breast top body asset should't look weird with big butt body asset, for example). I'm not an artist, but IMO it is pretty hard thing to do.

Another very important thing is face and hair art, facial expressions especially. I think Konashion and STD modders did supergreat job on that, so that is our reference point.
Even with perfect assets I'll have hard time animating those and making them look 'alive', so if you can help me with that - it will be great.

And it is extragreat if you could help me with body animation, poses and things like that. If you'll be willing to do that, I'll write a helper software for you (and maybe future modders)

And finally, if you do 2D animated assets, we could make game even more beautiful, smooth and engaging.

Additional comments:
Feel free to ask me anything, even if you're not an artist, or you're not willing to contribute to project.

The original post on f95 was dropped couple weeks ago, I contacted couple of guys, but looks like the forum itself is not too much about fetishes.
From then on I started to learn Godot, can already make a simple 2d game, but want to make smth pretty crazy with procedural animation.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
For some reason I cannot post it as a single post, hope moderator can help with that
The site was acting weird, which seems to be corrected. I merged your two posts into one.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
I have no relevant skills but I wish you luck.
And luck is what you will need. As well as patience/tenacity.
I'm not surprised, that you find it difficult to find an artist for your project. Skilled artists and coders are in high demand (good thing you already have one of these covered). Artists, that can do animations are particularly scarce. Very few are willing to do work without any pay. Let alone that much work.
I have looked at a few development threads and threads of people seeking coders/artists on f95 and they don't seem to have many responses in general. There is a sizeable audience for ryona/guro stuff there. Not as much as some other fetishes but still. In fact I'd say the demand is higher than the supply. And there are plenty of such artists around the interwebs too. Just look around pixiv, there are hundreds of good ones. But very few games of that type get made, probably because of the amount of work required to make something of decent quality. Other genres can get away with being more narrative focused and having fewer artwork and less interactivity.

Most of all I recommend you create a playable demo with placeholder art. No matter how shitty the art is. Use stickfigures if you have to. Just make sure everything else is good. Then share that on f95 and other places where games are posted and discussed and maybe point ryona/snuff/guro artists to that thread if you wanna be really proactive. When they see a good quality demo instead of just a plan, they will know that you are capable and committed and if they decide to do work for you, it will be less likely to end up being in vain. Also, far more people check out game threads than development threads. And some people might even be willing to throw you a buck or two, if they see potential.

Also, I advise you to scale back your ambitions a bit. Make the work for the artist as easy as the game concept allows. Perhaps also your own workload. The longer a project takes, the more likely it is to never get finished. People stop having free time, get bored, etc. Real life likes to get in the way. Better to have a smaller, complete game, that you can add stuff to later. There are far too many unfinished games out there already. People have a become cynical. They see a game with a long list of planned features and they go "Yeah, no way that is over gonna get made."

Zhrat

Potential Patron
I have no relevant skills but I wish you luck.
And luck is what you will need. As well as patience/tenacity.
I'm not surprised, that you find it difficult to find an artist for your project. Skilled artists and coders are in high demand (good thing you already have one of these covered). Artists, that can do animations are particularly scarce. Very few are willing to do work without any pay. Let alone that much work.
I have looked at a few development threads and threads of people seeking coders/artists on f95 and they don't seem to have many responses in general. There is a sizeable audience for ryona/guro stuff there. Not as much as some other fetishes but still. In fact I'd say the demand is higher than the supply. And there are plenty of such artists around the interwebs too. Just look around pixiv, there are hundreds of good ones. But very few games of that type get made, probably because of the amount of work required to make something of decent quality. Other genres can get away with being more narrative focused and having fewer artwork and less interactivity.

Most of all I recommend you create a playable demo with placeholder art. No matter how shitty the art is. Use stickfigures if you have to. Just make sure everything else is good. Then share that on f95 and other places where games are posted and discussed and maybe point ryona/snuff/guro artists to that thread if you wanna be really proactive. When they see a good quality demo instead of just a plan, they will know that you are capable and committed and if they decide to do work for you, it will be less likely to end up being in vain. Also, far more people check out game threads than development threads. And some people might even be willing to throw you a buck or two, if they see potential.

Also, I advise you to scale back your ambitions a bit. Make the work for the artist as easy as the game concept allows. Perhaps also your own workload. The longer a project takes, the more likely it is to never get finished. People stop having free time, get bored, etc. Real life likes to get in the way. Better to have a smaller, complete game, that you can add stuff to later. There are far too many unfinished games out there already. People have a become cynical. They see a game with a long list of planned features and they go "Yeah, no way that is over gonna get made."
Thanks a lot for good advice.

I do plan to make a simple tech demo, post it and then move on. About the ambitions, though you are right, I think I should do something challenging for myself to keep the development process interesting. I estimate my chances of completing a game (or even well-rounded shitty art prototype) as 1 to 10. But in case of fail the audience loses nothing, and in case of success there is a new game with interesting mechanics, which relates to fetish that nearly never gets developers' attention.

For now, I think, the niche is so empty that even a text-based game with no graphics will be liked by some people.
About the art itself, for a placeholder I'm thinking of taking SDT shapes, but don't know if Kona's can be used for such things. Don't even know who do I ask about it.
The shapes look very good, and, even more importantly, there so many good clothes and hairs that suits them.

As the development is at early stage, I don't need artist that much. But developing on your own without knowing someone would like to play a game like that is kinda demotivating. I was thinking of starting smth like devlog, asking audience about what do they like and sharing successes, but the overall audience seems to be to small to find somebody.

But yeah, things you say sound very good for me. I'll think about shrinking the scope and do something smaller first. Thanks =)

johnmo5427

3D Artist
The concept sounds really interesting, so interesting in fact that I made this account just to reply. I am a 3D artist and may be able to help you, I want to see this game realized and would like to help with its development if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.