Dark souls 2 simple semi-nude patch (1 Viewer)

Zoetropes

Potential Patron
Hello,
I have been fiddling with Dark Souls 2 textures a bit and discovered that even though most (all?) textures are DXT1, the game will in fact swallow 8-bit alpha DXT5-files. With that in mind you can take something like the invisible Aurous pants and black out the entire alpha channel. You need to leave a sliver of non-black in there or the Photoshop Nvidia DDS plugin will just remove the channel altogether, but you can simply put it in a place outside the UV mapping.

Results:

dks2-n1.jpg dks2-n2.jpg dks2-n3.jpg dks2-n4.jpg

The above is with an alpha-nulled DXT5 default tatters. You can't get rid of the previous black parts easily, it appears that the engine uses channels in the normal and specular maps in ways I don't quite understand. Most likely each model has a flag whether to show that part or not, and in bottoms that cover up the entire section it is switched off.

I can share my work but it would be better if someone else did because I use strictly medium res textures due to an old computer. I also use TexMod 0.9b, not GeDoSaTo.

Z.

spawn90

Vivacious Visitor
I cant seem to get it to work and i followed the readme and what you said on here could you post a video on how to get it to work and were you need to put GeDoSATO i have it in my game folder but i cant seem to get it to work with mods help

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I can share my work but it would be better if someone else did because I use strictly medium res textures due to an old computer. I also use TexMod 0.9b, not GeDoSaTo.

Z.

I recommend you share your work; since it is a full nude, please create a new topic.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

nudeseeker

Casual Client
im so totally agreed with Fleet, please share it so others can work on it with a better pc hehe, if you give them permissions, of course.. smiles.. please don't forget a trimmed version or hairy too.

that is a really beautiful shaved chicken smiles.............

Silvist

Potential Patron
@Zoetropes - That would explain alot in regards to why some of the tex edits I did, would not work at all. Though I used some injection of pngs; since Gedosato supports them. They also sometimes would not work if edited in a certain way. The flag part was mentioned before, and it really makes sense.

In terms of Texmod, the only issue I had was the textures saved names. The original texture name would be completely different when extracted with Gedosato. When I would try to inject the texture into the game it would not show up at all. Though this could be due to the fact I'm running the game on ultra settings where as texmod runs on directx 9.

Regardless, awesome work you've done there!

someoney3000

Potential Patron
Wow looking awesome Zoetropes! Pls share :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the partial nude patch exists. When combined with nulled Aurous set, there isn't a black strip to worry about. Just got to find someone to add a the missing genitalia to the texture and we have a full nude patch. I'm too lazy to photoshop right now, but it appears someone already did so in this thread. Anyways View attachment DSII - Basic Nude Patch.zip

Basic instructions:

1) Download GeDoSaTo (metaclassofnilblog), extract, stash it somewhere.
2) Unzip and place the images in View attachment DSII - Basic Nude Patch.zip to GeDoSaTo_DS2Edition_Alpha5\textures\DarkSoulsII\override
3) Edit GeDoSaTo.ini's enableTextureOverride to true.
4) Run GeDoSaToTool.exe and activate.
5) Run Dark Souls II, equip Aurous set, kill stuff with your boner.

nude.png

satomakoto43

Potential Patron
Thanks someoney3000, I already tried your null Aurous method and it looks awesome.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

My PC is not too powerful, can you take some time and convert the textures to Medium quality ?
Anyway, thank you very much for the n-patch.

N

necroincest

I did every step and still can't get it to work, does it have anything to do with me using a pirate version of the game? everything has been fine with the game except that i can't go online but i don't think it should be a problem with the mod

V

Vex

If anyone can figure out how to replace one model with another, give the Desert Sorceress set a try (replace the default no armor model with it). I noticed early on while playing dress up with Rosabeth that the bra and underwear are entirely separate models from the nude body beneath. I assume Rosabeth uses the player model. Deleting or alpha texturing the Desert Sorceress top and skirt should give a fine canvas to work with. If you can get any of that to work.

goune23

Potential Patron
I did every step and still can't get it to work, does it have anything to do with me using a pirate version of the game? everything has been fine with the game except that i can't go online but i don't think it should be a problem with the mod

Open the GeDoSaTo folder, then open the textures folder, open or make the DarkSoulsII folder, then open or make the override folder.

So it should look like this GeDoSaTo/textures/DarkSoulsII/override/

Zoetropes

Potential Patron
Vex;

You cannot easily replace a texture's alpha channel for Phyre games who use FLEV models. The reason it works with the invisible Aurous set is because it uses a shader for the translucent effect.

Phyre does not work like UE3 and similar engines, it assignes transparency to polygon (smoothing) groups, if a group is not flagged for transparency, using a null-alpha texture will not work (it'll use what's in the diffuse without alpha). Dark Souls II outfit models are only flagged for transparency on the "fringes" of the clothing item (ie. coat bottoms that flare with physics). Items without see-through parts like the desert sorceress top have no transparency flags at all, if you null the alpha it will simply remain a black model outline.

Clothing items with lots of holes are most likely to have large alpha-flagged groups, like the prisoner's tatters set. There are no bottoms except for the invisible Aurous set with every single polygon group set to transparency, the closest is the prisoner's tatters bottoms, but they still have a patch of non-transparency in.. strategic areas. What's more, that texture has UV overlapping, ie. the part that covers what's "interesting" have UV coordinates intersecting the flappy loincloth part, so you can't "paint" over them with something matching the skin tone.

Keep in mind also that the nulled texture will still cast shadows under certain circumstances, which makes it preferrable to null prisoner's tatters rather than a more bulky, away-from-the-body-model item. This screenshot is prisoner's tatters head/chest, lion mage cuffs and Aurous bottoms:

2014-06-13_00012.jpg

If anyone is still interested, I can share the TPF, but there are already much more comprehensive texture packs out there.

Z.

nudeseeker

Casual Client
@Zoetropes, we always like to test your mods but you aren't releasing it just posting screenshots. even it's in low resolution textures I don't mind at all because it is still a good mods to play with. I mean your nude mods is more realistic than other creator here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.