Honey Select Thread

gamefanatic

Avid Affiliate
Hope you guys had a good year. Honey Select is pretty old now, since that game came out like 2016?

Anyway, the main part I want to talk about is my Computer and Honey Select in there... It's gone. Happened once I got back from a family trip, tried to power up my computer but nothing. I then find out that there's a leak at upper floor at my apartment and landed on my vulnerable desktop. I took it to a friend of mine to take a look at. It's no use, most of the components are fried.

I never been soo upset before...having to lose all the datas and scenes and most of my character cards. At least some sort of good news that I've still have my Alpha Troopers cards but I don't know what to do with them.

Sorry can't think straight these days. I guess I should retired and move on to something else, there's nothing I can do.
Will I go back to Honey Select someday? Maybe, but it's near impossible to find a vanilla version nowadays.

Well at least I can share my Alpha Troopers I have back up, Only four sadly so use them however you like. Treat them well.
View attachment 101207View attachment 101208
View attachment 101211View attachment 101212

Well still feeling down after what happened. Anyway thanks for all the support you give me. Take care for now.
I said on dA and I'll say again, I really hope you don't retire forever! A lot of people including myself love your work, and we hope you come back again one day, better than ever!

KnightKiller

Potential Patron
Hope you guys had a good year. Honey Select is pretty old now, since that game came out like 2016?

Anyway, the main part I want to talk about is my Computer and Honey Select in there... It's gone. Happened once I got back from a family trip, tried to power up my computer but nothing. I then find out that there's a leak at upper floor at my apartment and landed on my vulnerable desktop. I took it to a friend of mine to take a look at. It's no use, most of the components are fried.

I never been soo upset before...having to lose all the datas and scenes and most of my character cards. At least some sort of good news that I've still have my Alpha Troopers cards but I don't know what to do with them.

Sorry can't think straight these days. I guess I should retired and move on to something else, there's nothing I can do.
Will I go back to Honey Select someday? Maybe, but it's near impossible to find a vanilla version nowadays.

Well at least I can share my Alpha Troopers I have back up, Only four sadly so use them however you like. Treat them well.
View attachment 101207View attachment 101208
View attachment 101211View attachment 101212

Well still feeling down after what happened. Anyway thanks for all the support you give me. Take care for now.
It's not much, but ages ago I downloaded some of your images off the booru and thought you might want them. Nowhere near enough to replace what you've lost, but it's something.

It sucks losing something important like that, especially in an accident. Whatever you choose to do, I think you did great work.

010ba5970cf8b64ccb00049b2fb8e05fc2bfc3fa.png088b536477693d2049d4cc67fef8c10986bbbe70.png488eae1b81b37eae6fd494c7ea745c7068ac7add.png3eaa8c790e8743eae1bd816f5f41c79da889442a.png7cab9a85300b0699384d26ed45f4e56f4b16584d.png806aaebd286241c3f64ebba0f829d4d8400f1b33.pngb7f77676a667254a82106e7d9bfb67e74d51e373.pngde240a0666b678d30a6596218e82a0b0c7489f7c.png

RadRanger47

Vivacious Visitor
Hey dudes, new update would like to share with you. A buddy of mine told me about the computer that the CPU and RAM card is fucked and the hard drive is acting pretty messy. Now I don't know much about computers, I just use it for games and Honey Select. My friend is the only computer technician in this town.
Anyway the computer can be replaced with new parts, no idea what that does but I'll take his word for it. The good news is that the graphics card is in good shape, since it's just a big block and smooth.
Well I'll keep you guys updated if there's any new
Yeah getting your PC knocked out sucks hard! Sad to hear it.

Personally I've always gave your stuff a look here or on pixiv too.

If you decide to start again AI-Shoujo is the new hotness for more 3d modeled girls from Illusion, I've seen some good stuff from it.
You have no idea how mad I was, when that happen. Also I may check out AI-Shoujo if there's enough mods and clothing in there, and a english version.
OMG,I am sorry to hear that, something similar happened to me in 2013 and I disappeared til 2017. I lost EVERYTHING, I started from scratch like 4 years later.

I would love to remake them if you allow me! I would give you full 100% credit for them as your characters! I just think they would experience demises you would love in my universe!

My newest OC, "Hitgirl" would love to ELIMINATE them.

View attachment 101219
It's gonna be awhile to get things worked out. But go right ahead! You remake them however you please. Also I would like to know where your works are, so I can check them out.
I said on dA and I'll say again, I really hope you don't retire forever! A lot of people including myself love your work, and we hope you come back again one day, better than ever!
Thanks I'm starting to be aware of this support you guys give me. I was not really myself yesterday, you know how it feels when all your hard work gone in a puff of smoke.
But thanks I'm gonna try to get my computer back working even if it means getting new parts to replace it.
It's not much, but ages ago I downloaded some of your images off the booru and thought you might want them. Nowhere near enough to replace what you've lost, but it's something.

It sucks losing something important like that, especially in an accident. Whatever you choose to do, I think you did great work.

View attachment 101229View attachment 101230View attachment 101231View attachment 101232View attachment 101233View attachment 101234View attachment 101235View attachment 101236
Oh wow my old stuff, I forgot I posted them somewhere. Thanks for this. I may need this in case my computer really ends itself permanently.
And look one of my lost Light Soldier of the Light and Dark Kingdom. Thanks again.

oneofone

Casual Client
Hey dudes, new update would like to share with you. A buddy of mine told me about the computer that the CPU and RAM card is fucked and the hard drive is acting pretty messy. Now I don't know much about computers, I just use it for games and Honey Select. My friend is the only computer technician in this town.
Anyway the computer can be replaced with new parts, no idea what that does but I'll take his word for it. The good news is that the graphics card is in good shape, since it's just a big block and smooth.

You have no idea how mad I was, when that happen. Also I may check out AI-Shoujo if there's enough mods and clothing in there, and a english version.

It's gonna be awhile to get things worked out. But go right ahead! You remake them however you please. Also I would like to know where your works are, so I can check them out.

Thanks I'm starting to be aware of this support you guys give me. I was not really myself yesterday, you know how it feels when all your hard work gone in a puff of smoke.
But thanks I'm gonna try to get my computer back working even if it means getting new parts to replace it.

Oh wow my old stuff, I forgot I posted them somewhere. Thanks for this. I may need this in case my computer really ends itself permanently.
And look one of my lost Light Soldier of the Light and Dark Kingdom. Thanks again.
Awesome! Thanks! Im going to remake them asap!

My works are here:

reddevil

Avid Affiliate

Hey man, glad to hear it isn't all damaged. PCs come in a few different sections. If your CPU and RAM are fucked, your HDD stuff should be fine. If the HDD is acting messy, I would try to get the data off of there asap by buying a new drive, installing it and your old drive into a new setup, and moving as much of the data off the old drive to the new one as possible. If not, you could try taking it to a technician and having them pull the data off.

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster
Hey all. If you peruse the Zako channel on the UTC discord server, you've probably seen these before. But if not, I've been slowing trying to get myself back into HS and my current area of work right now is on a certain kind of zako I've seen very little of....

20200107004005749.png

Cowgirls!

Along with some images I took of pigtails there reacting to being shot and stuff:

Barbaris

Potential Patron
I sincerely commiserate with you, man! Last month, I lost a USB flash drive with the program (fortunately, it came in after a while), but I had a terrible week and a half. So I understand you. The worst thing is the loss of started scenes and characters. I think it’s quite possible to restore the software, it’s more difficult to restore the mods, but it’s also possible. It's just awful when you realize that the hours, or even the tens of hours that were spent in the studio and the character editor, are hopelessly lost. This creative joy, which suddenly turns into a hopeless void ... just an awful feeling!
I hope you can recover information from your hard drive!
As for the AI-Shoujo ... I look at this program with some optimism. I like the new character editor. And I think the program works faster than Honey Select. But the number of mods is still too small. However, they have already made some excellent models of high-heeled pumps :-)
Good luck!

Last edited:

Idoro

Fully Functional
Staff member
Ryonani Teamster
Hey all! Sorry for the long wait, but I finally finished Bikini Guard's Bad Night 2. It's a whopper at over 100 images... so yeah. xD

Hope you enjoy it!

wj1905

Club Regular
Damn, sorry to hear that guys.
It's why I back up everything important every few months on an external HD, just in case.

Barbaris

Potential Patron
Does anyone know a website that CLEARLY explains how to import 3D models into Studio Neo as items?

I'm a designer, so i know how to use various 3D software (Rhino, 3DMax, Solid Wroks..) and I want to start creating my own items/furniture to import into HS.

If someone can help explain how to convert the the models, I'll be happy take item requests from other people
HI
There is a topic TUTORIALS on the channel "illusion Soft" in DISCORD
Maybe you can find something interesting there

Minion

Club Regular
HI
There is a topic TUTORIALS on the channel "illusion Soft" in DISCORD
Maybe you can find something interesting there
Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried searching discord, but got zero results. This is my first time using discord, am i doing something wrong? or is the group private?

Barbaris

Potential Patron
Just tested a new studio in AI Shoujo . Unfortunately, I did not understand how to make screenshots with higher resolution ...
And what do you think about studio NEOv2?

Attachments

Last edited:

Weoooo

Club Regular
Hi I'm back from self-imposed exile due to the belief I utterly failed obligations I had

Okay so HS is old. We all know that. But HS is also just CHOCK FULL of plugins now that can do things you might not realize. You probably know all about dynamic bones and FK+IK with HSPE and all that, and I'm sure you're at least aware of Rendereditor, but they can make things that otherwise would be either impossible or a major pain either possible or way less of a pain. I'm going to explain some by using Pricomthug7 here.

charaF_20180326002637219.png

I like Pricomthug7, she's got a slender frame, but her big pouty lips and glasses give her a much more intense look than a weak one. I imagine she might have a name like Meagan or Rachel, and usually dresses more conservative; but the pricom outfit makes her feel daring and she's excited.
Anyway, she's got a secret that I've been trying to hide. You might've noticed something off with her in the first picture I made, or noticed that she's always facing one side of her away from the camera in the other 3. This is for a really good reason.
Screenshot (54).png
See, the hair she's got doesn't fit her head. It never got ported as an accessory either, so I've never been able to do anything about it. I've tried other hairs but this is the look that I want and I think suits her the most. So the times I've done anything with her I've always turned her around to make sure it was hard to tell something was wrong.
But, HSPE can help! It can solve the issue I've had for a while, where you get custom characters ported in and their hair is good but doesn't fit any other head. Not all of them get ported to accessories.
Screenshot (55).png
The Adv. Mode button(this is short for “Advanced Mode,” it's a technical term) allows you to adjust any bone on a character. I'm sure those of you who've used dynamic bones or expression blending have skipped RIGHT past this for a while now and I don't blame you, I did too. Opening any of those folders is strange and unless you know how things are broken down in there it's just a baffling experience. However, the search is usually helpful for finding what you're looking for.
Screenshot (56).png
Yeah hair's right there. Everything has an easy reset button too, so if you're not sure you can just mess around and see if it does the thing you want. If it does, you're good. If it doesn't, you can just reset. In this case, I can adjust the size of the hair to what looks right and solve a problem that's pestered me for like, I donno, almost two years? Oh god, almost two years? What have I been doing?
Screenshot (57).png
Anyway now there's a new problem. This isn't unexpected, I adjust the headphones every new character in order to get them to look right. But I'm not in the character creator anymore and I didn't save it to a bonemod txt either, so what do I do now?
Screenshot (58).png
Oh yeah remember how it can adjust any bone? Accessories are bones too. So you can resize and move things to your heart's content.
Still more on pricom. So the boots I use are non-canonical sexy heels cause I like 'em. But I love the look of the gold soles, and I can't do that with normal color adjustment. But Rendereditor lets you change the color of basically anything that has an entry, so we're going to use that to our advantage.
(SCREENSHOT MISSING SOMEHOW, I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT)
See? Change the color. So I'll make it gold, and the sole of this sexy boot will be gold and that'll be a nifty touch that someone might notice and go “hey, that's a nifty touch.”
Screenshot (59).png
Onto something that I've had an issue with forever, the socks and gloves. KK has a texture overlay, and while I don't know what Strangejack is doing you'll notice that his pricoms now have actual bands on their socks and gloves, along with the pricom triangle icon. There's lots of ways this could've happened, but one of the ways is either to overlay or replace a texture on an item. If you were creating a new item for one of these games, this can get tricky. I know because I spent like 3 days trying to list a jacket I made recolorable as a different item until I just gave the fuck up
Anyway, while there's no way around making or editing a texture, Rendereditor can really help out in replacing them. It's literally just a button. Like, look:
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (62).png
Whabam. Changed. No problem. They're dark, but I used the official canonical Shabazik colors so this is officially, canonically the way they look. I can't argue with canon.
Anyway since I use the band-aid things once you zoom out enough the alpha layers start to mess up and look weird. Since that's just on a texture, I'm sure if I remove it it'll be fine, so
Screenshot (64).png
I cannot say I expected this. Okay, so I guess I have to make a texture for that, too? I'll just paint over the one it uses to make it solid.
Screenshot (65).png
There. Done. The look of the band-aid, though, is also created by bumpmaps. I have no idea how to edit or make one of those, so I'm not gonna. Instead, I'll reduce how much the bumpmap is used so it doesn't look like a band-aid anymore. It's not the best solution, but it'll do what I want.
Screenshot (66).png

20200109133625340.jpg
And okay! There we go! Pricomthug7 in her new getup is guarding some sort of payphone. Who knows what it is. It's orange so I can't really make it gold, but in order to do that I'd have to do a similar trick to it, as I've done up above, find the texture, then dump it, then make it black and white, so I can change it to the color I want. And I mean, that's just too much
Screenshot (68).png
So when you're doing this, the most important thing you can do is first use that search bar. Make a guess about what the thing you're looking for would be called, and type it in. If you're lucky, you'll find exactly it. If you're kinda lucky, you'll find it and a whole bunch of other things that are like it. If you're unlucky it's in another language or called something else. If you're really unlucky everything is in one big item and you can't do anything about it. Either way Rendereditor has this cool green box that pops up around the thing you're selecting, so you'll at least kind of know if you've got the right part.
Screenshot (69).png
The best thing to do to make sure you're on the right track is just disable whatever you've selected. There could be a lot of parts in it so changing the color might not work, but you'll know what all of the parts are in the thing you've selected after you've turned it off. In this case, I'm lucky, cause every part of the phone is there. So it's just down to finding the paint, dumping it, and then changing it to a black and white version.
Screenshot (70).png
I did that. Now, we can recolor it.
Screenshot (71).png
Done. Good. But what about that ad? Shouldn't it be a pricom one? I mean, it's supposed to be a pricom phone in this scenario I've imagined, so shouldn't the ad be one too? Well, what if I try and change the texture to something that looks right...
Screenshot (72).png
That doesn't work. It doesn't work because the original texture was sort of off to the side. I could go and edit that one to replace the lettering with this pricom ad...
no I'm not gonna. This was supposed to be fast
20200109134956517.jpg
So I hope that helps someone. There's a ton of tricks you've got up your sleeve when you're making things with this software, and you can really dig in and pull off some nonsense. You can be very creative, so don't be afraid to try! You might be surprised at the dumb stuff you can do!

Barbaris

Potential Patron
Onto something that I've had an issue with forever, the socks and gloves. KK has a texture overlay, and while I don't know what Strangejack is doing you'll notice that his pricoms now have actual bands on their socks and gloves, along with the pricom triangle icon. There's lots of ways this could've happened, but one of the ways is either to overlay or replace a texture on an item. If you were creating a new item for one of these games, this can get tricky. I know because I spent like 3 days trying to list a jacket I made recolorable as a different item until I just gave the fuck up
Anyway, while there's no way around making or editing a texture, Rendereditor can really help out in replacing them. It's literally just a button. Like, look:
It was interesting and useful. Thanks. But I don’t understand why are you use the Render Editor for socks and gloves? Why not use honey katsu?
Yes, this is not the best solution. This has limitations for complex models and yes, I did not cope with the aid swimsuit, but it works with gloves and stockings. In any case, you do not have to change each model in the scene, just make a texture once

Attachments

Weoooo

Club Regular
It was interesting and useful. Thanks. But I don’t understand why are you use the Render Editor for socks and gloves? Why not use honey katsu?
Yes, this is not the best solution. This has limitations for complex models and yes, I did not cope with the aid swimsuit, but it works with gloves and stockings. In any case, you do not have to change each model in the scene, just make a texture once
Cause I use the socks and gloves on other, non-pricom characters so I'm messing with one plugin all the time no matter what. Thanks for the reminder, though; it's a much smoother experience than when it first launched! Also I don't use the bandaids for any other purpose, so it works out there perfectly.

Minion

Club Regular
Hi I'm back from self-imposed exile due to the belief I utterly failed obligations I had

Okay so HS is old. We all know that. But HS is also just CHOCK FULL of plugins now that can do things you might not realize. You probably know all about dynamic bones and FK+IK with HSPE and all that, and I'm sure you're at least aware of Rendereditor, but they can make things that otherwise would be either impossible or a major pain either possible or way less of a pain. I'm going to explain some by using Pricomthug7 here.

View attachment 101352

I like Pricomthug7, she's got a slender frame, but her big pouty lips and glasses give her a much more intense look than a weak one. I imagine she might have a name like Meagan or Rachel, and usually dresses more conservative; but the pricom outfit makes her feel daring and she's excited.
Anyway, she's got a secret that I've been trying to hide. You might've noticed something off with her in the first picture I made, or noticed that she's always facing one side of her away from the camera in the other 3. This is for a really good reason.
View attachment 101331
See, the hair she's got doesn't fit her head. It never got ported as an accessory either, so I've never been able to do anything about it. I've tried other hairs but this is the look that I want and I think suits her the most. So the times I've done anything with her I've always turned her around to make sure it was hard to tell something was wrong.
But, HSPE can help! It can solve the issue I've had for a while, where you get custom characters ported in and their hair is good but doesn't fit any other head. Not all of them get ported to accessories.
View attachment 101332
The Adv. Mode button(this is short for “Advanced Mode,” it's a technical term) allows you to adjust any bone on a character. I'm sure those of you who've used dynamic bones or expression blending have skipped RIGHT past this for a while now and I don't blame you, I did too. Opening any of those folders is strange and unless you know how things are broken down in there it's just a baffling experience. However, the search is usually helpful for finding what you're looking for.
View attachment 101333
Yeah hair's right there. Everything has an easy reset button too, so if you're not sure you can just mess around and see if it does the thing you want. If it does, you're good. If it doesn't, you can just reset. In this case, I can adjust the size of the hair to what looks right and solve a problem that's pestered me for like, I donno, almost two years? Oh god, almost two years? What have I been doing?
View attachment 101334
Anyway now there's a new problem. This isn't unexpected, I adjust the headphones every new character in order to get them to look right. But I'm not in the character creator anymore and I didn't save it to a bonemod txt either, so what do I do now?
View attachment 101335
Oh yeah remember how it can adjust any bone? Accessories are bones too. So you can resize and move things to your heart's content.
Still more on pricom. So the boots I use are non-canonical sexy heels cause I like 'em. But I love the look of the gold soles, and I can't do that with normal color adjustment. But Rendereditor lets you change the color of basically anything that has an entry, so we're going to use that to our advantage.
(SCREENSHOT MISSING SOMEHOW, I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT)
See? Change the color. So I'll make it gold, and the sole of this sexy boot will be gold and that'll be a nifty touch that someone might notice and go “hey, that's a nifty touch.”
View attachment 101336
View attachment 101337
View attachment 101338
View attachment 101339
Whabam. Changed. No problem. They're dark, but I used the official canonical Shabazik colors so this is officially, canonically the way they look. I can't argue with canon.
Anyway since I use the band-aid things once you zoom out enough the alpha layers start to mess up and look weird. Since that's just on a texture, I'm sure if I remove it it'll be fine, so
View attachment 101341
I cannot say I expected this. Okay, so I guess I have to make a texture for that, too? I'll just paint over the one it uses to make it solid.
View attachment 101342
There. Done. The look of the band-aid, though, is also created by bumpmaps. I have no idea how to edit or make one of those, so I'm not gonna. Instead, I'll reduce how much the bumpmap is used so it doesn't look like a band-aid anymore. It's not the best solution, but it'll do what I want.
View attachment 101343

View attachment 101350
And okay! There we go! Pricomthug7 in her new getup is guarding some sort of payphone. Who knows what it is. It's orange so I can't really make it gold, but in order to do that I'd have to do a similar trick to it, as I've done up above, find the texture, then dump it, then make it black and white, so I can change it to the color I want. And I mean, that's just too much
View attachment 101344
So when you're doing this, the most important thing you can do is first use that search bar. Make a guess about what the thing you're looking for would be called, and type it in. If you're lucky, you'll find exactly it. If you're kinda lucky, you'll find it and a whole bunch of other things that are like it. If you're unlucky it's in another language or called something else. If you're really unlucky everything is in one big item and you can't do anything about it. Either way Rendereditor has this cool green box that pops up around the thing you're selecting, so you'll at least kind of know if you've got the right part.
View attachment 101345
The best thing to do to make sure you're on the right track is just disable whatever you've selected. There could be a lot of parts in it so changing the color might not work, but you'll know what all of the parts are in the thing you've selected after you've turned it off. In this case, I'm lucky, cause every part of the phone is there. So it's just down to finding the paint, dumping it, and then changing it to a black and white version.
View attachment 101346
I did that. Now, we can recolor it.
View attachment 101347
Done. Good. But what about that ad? Shouldn't it be a pricom one? I mean, it's supposed to be a pricom phone in this scenario I've imagined, so shouldn't the ad be one too? Well, what if I try and change the texture to something that looks right...
View attachment 101348
That doesn't work. It doesn't work because the original texture was sort of off to the side. I could go and edit that one to replace the lettering with this pricom ad...
no I'm not gonna. This was supposed to be fast
View attachment 101351
So I hope that helps someone. There's a ton of tricks you've got up your sleeve when you're making things with this software, and you can really dig in and pull off some nonsense. You can be very creative, so don't be afraid to try! You might be surprised at the dumb stuff you can do!
I'm also curious where you got those pasties and "underwear". Any chance you remember the mod?

Top Bottom