[Costume Modding Tutorial] [An Easy Visual Guide] (1 Viewer)

Synonymous

Content Creator
darkflip95 said:
I'll have a go myself first. So in the settings layer, where it has the line "registermod", that's where you put the mod name?

Well, here's the .fla anyway.
Ahh, I see

registerMod(instancename) lines are in the wrong place
Screen_Shot_2013_11_12_at_8_00_19_PM.png

I gave the top template the instance name "upper"
Screen_Shot_2013_11_12_at_8_00_57_PM.png

Bottoms template is "lower"
Screen_Shot_2013_11_12_at_8_03_47_PM.png

Rename it back to SDTmod.fla, make a backup named SDTmod2.fla right before deleting reference layers
Keep both inside the SDTModding folder

Delete the reference layers inside the templates and publish

Synonymous

Content Creator
Good job scripting, it worked =D

I noticed that the Top template is correct, but the bottoms are drawn in the wrong place

You can redraw here or copy/paste the skirt to try to salvage it (don't forget her other leg)
Screen_Shot_2013_11_12_at_8_50_47_PM.png

Draw on green, delete red (only 1 layer is left) when you're done so she won't be gray lol
If one of the layers on the timeline is 'Settings', you're drawing on the wrong place

darkflip95

Vivacious Visitor
Okay, so after a day or two of experimentation I have a few questions.

- When I'm making the details of a piece of clothing (for instance, the folds on a chest piece, how do I actually get them to follow the motion of the breasts?

- What is the general process of making a chest piece? There are multiple sections as opposed to the two mains on the legs (Thighs and shins)

mathaius

Potential Patron
Maybe I missed it, but i didn't find the Hue-shifting part of the tutorial..someone can explain me how to make a mod hue-shiftable?

darkflip95

Vivacious Visitor
Okay. So I've been messing around for a few weeks and now I'm wondering: how do I make a dynamic top? I've been clicking around on the breast layers but nothing's been happening.

darkflip95

Vivacious Visitor
So, me again, I'm having a bit of a problem with making clothes on the body template. This is the first time I've made a outfit that covers a lot more than the ones I've done before. The problem I'm running into is that the character's breasts disappear when the outfit is loaded in-game.

uY7YYQI.jpg

Synonymous

Content Creator
darkflip95 said:
So, me again, I'm having a bit of a problem with making clothes on the body template. This is the first time I've made a outfit that covers a lot more than the ones I've done before. The problem I'm running into is that the character's breasts disappear when the outfit is loaded in-game.

uY7YYQI.jpg
Avoid the body template unless it's for sleeves/gloves
Even then, I'd only use these 7 layers with var overwrite:Boolean = false; in the settings

Anything covering the breasts should be on the top template instead
[attachimg=1]

Congrats on your new thread

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-01-20-at-6.07.35-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-01-20-at-6.07.35-PM.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 945

Count Distinct

Potential Patron
Just letting you know, this guide has helped me a lot. I'm not ready to publish anything here yet but your guide has helped me immensely.

darkflip95

Vivacious Visitor
Hey, has anyone come across a weird issue where shapes drawn on the body template have a different color to the ones drawn on the top or bottom template?

I've run into this repeatedly and I'm wondering what's wrong since both shapes have the exact same color.

Synonymous

Content Creator
darkflip95 said:
Hey, has anyone come across a weird issue where shapes drawn on the body template have a different color to the ones drawn on the top or bottom template?

I've run into this repeatedly and I'm wondering what's wrong since both shapes have the exact same color.
Parts on the body template are affected by skin color changes, it might be that

I'm guessing you have a code in the mod for a custom skin tone to load automatically
Mod loads -> Skin tone adjusts -> Sleeve color adjusts

A solution would be to use one of the four(?) regular skin tones instead

americanole

Potential Patron
Hello, I'm having an issue, since I'm terribly bad at drawing I thought why not use this to convert some of the older stuff into things I can import into moreclothing and such so I started with Hildegarde. I used swf given in first attachment.

I was able to remake it (not ideally), however some issues came up:

• Her arm(glove) in handjob mode isn't wearing a glove, I couldnt find a template for that.
  • One of her arms with hands behind isn't wearing a glove, couldn't find a template for that either.
  • The area a little bit above her chest seems naked, I guess I could draw some nonsense over the body template in that location but is there a better solution?
  • Her skirt is looking a little bit weird when moving, is there a way to fix that?
  • Her skirt is layered over the leg, is there a way to fix it? I tried drawing over the leg but the texture didn't move in game. I also tried to switch the order of layers, it didn't help either.
  • Where to find information on breast/rgb slider support?

Thanks

index.php

Attachments

• newtry.png
    newtry.png
    213 KB · Views: 884
Hildagarde.swf
23.4 KB · Views: 742

hildaf.swf
165.9 KB · Views: 893

hildaf.fla
3.3 MB · Views: 247

Faceless

Content Creator
Assuming this is vanilla:
  • handjob mode is entirely unsupported
  • arms:back is only partially supported
  • the template tutorial explains how to use the sliders
  • the tutorial neglects to mention that the chest component can also be tied into the breast sliders
  • not much you can do about the leg layering issue

sby

Content Creator
Coder
you can try using my alternate loader template, it is how i converted some of the unusual clothing that is included with moreclothing.

not sure if i ever got the armwear hue slider fully working on it, also didn't try the bra template. i haven't heard much about others using it to try it out, despite it essentially being the same as the vanilla template plus some extra stuff to use xD. i suppose its appeal of vanilla style mods that require the loader is a tad contradictory.

it does have armwear and handjob support; made the template by grabbing pieces from faceless's zero suit samus loader mod xD

americanole

Potential Patron
Figured out the RGB and Breast sliders, had that chest area which wasnt clothed drawn onto back piece, seemed to work ok.

@Faceless

Thanks, tutorial did help with sliders although it's kind of annoying to manually create like 20 rgb fill layers, wish there was an option to do one layer for entire thing for simplier outfits.

Did not quite catch what you meant with the chest sentence.

@Sby

I wanted to try yours from the beginning but it required Adobe Flash 5.5 or higher while I had 5th. Now I downloaded 6 and it did load.

Tried using your armwear template and while it did do the handjob/back done, I thought I had a bugg with one of the arms not being coloured.

After that I simply tried to test it. I went into armwear template, got the outline for every reference, coloured it dark blue,deleted reference and published the mod. However, what I received had multiple positions where hand was using some references not in the armwear template. What was I doing wrong?

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Untitlefawd.png
    Untitlefawd.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 600

Faceless

Content Creator
americanole said:
Did not quite catch what you meant with the chest sentence.
If you change the breast size while she's wearing the cut-off shirts, you'll see that the non-breast portions of the shirt change as well. This is done by creating a MovieClip on the chest layer, which has the same number of frames as the breast template. In fact, if you copy the existing breast template onto the chest layer, that breast will follow the breast sliders like the regular breasts.

After that I simply tried to test it. I went into armwear template, got the outline for every reference, coloured it dark blue,deleted reference and published the mod. However, what I received had multiple positions where hand was using some references not in the armwear template. What was I doing wrong?
Those objects have multiple frames. You're only editing the first.

Huh. I just noticed that those references look suspiciously like grayscale versions of ZSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.