Honey Select Thread (1 Viewer)

KnightKiller

Avid Affiliate
Just finished this. I based the girls off some of Oneofones older pics, hope he doesn't mind.

QOy8kVX.jpg

Still trying to get my head around lighting and the angle of shots. You guys have been a real help!

BTW Weoooo, how did you do that laser effect on the Pricom pic on Pixiv? I was really good btw!

Well look at you makin' those Ayylmaos. Niccccccccce. :wink:

By the way, as a noob to Honey Select, are there any mods that ya'll might recommend? Aside from the delmo outfit. That's a given. :grin::grin::grin:

Wideslider is probably the most important. All the major clothing/hair/accessory modders have their stuff uploaded here (MEGA), and the pastebin for all the recommended mods is here ([Markdown] /hs/ HoneySelect - Pastebin.com).

I'd also recommend backing up you abdata folder and all the other 'Data' folders you have. It's pretty bad when you install a mod only to discover you've broken the game. That only really happens with the more complicated mods though, the ones above shouldn't cause any of that trouble. Enjoy!

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Hey, could you attach that as a png knightkiller? It's actually a scene! And I think I know EXACTLY the oneofone pic it's based on too.

Yeah the problem I have at this point is uh... I donno what's the most important anymore, and my actual suggestion is "literally anything you think looks interesting." if I were to try, though...
Character Creation:
Wideslider: Definitely. Without it, not only are you gonna have a hard time loading other people's cards, there's also some times even with normal looking ladies that you'll want to go beyond 0 and 100, and it effects clothing too.
GGmod: Required, basically. If you want heels that change the way the foot bends you're gonna need this.
Allegretto: I can't tell you how much this opened up the choices for character creation.
HSUS: it's useful stuff
Bonemod/Adjustmod/: These basic things let you change the size of feet and hands, which is super useful because otherwise they're fixed.
SAK/S_K/Aardvark's stuff: They're useful variations on the clothes in HS, so they can be very handy. They have a lot of school uniform type things that I'm also pretty sure you in particular want.
Saw hair/Snooley's Coiffure: Big hair packs.
Posing and Scenes:
HSIR: Without this you will not be able to add items through mods.
The StudioAddons: What it does for your ability to light scenes is incredible.
HSshortcuts: There's some Dark Magic here, like being able to hide body parts(say, the tongue cause you want to use a different tongue) and set up multi cams and replace textures, but also lots of baseline useful stuff like the ability to render shadows out further and control the skybox base lighting.
HSPE: Incredible tool for dynamic bones, breast movement, and once I figured out the FK+IK thing it's made posing much much easier.
That invisible ring mod: Now that I realized what it can do it's super useful to have around.
Look for "effect" mods, like GIL's(that's what I used to make the laser) and C2D's and others. They help convey action.
Any and all maps: Never stop looking for maps

But basically just download everything that looks interesting.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Just finished this. I based the girls off some of Oneofones older pics, hope he doesn't mind.

QOy8kVX.jpg

Still trying to get my head around lighting and the angle of shots. You guys have been a real help!

BTW Weoooo, how did you do that laser effect on the Pricom pic on Pixiv? I was really good btw!

Wideslider is probably the most important. All the major clothing/hair/accessory modders have their stuff uploaded here (MEGA), and the pastebin for all the recommended mods is here ([Markdown] /hs/ HoneySelect - Pastebin.com).

I'd also recommend backing up you abdata folder and all the other 'Data' folders you have. It's pretty bad when you install a mod only to discover you've broken the game. That only really happens with the more complicated mods though, the ones above shouldn't cause any of that trouble. Enjoy!

HSStudioaddon mod is very useful for making light effects. Just install this mod and go to effect menu. Then you'll know what to do. This mod is quite simple and also useful.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Here you go.

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a look.
Thanks for the scene! But what I actually meant was that what you attached is a scene card. Alt f10 takes a big scene card.

I know this because I did the exact same thing. F11 will take a screenshot and pause will take a fuckoff huge screenshot. I'd take one to show it off, cause I actually noticed you did some things to the girls that we can't see in that scene card.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Nice work grgr! I mean, like always, right? I really dig the hand->blow->boob progression for the first one.
dychVLL.png

I have made beast animes to hug

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
It's done
これはステルス任務です Part Two
I can upload the scenes and 4k screenshots if anyone wants.
Hey, another pro tip? If you're making something with basic shapes that you're gonna be using a lot, save just it as a scene and you can import it.
Also if you realize something needs to be present like halfway through the scenes, you don't have to do them all over. You can put it in, delete everything else, and then save that and import it back. That's how I made Chekhov's box during the last part, I realized it shoulda been there and then back imported it.

KnightKiller

Avid Affiliate
Damn, 93 images! You've been hard at work! Really good as well! Scenes are always appreciated, but I'd love to know where you get your maps too since I haven't had much luck finding many.

I've uploaded the super large image you asked for. Sorry it took so long but I've been a little busy lately and it kinda slipped my mind.

https://i.imgur.com/PQzLqyf.jpg

I also made another scene and then played around with the lighting. https://i.imgur.com/XynRZn4.jpg https://i.imgur.com/TtKS1lM.jpg

I think I prefer the second one but I'm not sure how to fix skin color of the girl up front.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Hmm... well, I hang out in the HS discord and download like... every map I can. The RamORam packs are on there too, although some of those are showing that they came from older games more and more as time goes on. The DoA and DMC maps still super hold up. Also check on card sites and stuff for scenes, sometimes people build rooms and maps with those.

I ended up rebuilding and building a room in the last scenario cause nothing looked right. It's actually not that hard once you get enough stuff, it's just a little time consuming. It helps if you use a map that you might not fully be comfortable with, and then copy it with parts in a way that you like.

I don't quite know what skin color fixes you're talking about. I mean, the thing about lighting is that in any sort of 3d environment it impacts everything. If you don't like how the character looks darker and more shiny, you might have to play around with the softness of her skin in character creation, or more likely just try lighting it a bit different. I disregarded Overall Lights until grgr let me see his stuff and I saw that's what he was using and I went "oh, oh those are good, why am I only using point lights". Also try fooling around with Self-Shadow options, that really changes how light falls, because then it will go through objects and people.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Damn, 93 images! You've been hard at work! Really good as well! Scenes are always appreciated, but I'd love to know where you get your maps too since I haven't had much luck finding many.

I've uploaded the super large image you asked for. Sorry it took so long but I've been a little busy lately and it kinda slipped my mind.

https://i.imgur.com/PQzLqyf.jpg

I also made another scene and then played around with the lighting. https://i.imgur.com/XynRZn4.jpg https://i.imgur.com/TtKS1lM.jpg

I think I prefer the second one but I'm not sure how to fix skin color of the girl up front.

Your light effects looks good! As Weoooo said, I suggest you to adjust the softness of her skin.
tUOXie2.jpg

Barbaris

Avid Affiliate
It's done
これはステルス任務です Part Two
I can upload the scenes and 4k screenshots if anyone wants.
Great work!
I'm afraid to think how many hours of your life it took ...
I like your work with facial expressions. Excellent!
What do you mean 4k screenshots? HoneyShot png or you using another mod?
And can i ask how did you do the blood effect on pics 80-87?

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Great work!
I'm afraid to think how many hours of your life it took ...
I like your work with facial expressions. Excellent!
What do you mean 4k screenshots? HoneyShot png or you using another mod?
And can i ask how did you do the blood effect on pics 80-87?
Honestly, not that long. Since this is a series about stealth and surprise, there's really not that much to think about once everything's in place. Getting the light right, making sure things are in the right place and casting the shadows they're supposed to, and not forgetting little things are the most time consuming honestly. And I actually DID forget a few little things that now that I'm home, I'm gonna fix. That might change as I start to involve more people cause of rising action, though. You have to think about more when there's more characters involved.
And yeah, the Honeyshot 4k png. I edited it down to 1080p as I realized just how many images this was gonna be, and I think 1080's actually better for single characters that are very close, unless you've got a 4k monitor or something.

I'm a bit confused when you said blood effects, but I'm just gonna assume you meant the makeup tear stains. That's a skintexmod file. Skintexmod overlays a texture on the skin. It's also how I did the sweat on the kunoichi, and almost any time you see lots of tattoos on a body it's one of those. Like the tattoos on grgr's corrupt rouges back there.

Kingtoaster

Swell Supporter
I wish I could get used to the camera in Honey select! I would make images more if I could be better with the camera controls. The costumes are much better in HS
XD

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Hmm, a little premature on one of the executions, guys.
I like how you used blur for the slide action! I wish more guns had fk bones for that, but I don't even think a lot of props in real-ass posing programs have that sort of stuff regularly.

What do you use for juices? While I have a real love of tight implied sex shots, anytime anyone uses their mouth things should get wet and I don't know how to make it look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.