collecting 'normal' clothing for moreclothing (1 Viewer)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Re: collecting 'normal' clothing for a mod

eddan5 said:
Hello! Very very useful mod ! thank you so much man. But Ive got a little problem..
Kind of hard to explain but I will try. So if I want to add a new mod to the setting file, I do like the other
mods that are already there. the thing is, some mods work , but like just now, I tried to add an angel costume, so I tried first by copying your example like this: :CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear>CostumeTop and it worked, all parts loaded. But when I want to add just bottom and the shoes, i go :CostumeBottoms or :CostumeFootwear and the other before of course (name of mod,ingame name, and that) and try to load. No clothes or costumes is ingame, nothing at all.? I probably do something wrong, but all I do is add one line to the settings file, and all stops to work...? Please respond would be grateful!
other than that, GREAT mod, not having to add manually everytime :)
it will break things if you try to add components that the mod does not have.

a good way to know what a mod has for modtypes is to enable the extractvanillapieces setting, load up moreclothing, and then load the angel costume manually. moreclothing should add all of the angel mod's pieces to the menus, so you should see new entries on the menus that have generic names like 'CostumeTop 48'.

or, link to the mod you are trying to add, and maybe post the setting file line you tried.

eddan5

Potential Patron

sby said:
it will break things if you try to add components that the mod does not have.

a good way to know what a mod has for modtypes is to enable the extractvanillapieces setting, load up moreclothing, and then load the angel costume manually. moreclothing should add all of the angel mod's pieces to the menus, so you should see new entries on the menus that have generic names like 'CostumeTop 48'.

or, link to the mod you are trying to add, and maybe post the setting file line you tried.

Thanks for replying. Yeah so I did like you said, with the exvanillapieces and moreclothing. it showed up at costumetop and costume bottom, and I only want the bottom part so I though I could go in moreclothingsettings and add a line like this: Panty-angel.swf=Angel:CostumeBottoms
Did it, loaded up, but same thing, none of the clothing mods work, but still its loading them I can see that when it boots up ? probably me who does something wrong again :(

Bluey5

Potential Patron

This place might get more normal clothing now that BrokenToaster is here.

aztlan

Casual Client

Is this compatible with Grimey's PantiesAroundOneLeg (http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=617.0)? I cannot seem to get it to work correctly with it. Is that too outdated and missing something tis mod needs to function?

PantiesAroundOneLeg seems to work fine if I load it manually but not with this mod. My goal is to be able to load it via DialogueActions and I have found using this med seems to allow me to do that with other clothing.

Any suggestions on how to get them to work together?

sby

Content Creator
Coder

aztlan said:
Is this compatible with Grimey's PantiesAroundOneLeg (http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=617.0)? I cannot seem to get it to work correctly with it. Is that too outdated and missing something tis mod needs to function?

PantiesAroundOneLeg seems to work fine if I load it manually but not with this mod. My goal is to be able to load it via DialogueActions and I have found using this med seems to allow me to do that with other clothing.

Any suggestions on how to get them to work together?
not sure how the panties are implemented, i am guessing since it is older it is probably manually placed on the leg.

it would be possible to decompile the panites mod, and put them on the legwear modtype in my alternate loader template.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

invisibleman2212 said:
How do you put bras on the mod, I do not know where to list them in the settings.
it doesn't matter where you list them in the settings file, that only determines their order they are in the menus.

it s actually having a bra mod that is the difficult part, i am pretty sure no one has made one from the alternate template (as the vanilla template does not actually have bra mods).

i looked around, the few 'bra' mods out there use the vanilla top/shirt template

if somebody happens to make a bra with the alternate template, tell me if there is anything i should tweak on the template for it.

mikhael1976

Potential Patron
hey sby, great mod. i am under the impression i can add any clothing swf's i want into the moreclothing mod by adding the swf to the moreclothing storage folder and adding the file path to the setting.txt file as well. ive successfully added my own choices of hair swfs/pngs and my own backgrounds too, but any attempt to add costumes and clothing the files are never found when the game loads. red text. sometimes even crashing or freezing. im following the text file path examples already in the setting file. any advice? am i missing some step? i have a similar problem with character folders. the folder appears in the game. the game says "file loaded successfully" when i click it but nothing happens, the costume doesnt appear. i feel like im missing some small detail. been reading past faq's like mad trying to solve this.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
not sure why moreclothing thing isn't working, but for the second thing, make sure the mods.txt in the character folder is listing the mods you want to load, or that the mods are one of the special names.

mikhael1976

Potential Patron
thanks for response. yes ive tried listing the files in the mod.txt and tried renaming the files to the special names like the instructions say. also tried doing both: renaming files to special names and listing those special named files in a mod.txt. guess i just cant beat this puzzle. at least all the swf files work fine when i load them manually from the mod tab. as for the moreclothing mod not letting me add my own costumes, if the creator himself has no idea i guess i'm shit outta luck. thanks anyway man and keep on making cool stuff

sby

Content Creator
Coder
fell free to post what you are trying to add to moreclothing.

if i can't get it to load, then all of the mods you are trying to add probably happen to be loader mods made with faceless's template xD
moreclothing only supports mods that use the modtype framework, so things made with the vanilla template or my alternate loader template.

Iago

Content Creator

sby said:
it s actually having a bra mod that is the difficult part, i am pretty sure no one has made one from the alternate template (as the vanilla template does not actually have bra mods).

i looked around, the few 'bra' mods out there use the vanilla top/shirt template

if somebody happens to make a bra with the alternate template, tell me if there is anything i should tweak on the template for it.
Hi, I've just seen this. I thought I've mentioned it before but maybe I didn't. I tried to use the bra alternate template a couple of times but the stuff I draw in the chest part appeared rotated 90º (more or less) in the mod when I loaded it, so I finally gave up and used the top template instead.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, i know weewillie and climaxtitan have mades bras with the template before, would be weird for this to not pop up with them...hopefully i didn't mess anything up when i did version 3 of the template.

it would be great to know if i did indeed mess something horribly up, cause i remember fiddling with getting the rotation of it.

ClimaxTitan - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=6086
WeeWillie - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=5910.0

edit - some quick testing seems to get the expected result:

Iago

Content Creator
I remember having the same results with both V2 and V3 of the template, but if nobody else seems to have this problem maybe it was something I was doing wrong.

deck pound

Potential Patron
I'm not sure if anyone has done so, but could someone create a lingerie in the color of black. I found a lingerie mod that someone created but its not one that I prefer too much. I thought someone would have something close but i couldn't find one. Link to a picture of the type of lingerie i'm referring to.

http://i.imgur.com/nKZMsZG.jpg

Potatotato

Potential Patron
Hi sby, i tried to put ''Him'' mods under ''; ------ Body ------'',
but it doesn't load very well (sometimes it's just an arm and sometimes his legs disappear).
I've added ''Him'' mods into moreclothing using Female Helper as an example.
Female Helper.swf=Female Help:CostumeHeadwear>Body:CostumeBottoms>Body
Do you know how it could work?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the him mods are most likely made using faceless's loader template and they have code in them to add themselves to specific layers.

moreclothing supports mods that are loaded under the vanilla modtype framework, which i have extended to a few other modtypes with the templateextension included with the loader.

the settings file shows the supported modtypes

also, the female helpers are actually 'her' body mods

noobtastic

Potential Patron
I'm not sure if anyone has done so, but could someone create a lingerie in the color of black. I found a lingerie mod that someone created but its not one that I prefer too much. I thought someone would have something close but i couldn't find one. Link to a picture of the type of lingerie i'm referring to.

http://i.imgur.com/nKZMsZG.jpg

I second this, because 1) This game needs more lingerie
2) Kurumi is life

You know you can use Sby's autohuereg mod to change the colors of most if not all clothing right? It works with the few pieces of lingerie-like clothings I've found on the forums, the ones that are included in his moreclothingmod.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I second this, because 1) This game needs more lingerie
2) Kurumi is life

You know you can use Sby's autohuereg mod to change the colors of most if not all clothing right? It works with the few pieces of lingerie-like clothings I've found on the forums, the ones that are included in his moreclothingmod.
ideally most of this underwear would be made as a legwear modtype, with the panties part then a panties modtype. (to be able to mix and match it with other panties and bottoms)
however, i am not even sure if people know the legwear modtype exists. (one of those alternate loader template modtypes that requires the template extension that comes with the loader).

AdrianWhite404

Potential Patron
So here are my 2 cents.
Or half a cent, as you might decide...

I don't have the skills to make any of my own clothing mods, but here are links to a few of the ones that I added to my Loader:

Denim Shorts:
Denim Shorts

Denim Skirt:
Denim Skirt

Strapped Top Pulled Down:
Strapped Top Pulled Down

Pulled Aside Bikini Bra:
Pulled Aside Bikini Bra
(This one's kind of annoying, since you have to reenable the nipples, but it's not that big a deal)

Pulled Down Bra:
Pulled Down Bra

Transparent Negligee:
Negligee

Side Cut Top:
Side Cut Top

Short Sarong:
Short Sarong

And here are a couple of ones that I couldn't figure out how to get to work for one reason or another.

Little Black Dress (in varying states of undress):
Little Black Dress
Little Black Dress (top down)
Little Black Dress (top down further)

Zip Up Hoodie:
Zip-up Hoodie
Alternative Hoodie

Short Zip Up Hoodie:
Short Hoodie
Alternative Short Hoodie

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.