collecting 'normal' clothing for moreclothing (1 Viewer)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
even though moreclothing has been released, this topic will continue to serve as a place to offer suggestions on what to include in the next version of moreclothing, whenever that is (most likely when there is more stuff to include, or bug fixes xD )

hey there people, some of you may know about my 'extractvanillapieces' mod that grabs vanilla clothing from the vanilla mods list and adds them to the clothing lists as they are loaded.

i was thinking of extracting out some of the functionality of the mod to only add vanilla clothing that was loaded with the mod.
in this way, the mod would work like a 'add extra normal clothing' mod. The idea is to have this an automatic startup mod to add more clothing to the game.

so, the plan is to gather some clothing mods to come with the mod to provide out-of-the-box clothing additions.
i want to keep in the general nature of the default clothing, so i am looking for versatile/situation adaptable clothing to come with the mod.

so artists and modders, if you have vanilla clothing pieces that might make a good addition to sdt's default clothing, post a link to your mod(s) here. i am not looking for clothing 'sets', but if the individual pieces happen to be interchangeable that could work. of course, i will document and credit the contributions.

general forum users can feel free to post suggestions as well, i will just have to go out and ask for permission from the creator (if they are still active).

for example of an ideal vanilla clothing mod, dante's 'cleavage shirt' is what first came to mind:
screenshot0001.png

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3132.0

the moreclothing mod this post is talking about can be found in my loader imports thread: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888

Bluey5

Potential Patron
Re: collecting 'normal' clothing for a mod

This is a great idea. I've been waiting for something like this.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

status update:
extracted out some of the code for constant use, and now able to specifically choose what pieces of a mod to add to the clothing list by specifying the modtype in the settings, example of a settings file so far:

Code:
Lucycat.swf=Cat Princess                                               //add all possible elements, each labeled 'Cat Princess'
doublespiked.swf=Doublespiked:CostumeCollar           //add collar from this mod, labeled 'Doublespiked'
BallGagCollarColor.swf=BallGagCollarColor                   //add all possible elements (which happens to be 1), labeled 'BallGagCollarColor'
PostureCollarColor.swf=PostureCollarColor:CostumeCollar
Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeBottoms:CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear   //add pants, shirt, and shoes from this mod, each labeled 'Fusion'

obviously, i haven't released it yet, still collecting stuff to come with it.
also, it should make modguy pleased to hear that i used the moddataloader feature of the loader to be able to control mod loading for naming purposes. the feature now has some love ::)

ModGuy

Content Creator

sby said:
also, it should make modguy pleased to hear that i used the moddataloader feature of the loader to be able to control mod loading for naming purposes. the feature now has some love

You know it.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

did a little bit more thorough settings style (people should be used to that by now), now able to choose to put and package the pieces on a different menu. however if they use the hue slider they still use the hue shifter they are made for.

example to put the footwear, top, and bottoms of the fusion mod on the top menu ~ Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear>CostumeTop

also turned out that i needed to use the old style of doing settings because the dictionary does not have any set ordering, and i wanted to be able to control which mods were added to the menus first.

i uploaded a version in the original post for people to play with and see the convenience/capabilities of this effort.
(random assortments work, loading and saving charcode works)
right now it is a bit messy to put into the init folder, i may add a moreclothingmods folder for the actual release.

i may also remove some of the not-as-flexible mods that do not use the hue slider and do not have breast slider capabilties.

Corgalas

Vivacious Visitor

This is a great idea.
I often feel like I'm the only one not looking for character mods (which is 90% of what I see here) but just clothing and accessories for designs.

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer

Corgalas said:
This is a great idea.
I often feel like I'm the only one not looking for character mods (which is 90% of what I see here) but just clothing and accessories for designs.

And you are looking for clothing in the Loader Forum, why? Clothing mods are more commonly found in the Imports Forum.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

BuckWild said:
Corgalas said:
This is a great idea.

And you are looking for clothing in the Loader Forum, why? Clothing mods are more commonly found in the Imports Forum.
i think the "what i see here" means on the forum in general; a valid assumption considering he is clearly not talking about this thread, so 'here' is being used in some general way.

also, lack of suggestions much? i guess it is okay, since i have already added a lengthy number of mods to come with it.
just thought people would notice a piece of clothing they have used and thought "you know, i wish i could mix and match this piece of clothing with other clothing easily, if only konashion would include this mod in the standard set of clothing."

fakedelde

Vivacious Visitor

Corrected my Yoga Pants to have RGB compatibility, if I might say so myself I think they would be a good addition to the loader.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

lson said:
Corrected my Yoga Pants to have RGB compatibility, if I might say so myself I think they would be a good addition to the loader.
i doubt i will be able to actually have it fully included with the loader, as all of the new clothing would like triple the size of the loader download.

most likely, it will be another module plugin like animtools, penisrange, and what not that people will have to place in the $init folder.
what i am hoping though, is that part of the mod that permits the new modtypes will be included with the loader, so the template i am fooling around with will at least be standard across everyone's loader. edit - module plugin already included with loader

edit - was able to use proxies to be able to support armwear mods from a template to be updated with the finger sizes and hand positions. tis a great day indeed.

edit again - i should make a modpage that advertises/acknowledges/credits the artists and such that i end up using. then modguy can feel conflicted that there is an 'ad' in the mod, but with good cause. xD

edit again again - been sorting through all of the stuff i think should come with it. since i want some of everything added been trying to clean up some mods, and transferring some over to the new template.

Sknaht

Potential Patron

Is no one going to dump clothing here. We need something like this, an article just for regular clothing.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

Sknaht said:
Is no one going to dump clothing here. We need something like this, an article just for regular clothing.
probably because i went off and asked for permission to use things from tons of people, and got a blanket 'sure thing, go right ahead' from pretty much everyone.

i added a simple modpage that lists the artists and links to their imports page.

so far, here is a list of mods i am pretty sure i have permission to use and have considered using (not sure if i specifically asked for the couple backgrounds, they are mostly there for demonstrative purposes),
anyway nobody needs to suggest these as they have been already suggested:
Some of these may have been cut from the release due to size, non-hue shiftability, not very breast size compatible, or me messing up some conversions

Dante - http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=3132.0
00_Gauges.swf
Buisness_Jacket_Open.swf
Cleavage_Shirt.swf
Elektra_Assassin.swf
Elizabeth_Corset.swf
Elizabeth_Jacket.swf
Silk_Robe.swf
Zaps_Fusion_Earrings.swf
Lara_Croft_hair_dynamic.swf

Kir - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=888
denim_shorts.swf
Lucycat.swf
frilly_negligee.swf

Vashikur - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2454
NoseHook.swf
PostureCollarColor.swf
BallGagCollarColor.swf
doublespiked.swf
RingTrainerColor.swf
RingTrainerColorB.swf
SailorFuku.swf
TubeTrainerColor.swf
TubeTrainerColorB.swf

Synonymous - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2710
wii.png (wii fit background)
Jill01_top.swf
Juliet02_top.swf
Ageha_top.swf
Fusion.swf

Rusty - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3817.0
Pushed_Down_Tank.swf
Countess_Dracula_with_Super_Sexy_Option.swf

T0mcat - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3643.0
white_shirt_pushed_up.swf

Faceless - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2574
platforms.swf
PonyShoes.swf
hooker_boots.swf
Shibari.swf
Leotard.swf
Rachelearring.swf
Rachelearring2.swf
kogalsock.swf

Patrick - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=4114.0
Fishnet LTedit_Patrick.swf (was modified from original)

lson - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=4013.0
yogapantsv2hue.swf (was modified from original)

here is the current list of mods i plan to come with it(after filtering through suggestions):
wii.swf=wii:Background
ffbg.png=ff:Background
test.jpg=testroom:Background

Lara_Croft_hair_dynamic.swf=croft:DynamicHair:StaticHair
Cammy.png=cammy

Rachelearring.swf=diamond:CostumeEarPiercing
Rachelearring2.swf=beads:CostumeEarPiercing
Zaps_Fusion_Earrings.swf=zap fusion:CostumeEarPiercing
00_Gauges.swf=gauges:CostumeEarPiercing

NoseHook.swf=nosehook:CostumeEyewear

BallGagCollarColor.swf=BallGagCollarColor:CostumeCollar
PostureCollarColor.swf=PostureCollarColor:CostumeCollar
doublespiked.swf=Doublespiked:CostumeCollar

RingTrainerColor.swf=Ring Trainer A:CostumeGag
RingTrainerColorB.swf=Ring Trainer B:CostumeGag
TubeTrainerColor.swf=Tube Trainer A:CostumeGag
TubeTrainerColorB.swf=Tube Trainer B:CostumeGag

platforms.swf=platforms:CostumeFootwear
PonyShoes.swf=ponyshoes:CostumeFootwear
hooker_boots.swf=hooker boots:CostumeFootwear
kogalsock.swf=kogalsock:CostumeFootwear

Cleavage_Shirt.swf=cleavage shirt:CostumeTop
Leotard.swf=leotard:CostumeTop
frilly_negligee.swf=negigee:CostumeTop
SailorFuku.swf=sailor:CostumeTop
Pushed_Down_Tank.swf=pushed down:CostumeTop

Countess_Dracula_with_Super_Sexy_Option.swf=countess:CostumeTop:CostumeEyewear
Shibari.swf=shibari:CostumeTop
Silk_Robe.swf=silk robe:CostumeTop

;static breasts, non-hue shift tops, might remove these
white_shirt_pushed_up.swf=pushed up:CostumeTop

Fishnet LTedit_Patrick.swf=lt fishnets

denim_shorts.swf=denim shorts:CostumeBottoms
yogapantsv2hue.swf=yogapantsv2:CostumeBottoms

oh yeah, i suppose i could also accept dynamic and static hair suggestions.

Soanevalche

Potential Patron

Having a bit of an issue with it. When loading it through $INIT$, it just cycles through them quickly, but doesn't let me select them afterwards. If I've got extractvanillapieces loaded as well, it saves them all and lets me select them, except instead of cycling through them, they're all displayed at once. Any idea what's going on?

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer

The mod in here isn't a finished product. And might have incompatibility with the newest Loader, that's my guess.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

Soanevalche said:
Having a bit of an issue with it. When loading it through $INIT$, it just cycles through them quickly, but doesn't let me select them afterwards. If I've got extractvanillapieces loaded as well, it saves them all and lets me select them, except instead of cycling through them, they're all displayed at once. Any idea what's going on?
oh god don't load both at the same time :O!!
extractvanilla will probably grab the clothing that moreclothing tries loading xD

but yeah, what buckwild said. the version uploaded here is unfinished.
i see that people might want to use both at the same time. . i might have to merge the mods back together and provide a setting to enable/disable the extractvanilla part.
just thought of better idea, have extractvanillapieces be the last mod moreclothing loads, and people can choose to comment that line out or not. boo-yeah, taking the lazy route.

Soanevalche

Potential Patron

sby said:
Soanevalche said:
oh god don't load both at the same time :O!!
extractvanilla will probably grab the clothing that moreclothing tries loading xD

but yeah, what buckwild said. the version uploaded here is unfinished.
i see that people might want to use both at the same time. . i might have to merge the mods back together and provide a setting to enable/disable the extractvanilla part.
just thought of better idea, have extractvanillapieces be the last mod moreclothing loads, and people can choose to comment that line out or not. boo-yeah, taking the lazy route.

I knew it was unfinished, just thought unfinished and unusable was strange, since it wasn't working whether I was loading it by itself or not. Oh well, bug reported and got an idea how it works now, I'll wait until it's finished.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

Soanevalche said:

was able to merge back in the code from extractvanilla into moreclothing, and supply a setting to enable/disable that part of the mod.
now that this acts as the next version of extractvanilla not sure what i should call this.

morevanillaextract xD

anyway, should solve the issue of people wanting both features.
(this way extractvanillapieces also gets updates with the new modtypes; would have also been a mess getting them to play nice)
extractvanilla code half still needs some minor tweaking to support things like dynamic hairs, probably copy paste party

edit - here's a cool picture:

Attachments

• morevanillaextract.png
    morevanillaextract.png
    846.4 KB · Views: 1,899

eddan5

Potential Patron

Hello! Very very useful mod ! thank you so much man. But Ive got a little problem..
Kind of hard to explain but I will try. So if I want to add a new mod to the setting file, I do like the other
mods that are already there. the thing is, some mods work , but like just now, I tried to add an angel costume, so I tried first by copying your example like this: :CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear>CostumeTop and it worked, all parts loaded. But when I want to add just bottom and the shoes, i go :CostumeBottoms or :CostumeFootwear and the other before of course (name of mod,ingame name, and that) and try to load. No clothes or costumes is ingame, nothing at all.? I probably do something wrong, but all I do is add one line to the settings file, and all stops to work...? Please respond would be grateful!
other than that, GREAT mod, not having to add manually everytime :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.