[Costume Modding Tutorial] [An Easy Visual Guide] (1 Viewer)

anonroblow

Potential Patron
Anyone know where to get flash now? I kind of found out about this game like last week and I want to make mods but I can't download flash now since its been taken off the adobe website. Anyone got any ideas to help me start making mods? It'd be really appreciated thanks.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Anyone know where to get flash now? I kind of found out about this game like last week and I want to make mods but I can't download flash now since its been taken off the adobe website. Anyone got any ideas to help me start making mods? It'd be really appreciated thanks.
SDT mods are made either with Adobe Animate (formerly Flash Pro) for SWF mods, or any raster graphics editor that handles layers for PNG (static) hair mods.
If you're talking about Flash Projector (the software used to open SWF files), there is one in sby alternate loader template (it's version 11 but it's perfectly fine for SDT).

A list of tutorials is in the well named Tutorials & Templates Summary.

anonroblow

Potential Patron
SDT mods are made either with Adobe Animate (formerly Flash Pro) for SWF mods, or any raster graphics editor that handles layers for PNG (static) hair mods.
If you're talking about Flash Projector (the software used to open SWF files), there is one in sby alternate loader template (it's version 11 but it's perfectly fine for SDT).

A list of tutorials is in the well named Tutorials & Templates Summary.
Okay I'll look into getting Adobe Animate then thanks

stealth.ie

Content Creator
This is great, I started messing with it already and just made some thigh highs, but when I go to try and delete my reference layer, it wants to delete the drawing I did along with it because it's all on the same layer. Maybe I'm missing something?

Also when I try to publish (just to try and see if anything would even work), I get an error: "No valid HTML templates are available to complete this operation"

Please help! I've been meaning to tackle mods for a long time. If anyone has a video tutorial that's even better!

Last edited:

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Coder
Modder
Designer
This is great, I started messing with it already and just made some thigh highs, but when I go to try and delete my reference layer, it wants to delete the drawing I did along with it because it's all on the same layer. Maybe I'm missing something?

Also when I try to publish (just to try and see if anything would even work), I get an error: "No valid HTML templates are available to complete this operation"

Please help! I've been meaning to tackle mods for a long time. If anyone has a video tutorial that's even better!
for number one make sure that everything you do is on the mod layer. the reference layer is just that its just for seeing if you want to check if you put stuff in reference layer hide your mod layer or layers so that only the reference shows up if stuff that is not the reference is showing there you can cut and paste in place the stuff that was stuck on the reference layer into the proper mode layer

also i suggest guiding the layer instead of deleting it. guiding does basically the same thing it gets rid off the layer so it doesnt load. the reason you would want to guide instead of deleting the layer is you can un guide a layer so if you ever need to do updates or changes post launch you can still have the reference layer

as for the error as most guides don't tell you this its understandable make sure your fla is in a folder with the sdtmods folder so it can use that stuff to properly publish the mod reference my folder set up
2022-12-26 (2).png
yah see if that fixes it

sclover13

Content Creator

Based on that error I have a feeling you're attempting to publish an html canvas file. You may have converted your fla to that, in which case it would be advisable to redownload the template files and start from scratch.
If you want a walkthrough hit me up on the SDT discord anytime and I'll block out some time to do a video tutorial for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.