Slay the Spire Dark Carnal Horror Mod (GURO WARNING!) (1 Viewer)

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Warning: Flay the Spire contains depictions of EXTREME violence and gore (Guro) and should probably not be viewed by anyone.

THE HEART pulses many maiden's blood. The abductees' mutilated corpses are fleshy decorations, grim reminders of the atrocities they suffered in THE HEART's name. Whoever goes to save them soon realizes that avenging their deaths is all one can hope for. Many heroes themselves fall victim to The Spire's bloodlust…

TL;DR: Flay the Spire brings the gory horror of Diablo 1 to Slay the Spire by changing some cosmetic aspects into an extremely NSFW dark fantasy horror setting. Download the mod / preview pictures at your own risk.

Flay The Spire is inspired by the aesthetics of the original Diablo from 1996, a game that did not yet censor itself in its artistic depictions of carnal horror. Naked impaled corpses were abundant in this game, and it was mostly the low 640x480 resolution of the 90s that let a mainstream game get away with it.
The fascination with this unapologetic depiction of gore never really left me. You see the horror of Diablo's level design and can't help but ask yourself: "what atrocities have happened here?" This mod aims to reproduce those feelings in a modern game - a game that already has potential for a very dark backstory.

As such, its contents are not for the faint of heart (pun intended).

After popularizing and then quitting Hearthstone modding years ago (though the pirated thread seems to be still thriving), I recently felt like giving an all time favorite of mine a makeover: Slay the Spire. This mod is focused on the most extreme aspect of my Hearthstone mods: Guro, of the depiction of fictional gore, and it's not holding back.

Important Disclaimer: The contents of this mod are entirely fictional;
Real violence against women (or anyone, for that matter) is a despicable act that is despised by the author of this mod and should not be condoned by anyone. It is also why I'm interested in said content; because it is fictional, it can break ultimate taboos (which is a kink of mine and many others) without actually hurting a soul.

If you think graphic fictional violence might offend you and still download this mod, that's on you. If you feel bad for liking the content of this mod, know that you're not hurting any real person. However, if you attack people who like it, you are attacking a real person. Don't be the asshole.

How to install:

The mod comes in 2 Variants: Flay the Spire, which includes both cards and background art, and Flay the Spire Light, which excludes the modified card art. Same as with my Hearthstone mod, I'm depending on 3rd party software for texture modding, in this case from the Steam Workshop.

0. If you're still playing unmodded Slay the Spire, you first need to install "ModTheSpire" and "BaseMod" from the Steam workshop, found here (Steam Workshop::ModTheSpire) and here (Steam Workshop::BaseMod), respectively. Also, a Guide on how to install mods with a non Steam version of the game can be found on Reddit here: /r/slaythespire/comments/gj5kel/howto_add_mods_to_gog_version/ (for some reason it wouldn't let me post a direct link here)

1. Install the "Texture Replacer" Mod from the Steam Workshop. It can be found here (Steam Workshop::Texture Replacer)

2. Unzip your preferred version of the Texture Pack Flay the Spire (found below) with all sub-folders into (Your Steam Location)\steamapps\common\SlayTheSpire\texPacks\. FlayTheSpire or FlayTheSpireLight should be the folder within \texpacks, with the other \beyondscene etc. as its subfolders.

3. Start Slay the Spire with the above mods enabled.

4. In the main menu of the game, select "Mods", then select "Texture Replacer" and hit "Config" below. Put a checkmark at "FlayTheSpire" or "FlayTheSpireLight".

5. Restart the game once (this is only necessary the first time you select the mod to avoid glitches and does not need to be repeated on consecutive game starts)

6. Play the game and be offended.

Featured artists:
Backgrounds: Feather
Cards: emikochan, ndofline, tsepesi, underrock

my2pczkxvv7.jpg
84jdcnvr5p4.jpg
pyq9cg3p9o4.jpg

myd5cjexv54.jpg

Attachments

FlayTheSpireLight.zip
10.8 MB · Views: 134

FlayTheSpire.zip
27 MB · Views: 303

Foofer12

Potential Patron
I cannot seem to get texture replacer to work. I've got everything installed correctly (as far as I am aware, anyway), and I can get the mod menu to come up. It has texture replacer on it, so I know that's installed, but if I hit play, the game crashes on frame 1. If I uncheck texture replacer, the game boots up just fine. Have I missed something obvious?

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Not an expert, for me it just worked... are you running both ModTheSpire and BaseMod? Maybe installing the StS-Library (Steam Workshop::StSLib) might help, but I'm not sure. Otherwise just uninstalling an reinstalling game and mods usually does wonders to things. Keep me posted if you figure it out!

Foofer12

Potential Patron
I've already got those installed, but I can try uninstalling and reinstalling once I get home from work. I'll keep you updated.

Foofer12

Potential Patron
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, but I did manage to figure out the issue. Turns out, Texture Replacer and Mod the Spire ++ don't play nicely with each other. Just use regular Mod the Spire and it works fine apparently.

HELLHULK79

Potential Patron
thank you for this mod it is so hard to find NSFW mods for this game I would love if they were more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.