Costume layers (1 Viewer)

MyNameIsChef

Potential Patron
Hello gajs,
I am using the newest version of sby's moreclothing mod and one thing that always bothers me when installing new outfits is, that artists never state, how they seperated the costume. That means, that, when registering the costume, I need to guess, whether or not I should add it as CostumeTop or CostumeBottoms etc.
Is there a way to find out, how an outfit has been seperated by it's artist?
Thank you in advance,
My name is Chef.

stuntcock

Content Creator
That means, that, when registering the costume, I need to guess, whether or not I should add it as CostumeTop or CostumeBottoms etc.
If you really want to know then you can use JPEXS to decompile the SWF and find out.

For most purposes, it's easier to just import the file "as is". If you refrain from specifying any costume categories, then moreClothing will simply import all of the available parts (with each one being added to the corresponding selector).

If you subsequently find that the user experience is confusing (e.g. the sleeves of a shirt fail to appear when the shirt is selected in the TOP category, because they were technically implemented as a BODY mod) then it's worth putting in some additional effort to decompile the SWF and tweak its moreClothing configuration entry.

-------------------​

More generally, you can also post in an artist's thread (or leave reviews on their Download entries), to let creators know that you would appreciate more information. The moreclothing compatible tag exists to help identify mods which should be "ready to go" in this respect. Creators probably aren't withholding this information in order to be mysterious or uncooperative. They may simply be unaware that users are having trouble getting their mods to work with moreClothing. They may have assumed that people would use a costume mod as-is, rather than trying to mix-and-match it into a composite (or partially undressed) design. Some of them may not even use moreClothing regularly, so the whole issue may have escaped their attention.

There's no harm in letting people know what you want. Especially if your request is phrased politely and you express gratitude for the work that people have already done. We've had a few people leave 1/5 ratings as a roundabout way of reporting a bug and asking for tech support, which is pretty much a "dick move".

sby

Content Creator
Coder
yeah, the easiest way is to not specify any modtypes, and moreclothing will grab them all and put them on their corresponding menus. if just tesing 1 mod, then you could block comment out the rest of the moreclothing entries so you just have the 1 mod loading in moreclothing. that would make finding them on the menus easier, and thus seeing what pieces make it up.

edit - also you should be able to have a general idea of what modtypes there are as to where the clothing is located.

covering her torso? probably costume top
covering her legs? probably costume body
a vanilla mod that has armwear? a body type

mostly gets tricky when artists use the body modtype for other things, as it overlaps other modtype locations, just uses a different layer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.