1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[DOA5LR] A Few Modding Tools (Updated 6/18/16)

Discussion in 'Tools & Guides' started by NiteGuardian, Dec 11, 2015.

1. NiteGuardian

NiteGuardian A Fighter Staff Member Moderator

First off None of these are Created by me, I am purely re-sharing them since about half are hard to find or gone from the major websites that host DOA Mods, I would list credits on them but I can't find the original posts (dead sites/accounts) and the documentation with them does not provide any Author names.

I have found many members of the PC modding community do not know how to mod Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, this post will hopefully help you in finding the Tools and Forums where you can get what you need.

Please remember, I can only help you learn how to use some of them, I cannot update or fix any and you are using them at your own risk, back up your files before you start!

__________________________________________________________________________________

I Can provide Help learning to use these Tools:

DLC Tool hogehoge 1.4.0
    This Tool allows you to Build (if you have the TMC, TMCL, -C and -P files, optionally the -H and -HL files) your own custom DLC.

once you make a DLC folder you have to move it to the DOA5 directory and place it inside the DLC folder there, if you have no DLC folder make one.

DLC ini Hack 1.06
    The ini Hack allows you to install custom DLC, this is the most common and standard way of Modding DOA5 for PC, this should work on Game.exe 1.05+ versions.

you drag the contents of this to your DOA5 directory and if prompted choose to replace files, then open the .ini file with a wordpad program and edit the lines saying "DLC001=352150" etc, so that only the files you actually have installed are listed, make sure the DLC numbers are in order and not skipping any (example: DLC001, DLC002, DLC004 may not work since 003 is missing).

DLC ini Hack 1.04
    this 1.04 hack is kept up for those that have a backup or torrent copy of the game and should work for Game.exe 1.00 - 1.04 versions however I will not provide any help with a Game.exe older than the 1.04 version.

Lnk Reshuffle 5.2
    This allows you to replace or extract the base game and official DLC Costumes, it takes a bit of practice so be patient but once you figure it out it is a powerful and easy Tool, this can convert some files the Archive Tool can't.

you must look in the DOA5 directory (or for official DLC the DLC folder inside the DOA5 directory) and choose .bin files to begin browsing or editing the game.

Archive Tool 1.2.1
    This allows you to replace or extract the base game and official DLC Costumes, this is a alternate option to Lnk Reshuffle and can convert some files it Lnk can't.

Texture Tool 1.3
    This allows you to replace the Textures inside the TMC or -P files, if you have a uMod creation by someone else you would like to run as a permanent change to an outfit or an original texture you made and want to swap in, this will allow you to do so without the need for uMod.

this Tool is useless until you learn to use Lnk Reshuffle or Archive Tool, or have TMC files from another mod you wish to practice on.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I Cannot provide any Help for these Tools:

NoeSiS 4.09742
    Allows you to view TMC files in a 3D model viewer, just because it will not load in this Tool does not mean it won't work in the game, but it can be helpful with the other Tools below.

This may require Python to be installed to work.

Noesis --H --P Plugin
    Noesis TMC Plugin Custom 1.6
    Noesis tmcmesh Plugin 1.1
    ModelExport TOOL Noesis v4157
    Plugins for Noesis, The above packed one should already have these in it but listed in case there is major update and they are again needed for it.

TMC Polygon Removal Tool 0.8.2
    With this you can remove parts of a mesh or a whole set of vertices from an outfit.

Without a 3D model viewer like the one above you can't see what you are doing, and I strongly recommend using Noesis to see as you go.

TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.6.1
    With this you can add whole new parts to a Mesh from another outfit.

Without a 3D model viewer like the one above you can't see what you are doing, and I strongly recommend using Noesis to see as you go.

TMC UV Tool 0.6.1
    TMCsuke 1.7.0
    Never used these but they are very popular on the Japanese and Chinese Websites so I know they are useful, seen a few tutorials in bad English around for them.

Game Save Resigner 0.1
    This allows you to edit your Game Saves so you can copy them across several copies of the game with different Usernames, it uses your hidden Steam ID, so be sure to look it up before using.

You drag and drop the save onto it and it overrides your save files, so make backups before trying this.

Blender TMC(PC) Importer 0.3.0
    Blender tmcmesh Importer-Exporter 0.5.3
    Blender Transfer Vertex Normals 0.3.1
    These are the scripts for Blender so it can handle tmcmesh data.

BLP Converter PC
    Honestly have no clue what this is, but again its popular on the Japanese and Chinese Websites.

Alternate Downloads from MediaFire, Mega, and Dropbox folders can be found over Here at my Blog!

Other Recommended Tools and Guides

Timmyc's Tools at Undertow

Harry Palmer's Tools at LoversLab

SaafRats' Removing Clothes Guide at Undertow

Harry Palmer's How to Edit Vertex Data Guide at Undertow

CeeBee88's How to use Mods in the Steam Version Guide at Undertow

kholdy's Basic Modding Tutorials at LoversLab

bbbmods' Hair and Face Guide at LoversLab

Final Disclaimer

I am Not responsible for any damage these tools may do to your game or your save files.

I am Not the creator of these Tools and cannot update or change them.
    If the Author of a guide I linked to moves it and lets me know I will update my links, but I give no promises they will remain available (the ones on Undertow will most likely remain active).
    If someone can prove they are the Author I will add credit to them or remove those Tools if they do not want me to post them here (unlikely since I could not find them).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. NiteGuardian

NiteGuardian A Fighter Staff Member Moderator

Just a quick shameless bump, to let everyone know I have updated several of the Tools listed here and want to ask your help finding any new ones or updates I'm missing! please?

I know I need to add a URL to AutoLink and track down the Destructible Clothing tools as well.

Ishidacorp likes this.
  3. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Thank for the updates. It's not a bump when you add new content six months after the original post.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (global moderator)