Dead or Alive series (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying she isn't hot, especially in that black one. Cause holy damn. I'm just saying that it seems out of place to me in a fighting game. DOA already had their volleyball games where the entire point was to collect swimsuits and stuff. It just doesn't have any place for me in fighting games.

That, and I don't care for the bare feet that it usually entails as well. If they wore socks and running shoes then yeah, I may like it a lot more. :p

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I heard you can do that. That's a very nice touch lol. I think there's also clothing damage and they can be covered in dirt, but that can be turned off if preferred.

I just love how thick and sexy Kokoro's thighs are in that first swimsuit. SO damn sexy.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Raden, I don't get it. If you don't like swimsuits in fighting games, why don't you just refrain from using them? There's plenty of costumes in previous DOA games I find ugly, but I just ignore them and focus on those I like.

I know that fighting in swimsuits isn't really realistic and seems out of place, but let's face it: there are lots of outfits in fighting games that look just plain stupid (Anna's dresses and heels come to mind, Lei Fang's evening gown, or glasses that can be customised for characters - it seems that in DOA5 every character can wear glasses during a fight, even stupider than fighting in a bikini, if you ask me).

Besides, swimsuits may look silly when you take fights seriously, but they are great for ryona purposes.

I hope that this isn't Helena's only swimsuit. It's not bad, but DOAU's ones are much better.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Talking about swimsuit in fighting. It is suit in "Ah, this is a good place to have a vacatio.... WHAT!? I have to fight now!?" situation, and I like that.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Raden, I don't get it. If you don't like swimsuits in fighting games, why don't you just refrain from using them?

Um... I'm going to. You may (or more likely, may not...) have noticed I'm not lambasting them and saying that people who use them are dumb etc etc. I'm simply saying that, to myself, they should not be in a fighting game. If other people want to use them, that's wonderful, then I am glad they are there for other people's enjoyment. I just think there is a place for everything, and a fighting game is not the place for swimsuits, it was much better suited to the game dedicated specifically to it.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm, I may have misunderstood you - it sounded for a minute as if you wanted to ban swimsuits in fighting games all together :grin:

And keeping in mind that those games are one of the rare forms of entertainment where you can see ryona with women in bikinis I reacted the way I did.

I'm still curious, however. Why do you think that swimsuits should not be in fighting games? And what about glasses, high heels, evening gowns, dresses, etc?

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
They just seem like silly things to fight in. Then again, really, so do a lot of the outfits... :P

I dunno. You have Chun-Li in her chinese dress, and it's Chun-Li. You have her in a bikini, and she's just another boring chick. To me, the outfits make them who they are, you know? It gives them their character.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Btw, her bunny suit is white and not black, a producer said it was an error.

Bah. That's a shame. The black looks sexier. She'll still look good in white. It actually makes more sense since she's a "good" character, but I would've preferred the black.

dragonturtle

Potential Patron
They just seem like silly things to fight in. Then again, really, so do a lot of the outfits... :P

I dunno. You have Chun-Li in her chinese dress, and it's Chun-Li. You have her in a bikini, and she's just another boring chick. To me, the outfits make them who they are, you know? It gives them their character.

Chun Li can't be boring in a bikini because of her luscious legs... :)

But I understand what you mean. If there was a collection of game girls and they all wore bikinis, visually there is no originality since most games recycle body types with a hair swap. I never realized how much recycling there was until I started tinkering with XNALara.

From the vids, I'm pretty sure there is model recycling in this DOA too.

Last edited by a moderator:

mm_mml

Avid Affiliate
I know most people are talking about DOA5, but can anyone tell me if the 3DS DOA game is worth getting?

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I know most people are talking about DOA5, but can anyone tell me if the 3DS DOA game is worth getting?

Yes, if you're buying it for the gameplay and not ryona. I mean, sure, it still has ryona, but seeing as it's only Teen-rated, there are no bikinis or anything really suggestive for the ladies to wear. It does have pretty much every character ever to appear in a DOA game, a legitimate story mode with English voice acting that retells all of the events of the DOA franchise up to DOA4 in a more coherent manner, a great 3D effect coupled with great graphics, a nice variety of modes, and the same polished gameplay of DOA4 with some touch screen shortcuts for combos added in. I highly enjoyed it, myself.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Videos of Mila are getting taken down but someone uploaded it privately. You can see her in action below:
[video=youtube_share;0KNYg5yU3oE]http://youtu.be/0KNYg5yU3oE[/video]

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Might be just me, but it doesn't look like the computer cheats so much in this one. We'll see though, Tecmo's not exactly at the top of the list of companies I trust not to fuck shit up.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, Dimensions had a nice, balanced difficulty. It got a little tougher in the higher difficulty tag team matches, but nothing cheap. It's one reason why it's perhaps my favorite in the franchise to date.

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Wow. Mila's cute as hell. Tina has always been my favorite in this series, but Mila is poised to take that spot depending on the outfits they give her. Looking forward to playing this.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The AI was pretty decent in DOAD, no pulling off insane moves on normal difficulty.

In fact, none of the DOA games have ever had crushing difficulty from what I remember.. I think you get Tecmo confused with Namco.

DOA4. Can't even beat the first character. And I know I am not THAT bad at games.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
ha, Jinpachi. You know how you kill him? Any attack with the command string Forward, Forward, Triangle. It's like that sequence of buttons just completely fucks up his AI and he stands there and eats whatever attack comes out. I swear to God, try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.