Dead or Alive series (4 Viewers)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Pai Chan AND Sarah Bryant are in it? If that list is true, I'm buying it for sure now.

Man... Pai, Sarah, Kasumi, Kokoro, Tina, Helena.. Bayman's got some necks to crack, and I have another $65 to find.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Only six costumes per character again. I really wish they returned to how they did things in DOAU, where each fighter had 15-20 outfits.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Yeah, if that roster list is true I'm definitely buying the game.
Here's a video showing a few new things, mainly Helena is IN the game (doesn't mean playable) as well as some of the other guys brad gen-fu Elliot or whatever that I never payed any attention to but noted seeing:
Opening Declaration - Dead or Alive 5 Trailer - YouTube

Actually the Helena model I see in this video looks pretty bad, make out of that whatever you want. Also there's a woman talking on the phone wearing a fur coat that I have no idea who she is around 1:45.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
More often than not, alot of those outfits were colourswaps, so in this regard, the actual number was probably alot closer to 10.

Not really:

Ayane - two costumes (3 and 5) were colourswaps out of 19

Kasumi - also two (4 and 6) out of 20

Lei Fang - four (2, 8, 11 and 16) out of 20

Tina - one (6) out of 16

Helena - two (4 and 8) out of 13

Hitomi - no colourswaps.

Everyone except for Helena still has at least 15 original outfits.

Yeah, if that roster list is true I'm definitely buying the game.
Here's a video showing a few new things, mainly Helena is IN the game (doesn't mean playable) as well as some of the other guys brad gen-fu Elliot or whatever that I never payed any attention to but noted seeing:
Opening Declaration - Dead or Alive 5 Trailer - YouTube

Actually the Helena model I see in this video looks pretty bad, make out of that whatever you want. Also there's a woman talking on the phone wearing a fur coat that I have no idea who she is around 1:45.

Actually, I think that she looks singularly hot at 1:55. If that's how she will look like when fighting, then just wow. I don't know why they decided to give her that awful accent though.

And her being shown among other fighters most likely means she is also in the rooster.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
1:55 looks great, it's 1:25 that has me concerned... it looks kinda strange and bad. I hope you're right on both accounts, because Helena was one of my favorites.
My other favorite was Lei Fang, and I'm a little upset they made her a circus clown :P I hate the new outfit, but at least she still has the two dresses.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ Helena looks just great! I hope she will get her spandex/leather costumes back though, I never liked her dresses

PTwNU.jpg

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
All I really want is Lei-Fang's nice tight little black leather outfit back, is that too much to ask??

monstarkook

Ryonani Teamster
I may just cancel my preorder after seeing how Helena looks now.

She's missing her vivid, aqua green eyes. Her hair looks like it lacks body. She almost has a manjaw. Her hair bow doesn't even look like a bow anymore.

Nothing about her looks as pretty and elegant as it used to. It's like she's a completely different character.

I'm just all kinds of not okay with that.

View attachment 36422

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
My main disapointment is that Leon is not in the game. He was my main, and its a kick in the balls for him not to be added. I'll get this game, but not on release now. It may be a pre-owned job for me, a lil saddening as I was looking forwards to picking up the game, going Leon and kickin' butt as I used to in my 360 days :(

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ I agree that it's sad that they had to go mess up with the faces, since IMO the new ones are kinda ugly in comparision to old ones. Especially Ayane and Lei Fang look ugly. Ayane only seems to have one facial experssion, which is angry. Lei Fang looks like a little monkey girl now, I guess it explains why she is part of the circus... Kasumi also looks kinda angry all the time :S Hitomi, Tina and Helena are IMO the only ones that still look decent. Not gonna cancel my preorder, but still have to say that I liked them lot more when they were cute and sexy. Fuck realism, videogames don't need it as real life has enough of it!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
No kidding. If I wanted realism, I have life for that. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the models. Maybe Tecmo should focus on making AI that doesn't blatantly cheat to beat you!

edit: WHile we're on about this, anyone have any pics of Tina in DOA5? I haven't seen her yet.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
No kidding. If I wanted realism, I have life for that. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the models. Maybe Tecmo should focus on making AI that doesn't blatantly cheat to beat you!

edit: WHile we're on about this, anyone have any pics of Tina in DOA5? I haven't seen her yet.

There was for me at least. I'm bore of the same faces since 2. I also think the new models are better.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer the new faces and models over the old ones. I like the more realistic, less doll-esque looks.

Also, apparently the studio was rather...dedicated to getting the breast physics in the game just right. Dead or Alive Devs Went "Hands-On" to Get the Breast Physics Right in Dead or Alive 5 On the ryona side of things, that's all well and good, but I'm buying this game primarily because I enjoy the actual fighting that's going on, so I'm hoping they weren't too distracted by this and focused more on the fighting engine, which from the looks of things, they did.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer the new faces and models over the old ones. I like the more realistic, less doll-esque looks.

Completely agree with this. The graphics always got just a little better between games, but seriously, 2-3-4 were nearly interchangeable. It was time for a complete overhaul. I'm just sad that they didn't add more new characters.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I dunno. I have no faith iin them at all to make AI that doesn't just cheat. That's the easy, skill-less way out, and they've done that from the very beginning.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Completely agree with this. The graphics always got just a little better between games, but seriously, 2-3-4 were nearly interchangeable. It was time for a complete overhaul. I'm just sad that they didn't add more new characters.

...And when the XNAlara conversions eventually show up en masse, they won't look out of place when posed alongside tekken models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.