Dead or Alive series (3 Viewers)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah, it seems highly unlikely that Leon will feature in this game. Early builds had his name included within the Demo's but he has been taken out since from what I hear. Whilst I hated Tengu, its a shame he's not in it either as at the very least he had a good bearhug move :P

Anywayz, I hope the gal's have a fair few costumes like in the days of old. I'd be gutted if there's only two. I used to be able to make pretty colour co-ordinated or same themed tag teams with a few characters that I enjoyed playing. Since I'll probably get this game down the line rather than release date, I'll be missing out on the bunny outfits (which I don't really care for since I'm not into the tail and ears thing.) and I definatley won't be getting the collectors addition, in spite of missing out on some sexah kini outfits... I'm sure they will come out as DLC not too long afterwards anywayz.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The bunny outfits and all that will most likely be preoder bonuses, and then available to everyone else after 90 days.

Also, it looks like we see what happened to Lei Fang's black dress... she stole it from Sarah. Sarah took it back.

I sure hope there's more than two costumes...

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
She looks absolutely stunning, much hotter even compared to her appearances in previous game.
Her outfit seemed odd to me at first, but after watching that video I must say it is strangely appealing. I usually prefer either revealing or skin-tight costumes but in this case open shoes, those 'shin-guards' (erm, how do you call this item of clothing?) and the way the back of her dress flutters during combat combine to make a really striking impression. Without doubt her best 'main' costume to date.

There are also some renders/screenshots available:

helena_doa5_by_utsukushisachan-d5c8l4a.jpg

helena_doa5_by_utsukushisachan-d5c8koh.jpg

It's the first time I liked a virtual character so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
She's really great looking, I just don't like the bare feet. Not a foot fetish guy, do not like bare feet. At all.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ I really hope that Helena will still have at least some skin-tight costume available. I am liking how Sarah and Helena look, Kasumi is nice too even though she doesn't look like herself anymore.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Honestly I think the outfit just makes her look fat lol, funny saying that about a videogame character
Anyways there will be other choices and I'm pretty sure at least one will look good

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Holy crap. Helena looks sexy as hell with those glasses on!

Don't like how Kasumi's hair is ponytailed again, hope you can have it loose like in DOA4.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Those two new Helena's costumes are not bad, but I really hope she will have some more revealing and tight-fitting ones. Oh, and there's finally an image of the new girl. Looks like she might be just to randomguy's liking ;)

By the way, jun2009r released the first DOA5 ryona video:

It's quite good even though it is only a compilation of moves performed against Kasumi during some match.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Holy crap, Bayman's rolling guillotine choke at 33 seconds in that video! That's it, I'm buying this game for sure, now.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
We don't have to wait much longer for this, huh? I gotta say, La Mariposa's swimsuit is hot. Just...damn. Glad I'm getting the Collector's Edition.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Just found my favourite from this game! Kokoro is getting a sporty bike shorts outfit as one her alternatives:
uMwtD.jpg

KevinFace

Ryonani Teamster
Kokoro's technically a rule 36 Akira, so this is bound to be pretty interesting and I thought we already saw that costume.
Well at least it looks like it's trying to be an "actual fighting game" now as opposed to any other obnoxious statements I'd otherwise make.
[Comment will be edited whenever I remember what else I wanted to say]

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I think Kokoro is becoming the hottest DOA girl by a long shot this time around. I freakin' love that pic.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I think the swimsuit stuff is a cheap gimmick that should have stayed in the DOA volleyball games. It's dumb and a fighting game doesn't need it. Not interested in the Tekken ones either. Give me their fighting outfits any day.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Ah, that's right. I forgot you weren't too big on the swimsuit thing. To each their own. I think they're a nice bonus, and I just so happened to pre-order the Collector's Edition because I had a crap ton of trade-in credit at GameStop and wanted to spend it on something I could only get there, as I usually do all of my pre-ordering on Amazon due to being more reliable with their pre-order incentives. Could I live without the swimsuits? Sure, but now that I'm getting them anyway, they're there for my pleasure lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.