FireFall - Nude Mods (1 Viewer)

Shisaye

Vivacious Visitor
somehow i can't get raptor to change at all...
everything else works fine (besides assault but that is reported as broken allready)
but raptor is not even glichy or something,
when i put the 3 dds files (00106630.dds 00106632.dds and 00106633.dds) in the 00137000 folder in assetdb (as written in the readme) it just doesn't change anything at all for me ...
i also tried if my level would be the problem using the console to bring my character model down to lvl 1 again
(character.maxVisualProgressionLevel 1) but same result (no change whatsoever)

am i simply dumb again or doesn't that one work anymore? (but why does the rest work then?)

gachetbietdi

Potential Patron
somehow i can't get raptor to change at all...
everything else works fine (besides assault but that is reported as broken allready)
but raptor is not even glichy or something,
when i put the 3 dds files (00106630.dds 00106632.dds and 00106633.dds) in the 00137000 folder in assetdb (as written in the readme) it just doesn't change anything at all for me ...
i also tried if my level would be the problem using the console to bring my character model down to lvl 1 again
(character.maxVisualProgressionLevel 1) but same result (no change whatsoever)

am i simply dumb again or doesn't that one work anymore? (but why does the rest work then?)

about raptor part they change the director,you copy the dds files to 00187000.
and this project has been drop.he said he doesnt do this anymore

Xizayo

Potential Patron
No Dreadnaught? :(

How do you mod these files? I'd like to give a shot at them.

I gave it a shot recently but there is a problem, i can edit the textures and normals without issues but i can't solve the compression enigma. If i save them in DXT5 the game simply ignores the edits, if i save them in DXT3 it works but it partially breaks the warpaints and the colors appear all white. This is using the photoshop .dds compression tool.

If anyone can solve the riddle so edits can be made without breaking warpaints, i'd have some to share.
As to how to edit them, it is quite simple as firefall doesn't hide it's files, simply navigate to the appropriate folders and the textures are right there for the taking.

Example if you want to edit say the nighthawk texture you'll have to navigate to the firefall folder : Firefall/system/assetdb/00167000
There you'll find 3 textures 0016730 0016731 00167032, these will contain most of the information. I was unable to locate part of the textures that go on ''backpacks'' and some other elements as of yet. Oh and the normal maps is within alpha channels.

Let me know if you have any luck editing without breaking the warpaints.

horndogg

Potential Patron
I gave it a shot recently but there is a problem, i can edit the textures and normals without issues but i can't solve the compression enigma. If i save them in DXT5 the game simply ignores the edits, if i save them in DXT3 it works but it partially breaks the warpaints and the colors appear all white. This is using the photoshop .dds compression tool.

If anyone can solve the riddle so edits can be made without breaking warpaints, i'd have some to share.
As to how to edit them, it is quite simple as firefall doesn't hide it's files, simply navigate to the appropriate folders and the textures are right there for the taking.

Example if you want to edit say the nighthawk texture you'll have to navigate to the firefall folder : Firefall/system/assetdb/00167000
There you'll find 3 textures 0016730 0016731 00167032, these will contain most of the information. I was unable to locate part of the textures that go on ''backpacks'' and some other elements as of yet. Oh and the normal maps is within alpha channels.

Let me know if you have any luck editing without breaking the warpaints.

I looked around and found this mod on the official forums: Engineer - Female Engineer Old Skin? | Firefall Forums . The warpaint feature is preserved somehow. Maybe the author has more information?

Xizayo

Potential Patron
I looked around and found this mod on the official forums: Engineer - Female Engineer Old Skin? | Firefall Forums . The warpaint feature is preserved somehow. Maybe the author has more information?

Someone else here managed to get some edits working without breaking the warpaints but i couldn't reproduce, the person said they used direct x texture tool but that could mean anything, i tried to download the closest thing i found to something called directx texture tool but i didn't managed to do anything with it, it's a bunch of code that i am unfamiliar with.

I found it. from this very thread, posts 51 53 and 56, maybe BattleJesus could help with the process.

Also I just realized that version breaks warpaints. I re-did the mod mostly and now warpaints work
Engineer
Bastion
Electron[Can't test, don't have Electron yet]

Im using Four CC 8bit DXT5, but im also remaking the DDS in the DirectX texture tool and rebuilding everything including mipmaps

I said I was using the DirectX texture tool

The person who was asking didn't quite get what he meant and neither did i, sadly.

Yeah i am using that mod, it's great. I will try to send a pm to the original author but it's not looking good, according to his profile, was last seen: Dec 15, 2014.

J

JILogan

Great work. I modded mine to be more like bikinis. Unfortunately, after the last patch, there is only 1 super pale skin tone. How can that be fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.