Favorite ryona game/girl (1 Viewer)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
honestly Juri has terrible expressions in SF4 :/ ) While I had a smiler thing with SF2 and a grapple it was a mixture and not chun li. Mine was Cammy(still one of my faves) with her getting bitten squeezed and choked. Though if you look through my video thread you can guess Street Fighter's Sakura is my favorite. I love her build, she's buff but not insanely(like Chun li and her OMGWTFBBQ thighs) I really love short hair(I also strangely like braided hair..weird) and girls who are tough and at least a bit tomboyish. So girls like Sakura, Tekken's Asuka, SF Makoto, Cassandra, Kof's Yuri King Maylee(there are a lot in kof honestly)

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
^ Gotta say this but whoa, May Lee, bro? Man I though everyone forgot about her (which is an utter shame, I think she was an awesome character). I really do wish she somehow makes a comeback someday, but I guess with KOF XIII right around the corner you're gonna be all over that HD Yuri just like I will be. Still, nothing's really gonna beat Sakura for the #1 spot in my book.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Same here I love May Lee. The reason she is hated on a lot is cause she was in the original version of KOF 02 instead of King and her fans where pissed(mind you I like her too :P) Which is childish. May Lee is just a character. It's not like she can go up to the designers ask to be in and have King not in. Yeah I'll record KOF XIII Yuri after I've actually, you know, played the game :P. I like short hair(as I said before) but I miss Yuri's braid. Though her new hair reminds me of Shun Shang Xiang's back in the day. Also Sakura's my number 1 too

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ IMO KOF XIII graphics look so bad, especially Yuri. She looks like 10 year old kid plus the drawer forgot to draw her a neck. I mean what's wrong with her head, it looks like there's no neck at all :(

kof13-23.jpg

This is what she's supposed to look like:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/yuri-erufan.jpg

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
2 things A she has a neck but for one reason or another all female characters in this game have bigger moe hids. Even Mai does. B that art work is from a card game not official art and not official art for this game

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
The graphics for that game still look hideous though, considering it's at a resolution and scale that they could easily make the characters look like their portraits on their lifebars.

...and that fire! Looks like a bad explosion effect from gamemaker...

C

crazyman

Tekken: Lili, Alisa, Julia, Jun.
DOA: Kasumi, Lei Fang
Backyard Wrestling: Adrienne pain
Beatdown: Gina
Kakuto Chojin: Victoria (If only the game had better grapples...Arrrgh....)
Haunting Ground: Fiona
Kensei Sacred Fist: The chinese girl...(Forget her name haha)
Ehrgeiz: Tifa

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
I like girls with really long hair (like, waist-long) so my three favourite ryona game girls are Helena from DOA as well as Zafina and Julia from Tekken.

Apart from her waist-long hair (it's a shame really that there is only one hairstyle - ponytail - available for her, it isn't possible to let her hair completely loose the way I prefer, as in Lei Fang's case) I love her aristocratic looks and classic facial features. Also, her expression and the way she moves seem to say "I am better than you, you are way below my level" and that makes it even hotter when she gets beaten up in the game. I noticed, however, that many player don't seem to like her and there is very little ryona with her.

Zafina's her are not as long as Helena's, but they are black which is my favourite hair-colour (I generally prefer dark hair). The way she moves is also really sexy as well as her Arabian-style outfits.
It's a shame though that in most ryona clips she has her hair in a bun and not flowing freely.

Julia's hair are almost as long as Helena's, but sadly she only wears them in braids. Fortunately, it looks like Jaycee (who seems to be Julia in disguise) in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will wear her hair completely loose. Just as in Helena's case, there is very little ryona with her available.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ The reason why there is no Helena ryona is because she is so damn hard to unlock! Helena ryona would be soo awesome, especially in this costume:

1226679209682.jpg

As for Julia ryona, I think randomguy has done many videos of her in default outfit. Might want to check them out :P
I did plenty of Zafina videos in her butterfly costume, but she has her default hair in all of them :(

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
I personally think that her best DOA4 costume is this one, bur her other outfits are also great. And I love the bearhug shown on that picture.

I've watched your Zafina vids a lot of times already - they are some of the best Tekken ryona clips.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ I like that costume too, though I prefer her default one.
I tried to unlock Helena in DOA4 but learned that it is impossible because of the cheating bastard AI. Also thought of making a video of her in DOA2U (she is not unlockable in that one) but the game doesn't have damage voices (and I don't have her voice pack) plus the graphics are much less impressive than in DOA4. I really hope she will be in DOA5, and not as unlockable character...

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
I agree that the addition of damage voices in DOA4 was a real improvement over previous DOA games. However, some of the voices (especially Hitomi's) are really annoying.

Although the graphics in DOA4 are superior, in my opinion the characters in DOA2U still look better. In DOA4 they are very doll-like, as if they were made of plastic, while in DOA2U they look much more human. Also, there is a much bigger choice of costumes in DOA2U, especially of the skimpy ones. The lack of swimsuits in DOA4 was the biggest disappointment with that game for me.

I don't have any consoles so I can't play DOA4, but I've been thinking about making some DOA Online ryona vids. DOA Online is a port of DOA2U to PC - without most of game modes, but with multi-player and sparring. The player has access to all characters and their costumes, as well as to every arena from the start, which makes it perfect for ryona purposes.

BTW, has anyone here played Dead or Alive Dimensions? I've been hunting for some ryona from that game, but the gameplay vids from it are few and far between and of low quality.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
they ALWAYS looked doll like. In fact DOA4's look the same as 2's graphics. Both look dreamcast era too. Seriously a friend of mine was playing 4 when his brother walked in and honestly thought it was a dreamcast game until he saw the controller.

I always hated how all the females have one body model they all share with one another(other then in 4 where they added one girl with smaller boobs and a guy who is girlish looking.) and there are two faces. Face one is the anime face used for the Asian fighters, two is the western animation face which is used on the western females. Hell half them have the same haircut(long hair with bangs) and the hair is TERRIBLY animated specially if you compare it to say how tekken's hair animates not 6..well 6 is better too but I mean 5 (it looks ok with ayane and tina cause there hair is short enough to where it's harder to point out the flaws.) That and other then Ayane and the lucha girl the female fighters have pretty much no personality which is a huge turn off for me. Also Kasumi is a bit of a mary sue...just sayin

Though the gameplay is the biggest issue with the doa series. I'd go into it buuut think I already annoyed enough people

Ares

Potential Patron
Though the gameplay is the biggest issue with the doa series. I'd go into it buuut think I already annoyed enough people

You spoke your mind, that's what the forum is for. I think the DOA chicks are marvelous, but I'm still happy to hear a differing opinion.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
they ALWAYS looked doll like. In fact DOA4's look the same as 2's graphics. Both look dreamcast era too. Seriously a friend of mine was playing 4 when his brother walked in and honestly thought it was a dreamcast game until he saw the controller.

I'm not saying that DOA2U characters look perfect or completely human-like, but they still look better than characters in DOA4. In DOA4 their skin looks like made of plastic.

I always hated how all the females have one body model they all share with one another(other then in 4 where they added one girl with smaller boobs and a guy who is girlish looking.) and there are two faces. Face one is the anime face used for the Asian fighters, two is the western animation face which is used on the western females. Hell half them have the same haircut(long hair with bangs) and the hair is TERRIBLY animated specially if you compare it to say how tekken's hair animates not 6..well 6 is better too but I mean 5 (it looks ok with ayane and tina cause there hair is short enough to where it's harder to point out the flaws.) That and other then Ayane and the lucha girl the female fighters have pretty much no personality which is a huge turn off for me. Also Kasumi is a bit of a mary sue...just sayin

You are right about body types and how hair is animated, but I have to disagree with your opinion about faces. What do you mean by "anime face"? The faces of all characters (well, except Tengu, of course) look perfectly realistic. And every girl has a different face. You can compare their faces here: Helena, Hitomi, Tina. Hitomi has a round face while Helena has a more oval one and Tina has the longest face of the three. Tina has also a much more pointed chin and bigger mouth than Helena or Hitomi. Furthermore, Hitomi's nose is wider than Helena's who has a rather delicate-looking nose. If you wish, you can compare other girls, but a glance is enough for me to see that they are different.

About hair - only Hitomi and Kasumi have long hair with bangs in DOA2U, and you can select other hairstyles for Kasumi. All in all the girls have really varied hairstyles.

I'm not going to argue about personality (well, not much, anyway ;)) because I never watch cut-scenes or follow the plot in fighting games, but as I said above, Helena looks quite haughty to me. Tina, on the other hand, strikes me as a very cocky fighter.

ChooSum

Potential Patron
I love games where you have female companions and you can start hurting and killing them without any consequences. Fallout : New Vegas is a good example of this. You can even move their bodies around and dismember their limbs after they're dead. Shame that they don't have any decent girls in the game for us to work our magic on.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
My outright favourite has to be Julia Chang, Lili being a second. From Soul Calibur, I like Cassandra, as she retained most of that outfit Sophitia used to have in Soul Calibur 2.

Edit: You gotta give props to Chun Li though, she was the original fighting game babe after all. IIRC Street Fighter was supposed to be an all male cast but one of the developers insisted a woman be cast in the game, so that's where she came from, and then basically that started the trend.

P

perziashammas

1. Cammy from Street Fighter. 2. Sonya Blade. 3. Sophitia and Cassandra from S.C. 4. Tiffany from Rival Schools. 4. Miss Spencer from Rumble Roses. BLONDES! rs-tiffany-lords.jpg

Ryonaer

Ryonani Teamster
Tekken - Asuka & Christie
Street Fighter - Chun Li
Dead or Alive - Christie
Soul Calibur - Ivy & Taki
King of Fighters - Mai
Mortal Kombat - Mileena
Rumble Roses - Miss Spencer & Evil Rose

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.